Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Christian parents win in court after school labeled 6-year-old son potentially 'transphobic'

el midgetron

Two Christian parents in the United Kingdom have prompted the government to revise its gender-related guidance for children after they took legal action when a school labeled their 6-year-old son as potentially "transphobic."….

…..Nigel said of his case, "To cut a long story short, in the school, when our boys were six years of age, in the classroom one of their friends decided to transition from being a boy to a girl. It was just announced to the kids. And therefore, when we heard, we objected to that."…..

…..Instead of listening to their concerns, they said the school sent them a letter that accused both them and their young son of potential "transphobic behavior."

After seeking legal counsel regarding whether the school's behavior was legal, the London-based Christian Legal Centre (CLC) told them it was not.

https://www.foxnews.com/world/christian-parents-win-court-school-labeled-6-year-old-son-transphobic

• Like 1
  • Thanks 7

I wish they could BEGGAR that school district.

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, and-then said:

I wish they could BEGGAR that school district.

What does this even mean?

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Knob Oddy said:

God. This is horrible. Why are we teaching children lies?

My son was kicked out of a gender ideology class when he was 10 years old for laughing. There were 100 kids in the class and 2 had to leave including my son for laughing.

The exact phrase which caused the outburst was "when Johnny (fictional 10 year old boy) looked in the mirror, he looked exactly like a little girl, except for his tiny penis"

This classes main purpose was to get all the children thinking about if they really were boys or girls. Apparently that's the first step to becoming transgender, according to the experts

It`s so wrong messing with kid's minds.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

What you are really saying is that it is wrong for anyone but parents to mess with kids minds.  If parents want to groom their kids to fear or hate, any group, be that blacks, whites, or gays, it has been and will be their right to do so now and into the future.  If leftists want to teach their  kids that MAGA supporters are retarded, ******* scum, it is their right to do so. If they encourage their kids to laugh at and bully MAGA kids, who should stop them, teachers?

• Like 7

4 hours ago, Chronus said:

It means to take everything.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

What you are really saying is that it is wrong for anyone but parents to mess with kids minds.  If parents want to groom their kids to fear or hate, any group, be that blacks, whites, or gays, it has been and will be their right to do so now and into the future.  If leftists want to teach their  kids that MAGA supporters are retarded, ******* scum, it is their right to do so. If they encourage their kids to laugh at and bully MAGA kids, who should stop them, teachers?

I think we could all agree that bullying should be stopped in schools. Yes teachers SHOULD stop bullying when they see it.

Interesting you used the word "groom". I think that school are definitely grooming children in regards to LGBT issues

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Chronus said:

It's a slightly more "artful" way of saying - SUE THEM INTO POVERTY.   No school district should be labeling a SIX-YEAR-OLD child as a "hater".  That's political insanity and parents need to legally fight back against this nonsense.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Cookie Monster said:

The scary part is that 98 of the 100 kids just sat there considering whether having a tiny penis makes you a girl. The kids are definitely taking it seriously if they didn't laugh at that sentence.

Quite proud that I raised my son to have a sense of humor 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Knob Oddy said:

I think we could all agree that bullying should be stopped in schools. Yes teachers SHOULD stop bullying when they see it.

Interesting you used the word "groom". I think that school are definitely grooming children in regards to LGBT issues

Yeah.  Physical intimidation or threats is bullying.  How far does it go?  If one teaches their child never to sit next to another child because they will cheat off their papers or give them a disease, that it is OK never to play with that kid and refuse to be on the same team, or eat lunch at the same table, is that bullying?  If one teaches their kid that it is alright and maybe their Christian Duty to tell that other kid he and his parents are going to Hell because God hates them, it that bullying? Where does the line get drawn without some parent objecting  that it is part of their religion?  

Grooming is to prepare or train someone for a particular purpose or activity.  One can be groomed for success.  Certainly parents groom their children to be successful, and also groom them into their beliefs, whatever they might be.  Do teachers groom kids by preparing them to be accepting  of LBGTQ kids and treat them like other kids?  

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Tatetopa said:

Yeah.  Physical intimidation or threats is bullying.  How far does it go?  If one teaches their child never to sit next to another child because they will cheat off their papers or give them a disease, that it is OK never to play with that kid and refuse to be on the same team, or eat lunch at the same table, is that bullying?  If one teaches their kid that it is alright and maybe their Christian Duty to tell that other kid he and his parents are going to Hell because God hates them, it that bullying? Where does the line get drawn without some parent objecting  that it is part of their religion?  

Grooming is to prepare or train someone for a particular purpose or activity.  One can be groomed for success.  Certainly parents groom their children to be successful, and also groom them into their beliefs, whatever they might be.  Do teachers groom kids by preparing them to be accepting  of LBGTQ kids and treat them like other kids?  

It's "grooming" kids in the same way desegregating schools "groomed" kids to not be afraid of black people, by turning them from strangers to friends. 

And that's what all these people are afraid of. That accepting other youth as trans will turn their own child trans which would be of course the worst thing ever to happen.

They are just afraid and want their children to also be afraid. 

What happened in OP is another parent let their child dress different and use different pronouns. So the teacher was nice and supportive. But another parent couldn't let the school make its own decision or let the other parents raise their kid as they choose. So they sued. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

43 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

Do teachers groom kids by preparing them to be accepting  of LBGTQ kids and treat them like other kids?  

No. They groom children when they force them to do the "first step" on the journey to becoming transgender, if you believe the experts.

This gender affirming therapist explains that questioning if you are one sex or the other is the beginning of the transgender "journey".

Starts at 2.30 if you don't want to watch the whole 3 mins.

Why would any teacher want to get EVERY STUDENT to think about if they are the other gender or not? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

What you are really saying is that it is wrong for anyone but parents to mess with kids minds.  If parents want to groom their kids to fear or hate, any group, be that blacks, whites, or gays, it has been and will be their right to do so now and into the future. 

Fear white people? Fear police officers? Fear America as a systemically racist place? Convince them that schools don’t tech real history? 

It’s always parents right to teach their kids their beliefs. Do you want the right to teach you kids what you believe or what the state deems you should believe?

If leftists want to teach their  kids that MAGA supporters are retarded, ******* scum, it is their right to do so.

(Some) Leftists do teach their kids that. It’s arguable that the media and the current administration “teaches” adults that. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, el midgetron said:

Fear white people? Fear police officers? Fear America as a systemically racist place? Convince them that schools don’t tech real history? 

It’s always parents right to teach their kids their beliefs. Do you want the right to teach you kids what you believe or what the state deems you should believe?

(Some) Leftists do teach their kids that. It’s arguable that the media and the current administration “teaches” adults that. 

I'm with you 100%.  Its always the parents right to teach their kids their beliefs. That might require home schooling or religious school if those beliefs run counter to the direction society is going.

Here is my understanding about nations.  They all have rules and they all seek to preserve themselves.  The United States is no different.  Public schools are a service to parents and children, but their primary purpose is to educate young people in a way that is profitable for society and to perpetuate the government in power.  Jefferson knew how important an informed citizenry was to  maintaining a free nation.  So I would contend that since the beginning curricula have been balanced between teaching skills that would make a useful individual and beliefs that would make a useful citizen. 

Frankly the belief  that everybody has the right to do anything they please and  any imposition by the government is  tyranny   is a very new progressive, liberal idea.  It was not a thing in my generation, my parents, or my grandparents.  All three of our generations had wars, Cold Wars, drafts, patriotic duty, and sometimes rationing.  I would maintain we also knew more about integrity, honesty, and having enough than many do today.  JMO of course, no articles to cite.

Edited by Tatetopa
removed some of courses
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

I'm with you 100%.  Its always the parents right to teach their kids their beliefs. That might require home schooling or religious school if those beliefs run counter to the direction society is going. 

But that entails limiting someone access to public resources due to their beliefs,

3 hours ago, el midgetron said:

But that entails limiting someone access to public resources due to their beliefs,

Exactly. And F society if the goal is to have children, who wouldn’t on their own even consider such a thing, questioning their gender. Questioning their sexuality before it even exists. 

Society doesn’t want this. A bunch of radical leftwing lunatics do. Who else would try to destroy a 6 year old, cause his parents believe chemically castrating a small child is unethical? 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, preacherman76 said:

Exactly. And F society if the goal is to have children, who wouldn’t on their own even consider such a thing, questioning their gender. Questioning their sexuality before it even exists. 

Society doesn’t want this. A bunch of radical left-wing lunatics do. Who else would try to destroy a 6-year-old, cause his parents believe chemically castrating a small child is unethical? 

I would take my children out of such a school and sue it.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, el midgetron said:

Indeed, that is how public services work.  If you want a specialty drink, you go to Starbucks and pay for it, if you want a specialty education, you go to a private school.

I had no choice but to stand up, put my hand over my heart, say the pledge, and a prayer at the start of every school day.  It was natural for me, I didn't feel oppressed by it, but it is government indoctrination nonetheless and to a great extent it worked.  Do you want your kids saying a pledge and being loyal to the government today?  I wonder if you do, or do you want to pick and choose like a Starbucks?

I wouldn't want my kids being pushed into stripper pole dancing, CRT, or questions of gender in elementary school.  That would be outrageous.  I just wonder if it is true or more hate and victim hype to divide people.  For example "pole dancing" could be part of a gym class for core body strength and coordination that has absolutely nothing to do with stripper poles or sexuality, but a gubernatorial candidate picks it up to war against liberals.  

If I thought it was true, I would be in agreement with you.   

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

Indeed, that is how public services work.  If you want a specialty drink, you go to Starbucks and pay for it, if you want a specialty education, you go to a private school.

I had no choice but to stand up, put my hand over my heart, say the pledge, and a prayer at the start of every school day.  It was natural for me, I didn't feel oppressed by it, but it is government indoctrination nonetheless and to a great extent it worked.  Do you want your kids saying a pledge and being loyal to the government today?  I wonder if you do, or do you want to pick and choose like a Starbucks?

I wouldn't want my kids being pushed into stripper pole dancing, CRT, or questions of gender in elementary school.  That would be outrageous.  I just wonder if it is true or more hate and victim hype to divide people.  For example "pole dancing" could be part of a gym class for core body strength and coordination that has absolutely nothing to do with stripper poles or sexuality, but a gubernatorial candidate picks it up to war against liberals.  

If I thought it was true, I would be in agreement with you.   

I don’t think the Pledge of Allegiance is pledging loyalty to the government,  Rather to the founding principles defined by the Constitution and Bill of Rights. To me, that’s “America” not the politicians, bureaucrats  and administrations that come and go. I recited it in school too and never thought much about it. Unfortunately, I’ve seen it recited in High School classrooms today and it’s sad. Few kids actually recite it, some just mumble while other don’t participate at all. We need to reconnect with our national identity. We need to teach the real history of this nation. That the injustices of the past were the status quo around the world. We didn’t invent slavery or colonization, we lead the world in ending those things. The British Royal Navy lost 1,000 men fighting the transatlantic slave trade and freed 150,000 Africans who were sold into slavery by their own people. The US fought a war to end slavery with 320,000 on the Union side sacrificing their lives. African, Middle Eastern and Asian countries continued the practice of slavery for decades after it was abolished in the west. Kenya abolished slavery in 1907, Nigeria in 1936, Mauritania was the last county to abolish slavery in 1981 and by most accounts it’s still widely practiced there and in other parts of Africa and Asia. 

Racism and bigotry will unfortunately be a part of any society. We as a society can reject it hope to minimize it, as we have. Hate is a part of human nature. It’s part of our capacity for good and evil we will never be free of it as long as we maintain our humanity. However, in comparison to other parts of the world America’s problem with racism isn’t so bad. In other parts of the world they are killing each other in wars and genocides because of racism and bigotry. In those places it’s not even that people have different skin color or different religions. They will have the same skin color but are from opposing tribes or ethnic factions. They will share the same religion but kill each other over how that religion is practiced. 

So ******* sick of the anti-America philosophies. They are white-centric in that they dismiss or marginalize the rest of the world and their histories. 

Hey Tate, that’s not really directed at you. I’m just ranting.

Edited by el midgetron
  • Like 3

30 minutes ago, el midgetron said:

These doctors need to be held criminally and financially responsible for the lives they ruin with this crap. 

ETA- They are basically mutilating children. 

Edited by preacherman76
  • Like 3

36 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

These doctors need to be held criminally and financially responsible for the lives they ruin with this crap. 

ETA- They are basically mutilating children. 

While I agree and I'm sickened everytime I hear one of these stories. But Spartan has assured me that no one ever regrets surgery and every child mutilated is thoroughly checked out beforehand.

Tongue firmly in cheek here with that 2nd sentence 

Edited by Knob Oddy
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

54 minutes ago, Knob Oddy said:

While I agree and I'm sickened everytime I hear one of these stories. But Spartan has assured me that no one ever regrets surgery and every child mutilated is thoroughly checked out beforehand.

Tongue firmly in cheek here with that 2nd sentence 

I think how you guys ignore 99% of trans people so that you can hyper focus on 1% who are regretful is disingenuous. 

If you cared at all about the trans expierence than you would listen to them instead of only seeking out the rare stories you want to hear.

You guys seem not to care at all about the trans kids who do end up dead, or abused, or homeless. 

Its good to want to help that 1%. But you guys use them just to try and harm the 99%.

And again, for the record. Most trans people don't do surgery in the first place. Your kid going by they/them dosen't mean they are going to want to do surgery.

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

I think how you guys ignore 99% of trans people so that you can hyper focus on 1% who are regretful is disingenuous. 

Without doubt.

There are entire countries and societies that have transgender citizens. They don't illustrate the exaggerating and fear mongering we see on this forum yet it's hardly a new concept in those countries.

Criminals in a dress using an excuse don't actually represent the transgender community IMHO. Nor do botched cases. Plastic surgery often results in mutilation as well, yet it's accepted as quite normal in today's society. People make bad decisions. Bad doctors should always be held accountable. That's in general. 

Even then, personal preference isn't a community benchmark. Rather than speaking out, it more strikes me as an act of self validation. 

• Like 1