Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

How should the west react to Russia's annexation of Ukrainian territory?

and-then

If Putin realizes Russia will be defeated, will he use a nuclear weapon?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. If Putin realizes Russia will be defeated, will he use a nuclear weapon?

• YES
    • NO

Elon Musk praised Russian state media propaganda outlets in texts, court documents show

''Tesla billionaire Elon Musk praised Russian state media outlets in texts to a confidante, describing them as having "some good points," court documents released Thursday showed. 

The texts, first reported by The Hill, were included in court documents released Thursday amid Musk's legal battle with Twitter. The social media giant is locked in a dispute with Musk over his decision to back out of his $44 billion deal to buy the platform. 

[...]

"Actually, I find their news quite entertaining," Musk continued, according to the filing. In a follow-up text, the world's richest man described Russian media as having a "lot of bull****, but some good points too."

https://www.businessinsider.com/elon-musk-praised-russian-state-propaganda-media-court-documents-show-2022-9

Edited by Occult1
  • Haha 3

33 minutes ago, Occult1 said:

Elon Musk praised Russian state media propaganda outlets in texts, court documents show

''Tesla billionaire Elon Musk praised Russian state media outlets in texts to a confidante, describing them as having "some good points," court documents released Thursday showed. 

The texts, first reported by The Hill, were included in court documents released Thursday amid Musk's legal battle with Twitter. The social media giant is locked in a dispute with Musk over his decision to back out of his $44 billion deal to buy the platform. 

[...]

"Actually, I find their news quite entertaining," Musk continued, according to the filing. In a follow-up text, the world's richest man described Russian media as having a "lot of bull****, but some good points too."

https://www.businessinsider.com/elon-musk-praised-russian-state-propaganda-media-court-documents-show-2022-9

A broken clock is right twice a day...

5 hours ago, Occult1 said:

Russia has turned the table on the West. They are now fighting a 'defensive' war.

Putin made clear the regions he claimed,  staged referendums and signed the decree. Those are now officially his people.

Do you want peace or not? This is what the Kremlin is saying.  As the Russian ambassador to the U.S. mentioned:

“I would like to add that certain American politicians are under a delusion if they think that our readiness to defend our territory does not apply to Crimea or to territories that may become part of Russia," Antonov declared. ''

https://www.jpost.com/international/article-718566

Wow, does delusion run in your family, cause damn.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Occult1 said:

Putin is no madman, he is only annexing the traditionally pro-Russian areas of Ukraine where the Russian speaking population are concentrated.

fark_S6kBMvvQwYnTp9qJAqDEAV3enmI.jpg

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Helen of Annoy said:

Give nukes back to Ukraine.

Right.  I had forgotten that Ukraine had nukes.  The US promised to protect Ukraine if they gave them up. Hopefully Ukraine looks at some treaties the US made with the Cherokees and other tribes.  Thankfully Ukraine has fared better than Indians did.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Occult1 said:

Putin made clear the regions he claimed,  staged referendums and signed the decree. Those are now officially his people.

You know, I think NATO is working on a referendum in Russia.  If Putin attacks, I am sure NATO will announce the unanimous decision  of the Russian people to join NATO and they are requesting aid in deposing a totalitarian dictator. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Gromdor said:

We should give Ukraine access to a nuke of their own.  Anything Russia threatens with, should be equalized on the Ukrainian side.  

Should Russia gives Iran and Syia access to a 'nuke of their own' ? I wonder how the U.S. would react.

Edited by Occult1

11 minutes ago, Occult1 said:

Should Russia gives Iran and Syia access to a 'nuke of their own' ? I wonder how the U.S. would react.

Honestly I would be surprised if Russia didn't give Iran nuclear technology in trade for their drones.

But to answer your question, the US wouldn't do a thing because Israel would pre-emptively attack both those countries if that was the case.  We might give Israel some more weapons and ammunition because we don't like either of those countries and they support Putin.  Perhaps it would be Israel and Iran disappearing underneath mushroom clouds instead of Moscow and Kiev.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Occult1 said:

The US would not have to react Israel would Nuke both those countries back into the Stone-ages is that what you wish to see?

Edited by Grim Reaper 6
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Hankenhunter said:

Wow, does delusion run in your family, cause damn.

"does delusion run in your family"  

Constructive criticism need not apply.

This is where we're at in this thread on this forum. 

Edited by acidhead
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, acidhead said:

"does delusion run in your family"  

Constructive criticism need not apply.

This is where we're at in this thread on this forum. 

I mean how is somebody to respond to this type of questioning? Is it constructive to the conversation?

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

The US would not have to react Israel would Nuke both those countries back into the Stone-ages is that what you wish to see?

So if giving nuke to certain countries creates an existential threat to another, more powerful one; why would it be different for Russia?

Edited by Occult1

12 hours ago, Occult1 said:

I know it's an unpopular opinion but I think we should unofficially recognizes Russia's annexation of the 4 regions.

It does not mean we approve of Putin's actions but we should discourage Ukraine from attacking the territories. We need to distance ourselves from those actions as to avoid colliding into direct war with Russia. We shouldn't delude ourselves into thinking that Ukraine can take back Crimea, Donbass, Kherson or Zaporizhzhia without a serious escalation or maybe even a nuclear response from Russia. Any gains that Ukraine is currently making in those region is likely to be ephemeral and short-lived once Russia completes mobilization of 300.000+  additional troops, it's game over. Since it's completely unrealistic to believe that we can ''defeat'' Russia in Ukraine, it's best that we allow Putin to save face, let him occupy that 15% of Ukrainian territories indefinitely and freeze the frontlines. It's called damage control. We can then attempt to resume negotiations, which the Kremlin appears willing to do.

I think it is a given now that Putin will be kicked out of Ukraine. The only question is how long it takes. I have just read that the US is limiting the number of HIMARS they gift partly to avoid completely humiliating Putin (another reason is, they want to keep a reserve). NATO could destroy the Russian army in a day or so with conventional weapons if they went all out. Though with the 300,000 untrained vodka-fuelled geriatrics entering the front line, Russia will destroy its own army in a short time.

Edited by pellinore
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Gromdor said:

Honestly I would be surprised if Russia didn't give Iran nuclear technology in trade for their drones.

But to answer your question, the US wouldn't do a thing because Israel would pre-emptively attack both those countries if that was the case.  We might give Israel some more weapons and ammunition because we don't like either of those countries and they support Putin.  Perhaps it would be Israel and Iran disappearing underneath mushroom clouds instead of Moscow and Kiev.

The Ukrainians have already learnt how to electronically jam the Iranian drones. Putin won't want more. They are a flash in the pan like the "Terminator tanks" which terminated themselves.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tatetopa said:

Right.  I had forgotten that Ukraine had nukes.  The US promised to protect Ukraine if they gave them up. Hopefully Ukraine looks at some treaties the US made with the Cherokees and other tribes.  Thankfully Ukraine has fared better than Indians did.

I'm pretty certain Ukraine gave up it's nukes in exchange for NATO protection when they became independent, I also believe they had no capability of using them anyway as they were part of old Soviet incomplete arsenal.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, acidhead said:

I mean how is somebody to respond to this type of questioning? Is it constructive to the conversation?

His posting style is very aggressive and when he doesn't know what to respond, he just post a bunch of memes. I usually choose to ignore him.

Edited by Occult1

1 hour ago, acidhead said:

No so we back up correct ourselves and try to move forward.

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Occult1 said:

So if giving nuke to certain countries creates an existential threat to another, more powerful one; why would it be different for Russia?

The US has given Nukes to no one, and your Russian support certainly shows your true intentions. Russia is the existential threat to Europe and other parts of the free world, yet you claim that isn’t true so please don’t try to deny that. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Gromdor said:

We should give Ukraine access to a nuke of their own.  Anything Russia threatens with, should be equalized on the Ukrainian side.  

"a nuke"  

"We(America, I presume) should give Ukraine" one nuke?  

Why just one?

4 minutes ago, acidhead said:

"a nuke"  

"We(America, I presume) should give Ukraine" one nuke?  

Why just one?

“Just asking questions” 

14 minutes ago, Nuclear Wessel said:

“Just asking questions” 

Not an argument. 

And not very constructive to the conversation.

Edited by acidhead

4 hours ago, Occult1 said:

[...]

I searched through court documents and couldn't find any of the claimed 'some good points' neither 'Actually, I find their news quite entertaining'. I call it bs.

At least check your sources and links therein.

• Like 1

And another bunch of 500 russkys bought tickets to Kobzon concert... + whole bunch of armament destroyed... 2nd army... 

Look at the state of this army. I'd be surprised if Russia's nuclear arsenal is any better. Putin has always had a showcase army, not a funtioning one like NATO:

• Like 1