Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Christian parents win in court after school labeled 6-year-old son potentially 'transphobic'

el midgetron

24 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

I think how you guys ignore 99% of trans people so that you can hyper focus on 1% who are regretful is disingenuous. 

If you cared at all about the trans expierence than you would listen to them instead of only seeking out the rare stories you want to hear.

You guys seem not to care at all about the trans kids who do end up dead, or abused, or homeless. 

Its good to want to help that 1%. But you guys use them just to try and harm the 99%.

And again, for the record. Most trans people don't do surgery in the first place. Your kid going by they/them dosen't mean they are going to want to do surgery.

Where do you get your stats from? I'd be interested to know those figures are accurate or up to date.

Also, I am really against telling children they need to alter their bodies to treat a mental condition. Its absolutely dangerous. Many trans kids have more then 1 mental disorder, with autism being the highest.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Knob Oddy said:

Where do you get your stats from? I'd be interested to know those figures are accurate or up to date.

Also, I am really against telling children they need to alter their bodies to treat a mental condition. Its absolutely dangerous. Many trans kids have more then 1 mental disorder, with autism being the highest.

It's what most stats say.

Experts estimate that about 1% of transgender individuals regret having gender-affirmation surgery. 

In 2021, the journal Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery – Global Open published a review of 27 studies concerning regret after gender-affirmation surgery. Overall, the studies included 7,928 transgender participants who had undergone any type of gender-affirmation surgery. About a third of the study subjects underwent transmasculine surgeries; the remaining two-thirds had transfeminine procedures. 

In the transmasculine group, less than 1% regretted their decision. In the transfeminine group, the rate was 1%. 

Some people who regretted their decision had difficulty living as their desired gender or being accepted in their new role. Others were dissatisfied with the results of their surgery. Their bodily appearance or physical sensations were not what they expected, or they had trouble adapting psychologically. 

https://www.issm.info/sexual-health-qa/is-it-common-for-transgender-people-to-regret-gender-affirmation-surgery#:~:text=Experts estimate that about 1,regret after gender-affirmation surgery.

As for this quote:

This is a straw man. No one tells children they need to alter their bodies. 

When you make statements like that it shows me you have no idea or expierence with what you are talking about. You guys actually live in fear with this idea that we want and tell kids to do surgery lol. It's ridiculous. 

No one is pressuring kids to do surgery. 

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You guys ignore the fact that 100% of kids can’t consent to “transition”. Sexually altering children is perverse. 

If the Travistock case is any indicator, it looks like it  more like 20% of kids,

“On the heels of the ordered closure of the infamous Tavistock gender clinic in London, which offered “gender-affirming care” and puberty blockers to thousands of children over the years, news has broken that roughly 1,000 families will file a medical negligence lawsuit against the clinic…….
……has alleged that the clinic, which has treated a reported 19,000 children for gender dysphoria since 1989, refused to collect data on the use or side effects of puberty blockers. She asked if brain development was “temporarily or permanently disrupted by puberty-blockers.”

https://www.dailywire.com/news/infamous-british-gender-clinic-will-be-sued-by-1000-families-report

The revelations by brave whistleblowers that finally brought disgraced gender clinic Tavistock down: Children rushed onto life-altering puberty blockers, doctors 'converting' gay children into thinking they're trans and mental health issues brushed aside

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-11060947/The-revelations-brave-whistleblowers-finally-brought-disgraced-gender-clinic-Tavistock-down.html

Hundreds' of young trans people seeking help to return to original sex

https://news.sky.com/story/hundreds-of-young-trans-people-seeking-help-to-return-to-original-sex-11827740

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

Spartan, on numerous occasions you have praised transitioning children as an effective treatment. If there isn’t other treatment options, then you are telling kids they need to alter their bodies if they question their “gender”.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, el midgetron said:

If the Travistock case is any indicator, it looks like it  more like 20% of kids,

This is a lawsuit, not a study. Could question motivations a bit.

But regardless I want to point out that 1k out of 19k is not 20% but 5%.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, el midgetron said:

Spartan, on numerous occasions you have praised transitioning children as an effective treatment. If there isn’t other treatment options, then you are telling kids they need to alter their bodies if they question their “gender”.

Surgery is an option that should be open as most who do it do find it helpful. One again, most trans people don't do surgery. 

You guys don't understand that it's a spectrum like anything else.

You guys have this weird idea that a kid had dsyhopria and adults are like "oh my god you need surgery!"

I've never seen it happen like that. That's not how it works. I've never seen a family or teen wanting to rush into surgery. 

Like with anything medical, people try lower intensity treatments first. Aka socially transitioning. Wearing different clothes, different pronouns, therapy for depression. Antidepressants. Etc.

For many people those things are enough. But for some they decide to do surgery when everything else fails.

If a teen says they are unsure, no one is going to tell the kid they are wrong for being unsure or for not wanting to do surgery

• Like 1

1 hour ago, spartan max2 said:

I think how you guys ignore 99% of trans people so that you can hyper focus on 1% who are regretful is disingenuous. 

If you cared at all about the trans expierence than you would listen to them instead of only seeking out the rare stories you want to hear.

You guys seem not to care at all about the trans kids who do end up dead, or abused, or homeless. 

Its good to want to help that 1%. But you guys use them just to try and harm the 99%.

And again, for the record. Most trans people don't do surgery in the first place. Your kid going by they/them dosen't mean they are going to want to do surgery.

I call BS on the 99% guess. In fact we at this point really have no idea how large of a nightmare that’s been created. It’s just recently surgeries have been done on a massive amount of children. 

Truth is most of them grow out of it. 

I wish you guys could understand exactly what we are talking about here.  We are talking about the sterilization and mutilation of children not anywhere near mature enough to make such a decision. How can you not see the level of regret that’s just over the horizon? 

• Like 5

53 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

https://www.issm.info/sexual-health-qa/is-it-common-for-transgender-people-to-regret-gender-affirmation-surgery#:~:text=Experts estimate that about 1,regret after gender-affirmation surgery.

As for this quote:

When you make statements like that it shows me you have no idea or expierence with what you are talking about. You guys actually live in fear with this idea that we want and tell kids to do surgery lol. It's ridiculous. 

No one is pressuring kids to do surgery. 

Yeah, that’s what they said about the % of opioid addiction there is for people who take it right before they started passing out Vicodin like it was candy. That went well….

• Like 3

As for this quote:

You are not paying attention. I’ve heard many of these kids say they were pressured into this. It’s literally become a cult. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

This is a lawsuit, not a study. Could question motivations a bit.

Question motivations like predatory for-profit “treatments”?

But regardless I want to point out that 1k out of 19k is not 20% but 5%.

That’s only if the 5% doesn’t self identify as a different percentage. But in this case, you are correct. 

• Thanks 1

When Chloe was 12 years old, she decided she was transgender. At 13, she came out to her parents. That same year, she was put on puberty blockers and prescribed testosterone. At 15, she underwent a double mastectomy. Less than a year later, she realized she’d made a mistake — all by the time she was 16 years old.

Now 17, Chloe is one of a growing cohort called “detransitioners” — those who seek to reverse a gender transition, often after realizing they actually do identify with their biological sex. Tragically, many will struggle for the rest of their lives with the irreversible medical consequences of a decision they made as minors.…..

……Medical professionals typically follow the affirmative-care model, which is supported by the American Psychological Association, validating a patient’s expressed gender identity regardless of their age. As a result, detransitioners frequently report that getting prescriptions is a breeze. A total of 55% said their medical evaluations felt inadequate, according to Dr. Littman’s survey.

In Helena’s case, all it took to get a testosterone prescription was one trip to Planned Parenthood when she was 18. She said she was given four times the typical starting dose by a nurse practitioner in less than an hour, without ever seeing a doctor.

https://nypost.com/2022/06/18/detransitioned-teens-explain-why-they-regret-changing-genders/

• Like 5

I read the story about many kids in Virginia walking out of school to protest treatment of trans kids.  Trans kids, gay kids, and kids that don't feel themselves a perfect fit for on e gender or another were suppressed during my childhood.  I didn't know any, and in adult life, I not sure if I have worked with trans people.  It might be different for kids today, they are not strangers to LGBTQ kids, it is their friends that we are talking about.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, el midgetron said:

The British Royal Navy lost 1,000 men fighting the transatlantic slave trade and freed 150,000 Africans who were sold into slavery by their own people. The US fought a war to end slavery with 320,000 on the Union side sacrificing their lives. African, Middle Eastern and Asian countries continued the practice of slavery for decades after it was abolished in the west. Kenya abolished slavery in 1907, Nigeria in 1936,

That's some good history there.  But, you missed the bit about when Nigeria and Kenya gained independence.

For some reason the independence of Commonwealth Realms has become topical in the last month or so.  I guess you missed it.

Edited by Golden Duck

On 10/4/2022 at 12:08 AM, Tatetopa said:

What you are really saying is that it is wrong for anyone but parents to mess with kids minds.  If parents want to groom their kids to fear or hate, any group, be that blacks, whites, or gays, it has been and will be their right to do so now and into the future.  If leftists want to teach their  kids that MAGA supporters are retarded, ******* scum, it is their right to do so. If they encourage their kids to laugh at and bully MAGA kids, who should stop them, teachers?

There you go with the 'fear & hate' again.

Nobody has mentioned fear or hate, except you. 

"If parents want to groom their kids to fear or hate"  Parents just don't do that.

Edited by itsnotoutthere
  • Like 3

"Why would any teacher want to get EVERY STUDENT to think about if they are the other gender or not?" 

Exactly this.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Golden Duck said:

That's some good history there.  But, you missed the bit about when Nigeria and Kenya gained independence.

For some reason the independence of Commonwealth Realms has become topical in the last month or so.  I guess you missed it.

Yeah, I did wonder about the dynamic of that but was pretty confident about the dates of abolition. My assumption was something along the lines of colonial British intervention in these countries took the path of least resistance and allowed for self governance in matters that didn’t impact economic interests. Anyway, with your prodding I searched for answers. It appear that might have been the case in Nigeria (I’m sure there are alternative views) but Kenya didn’t even become a British “colony” until after abolition. 

"Nigeria: History" also states that by the 18th century, the British had replaced the Portuguese as the leaders of the slave- trade business. According to Google Culture Institute's "Birth of the Nigerian Colony," British traders settled in Nigeria around this time in an area that surrounded the Niger River known as Lagos. The abolition of the slave trade was the key moment when the British truly “intervened in the region.” They placed their focus on obtaining goods to increase their ability to trade, as well as on converting the people of the area, which was previously heavily Muslim, to Christianity……

……The British began their colonization of the area by slowly moving around the area and defeating different power heads in order to obtain more trading goods. According to an article written by Toyin Falola titled "Nigeria as a Colony," the British government gained control over the Royal Niger Company’s territories, and added on lower regions near the river to create the Protectorate of Northern Nigeria and Protectorate of Southern Nigeria. The British kept their control over Nigeria via indirect rule, which meant that local leaders would govern the area under orders of the British. This way, the British could profit from the economy of Nigeria that, because of their intervention, was based primarily on the export of different crops including palm oil, cacao, and peanuts, while also not getting in the way of ethnic tensions.“

https://scalar.usc.edu/works/niger-delta-black-gold-blues/12-colonial-subjugation-of-people-land-and-nature-slave-trade-resource-extraction-palm-oil-and-the-invention-of-a-national-territory-kaitlyn

The Colony and Protectorate of Kenya, commonly known as British Kenya or British East Africa, was part of the British Empire in Africa. It was established when the former East Africa Protectorate was transformed into a British Crown colony in 1920. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kenya_Colony

A protectorate, in the context of international relations, is a state that is under protection by another state for defence against aggression and other violations of law.[1] It is a dependent territory that enjoys autonomy over most of its internal affairs, while still recognizing the suzerainty of a more powerful sovereign state without being a possession.[2][3][4] 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Protectorate

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, spartan max2 said:

A good example of that, and I tell the story because the biggest takeaway from it should be, leave them alone until they are in high school.    In 6th grade (this year) the first thing the school did was get the kids together and talk to them about gender, these kids are 11!   So, my grandson and his friend for different reasons were very confused because at the end of it they were asked what pronoun they wanted to be used to identify themselves.   His friend is an english as a 3rd language student and decided that she would use 'they' because she liked boys and girls (she is too young to understand what that really means, she has friends that are girls and friends that are boys).   My grandson is autistic and has been at a Spanish speaking school for 4 years so he was very confused and my daughter had to explain to him that he could choose what ever pronoun he wanted but it was supposed to indicate if he felt like a boy or a girl.  That set him off, so he said then refer to me as 'El', and then she had to explain that is 'he/him' in English.   A lot of unnessesary stress the first week of school.   Idiotic in my opinion.  All these mandates to "support" trans gender people as well as the idiocy to support "gay" people and "non-white" people has gone way too far.   It is another virus of the mind, a way to program kids before they are able to understand what is going on.

Rant over.

P.S.  I am not against talking to kids about anything and everything, it is the approach that is wrong and some things should be left to the parents until high school.

Edited by Desertrat56
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

A good example of that, and I tell the story because the biggest takeaway from it should be, leave them alone until they are in high school.    In 6th grade (this year) the first thing the school did was get the kids together and talk to them about gender, these kids are 11!   So, my grandson and his friend for different reasons were very confused because at the end of it they were asked what pronoun they wanted to be used to identify themselves.   His friend is an english as a 3rd language student and decided that she would use 'they' because she liked boys and girls (she is too young to understand what that really means, she has friends that are girls and friends that are boys).   My grandson is autistic and has been at a Spanish speaking school for 4 years so he was very confused and my daughter had to explain to him that he could choose what ever pronoun he wanted but it was supposed to indicate if he felt like a boy or a girl.  That set him off, so he said then refer to me as 'El', and then she had to explain that is 'he/him' in English.   A lot of unnessesary stress the first week of school.   Idiotic in my opinion.  All these mandates to "support" trans gender people as well as the idiocy to support "gay" people and "non-white" people has gone way too far.   It is another virus of the mind, a way to program kids before they are able to understand what is going on.

Rant over.

P.S.  I am not against talking to kids about anything and everything, it is the approach that is wrong and some things should be left to the parents until high school.

Shouldn`t children go to school to learn, not to be indoctrinated into extreme liberal ideologies?

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

Rant over.

It is messing up many kids.  Puberty is a very confusing time for many.   Many do not understand what they are attracted to or how they really feel until they are much older.   We can support them while holding off till 18 for surgeries or drugs.  

• Like 3

14 hours ago, spartan max2 said:

"In this post, the circumstances of each of the homicides of seven trans people in the UK over the past decade are detailed alongside a list of 12 homicides in the same period that were perpetrated by trans people, all of whom were biologically male (ie. males who identify as trans women or who, as cross-dressers, are included under the trans umbrella). It is worth noting here that male trans individuals account for less than 1% of the UK population and it is therefore remarkable that they appear to have been responsible for almost twice the number of homicides as have actually been the victims of homicide. The problem is likely, of course, to be a male pattern of violence that is retained despite transition or cross-dressing; male people commit more homicides than are the victim of homicides. This pattern is reversed in female people where more females are victims of homicide than commit homicide"

https://transcrimeuk.com/2017/11/16/trans-homicides-in-the-uk-a-closer-look-at-the-numbers/

Edited by itsnotoutthere
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Notice how a child confused about their gender identity has their confusion increased and solidified.

Yet doing work with them to correct their gender identity is banned. What`s that about?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Cookie Monster said:

Notice how a child confused about their gender identity has their confusion increased and solidified.

Yet doing work with them to correct their gender identity is banned. What`s that about?

Yes, "conversion therapy" is banned. What that really means is if you're autistic son comes home from school saying he's a girl, you will be charged if you try to explain that he is not.

Orwellian language again

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1