Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Phone slow loading issue

Abramelin

My only access to the internet is my Samsung smartphone.

To me it seems whenever I click on many of my fast links stored on my phone, UM is trying to wrestle itself through it, and slows down my phone.

I love this site  but...

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Abramelin said:

To me it seems whenever I click on many of my fast links stored on my phone, UM is trying to wrestle itself through it, and slows down my phone.

I love this site  but...

Nothing has changed on this end and there are no issues with the server, so the issue could be with your phone.

Can you give me an example of a page that you are having trouble loading and when did the problem start ?

I know nothing changed on your end.

I just want to know why things changed on my end, and that for a couple of years.

What I do nowadays is click on one of my fast links, and when it loads, I enter "Doggerland" and "Unexplained Mysteries' in my browser.

Then I always get page 37 of the Doggerland thread on top of the search results, and thàt is the way I always access this site.

30 minutes ago, Abramelin said:

I know nothing changed on your end.

I just want to know why things changed on my end, and that for a couple of years.

If you've had performance issues on your phone for two years, perhaps you just need an upgrade.

What model is your phone ?

• Like 1

• The title was changed to Phone slow loading issue

Processors get old.  Soft ware updates, which pushes the processors to work sluggishly.   It is unfortunate,  but, this happens with all brands of smart phones

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Abramelin said:

I love this site  but...

There is a diagnostic tool in the settings on the Samsung smartphones. It's very usefull to get rid of all the unneccesary stuff that fills up a phone over time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

There is a diagnostic tool in the settings on the Samsung smartphones. It's very usefull to get rid of all the unneccesary stuff that fills up a phone over time.

I think it may be 'Google Files' for Android devices.

It has a "Clean" function.

Edited by acute
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, acute said:

I think it may be 'Google Files' for Android devices.

It has a "Clean" function.

As a bloody forreiner my phone settings are in a strange and incomprehensible language. :P

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

As a bloody forreiner my phone settings are in a strange and incomprehensible language. :P

(It's "foreigner", BTW. :w00t:)

When I had my first smartphone, it was all new to me.  So, I set the language to 'Suomi' — just to see what happened.

Big mistake! :lol:

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, acute said:

(It's "foreigner", BTW. :w00t:)

I might have misspelled it for comedic effect. :rolleyes:

7 minutes ago, acute said:

When I had my first smartphone, it was all new to me.  So, I set the language to 'Suomi' — just to see what happened.

Big mistake! :lol:

Now that is truly a strange and incomprehensible language. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Saru said:

If you've had performance issues on your phone for two years, perhaps you just need an upgrade.

What model is your phone ?

Samsung Galaxy A01

1 hour ago, Abramelin said:

Samsung Galaxy A01

That's around 7 years old - as others have noted, phones can slow down over time.

Try some of the suggestions above for clearing out your cache, you could also try a different browser and see if that works any faster.

Ultimately though, you may need to upgrade your phone to see any appreciable difference in overall performance.

• Thanks 1

This fairly new I-pad will slow down in here..and even start opening threads other than what I clicked on…clearing my history always fixes it..and makes it fast again.

• Like 1

I finally managed to update FireFox, and it works like a charm!

I, however, lost my favorites and list of top websites, but since I made many fastlinks not much is lost.

• Like 2