Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Horrible bosses cause 'race to the bottom'

Eldorado

A new study has found that hostile behaviours from "abusive" bosses can lead to co-workers adopting similar behaviour, leading to a toxic atmosphere of insecurity and exhaustion in the workplace.

The study, carried out by Anglia Ruskin University (ARU) in the UK as well as researchers in Pakistan, China and the United States, surveyed 323 employees about their experiences of abusive behaviour from superiors and peers, and also their job security and level of emotional exhaustion.

Examples of hostile behaviour in the workplace considered by the researchers included use of inappropriate language, sexual harassment, outbursts, humiliation and misuse of power.

https://phys.org/news/2022-09-horrible-bosses-bottom.html

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, Dreamer screamer said:

One word sums all this up.   SLAVERY!!!

Slaves can resign and go do something else?

• Like 1

Some bad bosses depend on the belief that there is a scarcity of jobs.   I had a job that was pretty bad, and exactly what this study described.   Disrespect from bosses led to a lot of bad behavior from coworkers.   When I got a job somewhere else the office manager announced that I would not be moving to Texas for two weeks so if anyone needed me to do anything they could call me.   !!!!   I announced that I charged 50.00 an hour for that kind of stuff (lowballing myself but I knew it was enough to deter any calls).   Then the ***shat called me at my new job to ask me a question about something that I had explained in writting and left on his desk before I left.    I told him he could not call me at work and I sent him a bill.  Never heard from him again and never got paid.

• Like 3

The same principle works with national leadership, as well.  

• Like 1