Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Christian parents win in court after school labeled 6-year-old son potentially 'transphobic'

el midgetron

5 hours ago, el midgetron said:

That’s great for you! However, there is nothing there that requires you to adopt or participate in someone’s subjective reality. I think most people would refer to someone how they preferred, that’s not a courtesy unique to the transgender issue.

Hi El

You haven’t made it clear to me in this post when you say

I think most people would refer to someone how they preferred, that’s not a courtesy unique to the transgender issue.

It could mean in the way you prefer to call someone by your definition of prefer to be called. Both of you have subjective perceptions of reality so calling someone what they prefer to be called does not change that it is subjective for both of you. It’s not like they are asking you to squeeze their butt while calling them honey, they are just asking to be treated as what they identify with.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Myles said:

No skin off my back, Unless talking horribly is forced to be a class in school.

Hi Myles

My comments have not been made with respect to education and have not intention of discussing your country’s educational system.:tu:

51 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

Your perception of objective reality may be different than mine simply because of environment  and I don’t deal with or rely on absolutes as everything changes anyway. I don’t make a big deal about life I got it for free and have used it well and looks like there is still some treads on that tire so will run it till it’s bald.

Good luck sir. 

10 minutes ago, el midgetron said:

Good luck sir. 

Hi El

Thanks but I don’t need luck I work for what I have and am content.

Most of these threads are just a rehash of very low percentages of your population of over 350 million(?). They do not represent much of an issue given the whole. What the biggest problem seems to be is people so rigid in thought that they cannot accept or evolve with the future never-mind the present. Lots of things have changed since I’ve been born and my rule of thumb is I don’t do the things I don’t agree with and do the things I do agree with. I don’t have to judge others if they do no harm even if it was something that do not agree with or would do. That is their life not mine, st some point I disagree with everyone I agree with and if I did not recognize and respect that I would have no one to talk to. Everyone has something to offer in life if you give them a chance.

I have all kinds of people in my life and for the most part It is because I see everyone as human first then let their biases or bigotry define them for me.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, el midgetron said:

Yeah, I think I remember the incident you are referring to. 

Im not entirely clear on the point you are trying to make. Is the disfigurement reconstruction a comparison to gender affirmation treatment?

I think there is more to consider about the debate than reactions to human instinct. Some instincts can save our lives like running from danger. Other instincts are socially restricted or forbidden, like the urge to reproduce. We have evolved and developed culture and a society governed by rules. 

You are attempting to claim that you are against unnecessary surgical to comply with more shallow aspects of society.

It's quite a common reason to seek surgery.  One such example is from cranial reconstruction. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Myles said:

No skin off my back, Unless talking horribly is forced to be a class in school.

Gender should be included in health class along with sex ed 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Golden Duck said:

You are attempting to claim that you are against unnecessary surgical to comply with more shallow aspects of society.

It's quite a common reason to seek surgery.  One such example is from cranial reconstruction. 

People who get reconstructive surgery are usually correcting a disfigurement. There is nothing wrong (no disfigurement) with the body of someone who believes they are transgender. I don’t really care what adults do to themselves. If an adult wants a sex change, good luck to them. But this is a toxic ideology for children. A child shouldn’t grow up believing they need surgery to be their true self. Children should be affirmed for who they are regardless of how they identify.

If sex and gender aren’t connected, why is the treatment for dysphoria to re-align someone’s sex to their gender?  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, el midgetron said:

But this is a toxic ideology for children. A child shouldn’t grow up believing they need surgery to be their true self. Children should be affirmed for who they are regardless of how they identify.

If sex and gender aren’t connected, why is the treatment for dysphoria to re-align someone’s sex to their gender?  

You guys keep pushing this false narrative that surgery is some kind of "requirement" for trans people. So I'll just quote my last response to this:

As for this part. Your literally just pushing a false narrative.

There is no "set path" for gender treatment. Gender dysphoria is a spectrum. Many kids just chang pronouns and clothes. Some do only hormones. A minority who feel it the most intense may do top surgery or even top and bottom. 

There is not some "set path to your true self" where if you change your pronouns to they/them that says you must ultimately do surgery. And no one is pushing that. It's an option because it's a spectrum. It's not a set path.

It's just fear mongering and propaganda by people who don't understand trans youth.

Also, why should we ban treatment that the majority of those who use it find beneficial?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, spartan max2 said:

Gender should be included in health class along with sex ed 

But not in 6th grade, like it is this year.   11 year olds are already on the cusp of so much change, they can wait another couple of years for that converstaion.  I have seen the effects of it with my grandson and his friends.   They were not ready for that conversation but it happened the first week of school because some administrator that doesn't even deal with kids decided it was part of the curriculum.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Desertrat56 said:

But not in 6th grade, like it is this year.   11 year olds are already on the cusp of so much change, they can wait another couple of years for that converstaion.  I have seen the effects of it with my grandson and his friends.   They were not ready for that conversation but it happened the first week of school because some administrator that doesn't even deal with kids decided it was part of the curriculum.

Why do you feel they were not ready?

Youth are exposed to these things even if the school dosen't talk about it. Kids are constantly connected to the greater world with the internet and by talking to other kids. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

Why do you feel they were not ready?

Youth are exposed to these things even if the school dosen't talk about it. Kids are constantly connected to the greater world with the internet and by talking to other kids. 

Their reaction to it was an indicator that they weren't ready.  I posted it on the first page of this thread.   They were confused and concerned that they needed to make a decision for the school that they didn't understand.

• Like 1

On 10/5/2022 at 10:10 AM, Desertrat56 said:

A good example of that, and I tell the story because the biggest takeaway from it should be, leave them alone until they are in high school.    In 6th grade (this year) the first thing the school did was get the kids together and talk to them about gender, these kids are 11!   So, my grandson and his friend for different reasons were very confused because at the end of it they were asked what pronoun they wanted to be used to identify themselves.   His friend is an english as a 3rd language student and decided that she would use 'they' because she liked boys and girls (she is too young to understand what that really means, she has friends that are girls and friends that are boys).   My grandson is autistic and has been at a Spanish speaking school for 4 years so he was very confused and my daughter had to explain to him that he could choose what ever pronoun he wanted but it was supposed to indicate if he felt like a boy or a girl.  That set him off, so he said then refer to me as 'El', and then she had to explain that is 'he/him' in English.   A lot of unnessesary stress the first week of school.   Idiotic in my opinion.  All these mandates to "support" trans gender people as well as the idiocy to support "gay" people and "non-white" people has gone way too far.   It is another virus of the mind, a way to program kids before they are able to understand what is going on.

Rant over.

P.S.  I am not against talking to kids about anything and everything, it is the approach that is wrong and some things should be left to the parents until high school.

(It was on page 2)

This seems more of just a language barrier than anything. 

I've met plenty of 11 year olds who don't struggle with the concept at all. And plenty of autistic kids.

Ultimately no one was harmed from this. Just temporary confusion from a language barrier. 

3 hours ago, spartan max2 said:

You guys keep pushing this false narrative that surgery is some kind of "requirement" for trans people. So I'll just quote my last response to this:

Who is claiming it’s a “requirement”? No one.

The reassignment  surgery business is booming, it raked in nearly 2 billion last year in the US and is on an upward trend, And that doesn’t include the use of puberty blockers and hormones. For several years in the 1940s & 1950’s they used to treat depression with lobotomies. Someday, treating dysmorphia by permanently altering a healthy body will be viewed the same way.  

Also, why should we ban treatment that the majority of those who use it find beneficial?

Because it’s crazy. Doing this stuff to kids is not something a society should accept. It’s damaging a lot of people but those voices are ignored or silenced, You don’t even seem to know what results from these “helpful” treatments.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, el midgetron said:

Who is claiming it’s a “requirement”? No one.

The reassignment  surgery business is booming, it raked in nearly 2 billion last year in the US and is on an upward trend, And that doesn’t include the use of puberty blockers and hormones. For several years in the 1940s & 1950’s they used to treat depression with lobotomies. Someday, treating dysmorphia by permanently altering a healthy body will be viewed the same way.  

Because it’s crazy. Doing this stuff to kids is not something a society should accept. It’s damaging a lot of people but those voices are ignored or silenced, You don’t even seem to know what results from these “helpful” treatments.

Literally all medical treatments makes people money. No one would do any medical treatments if they lost money lol.

Because it’s crazy. Doing this stuff to kids is not something a society should accept. It’s damaging a lot of people but those voices are ignored or silenced, 

Not really. Those seem to be the only voices you guys care about or talk about online. 

The vast majority of people who chose to get treatment are happy they did it. Dumb to stop treatment because some people don't. It's better to work on ways to find out who will regret it to screen them out.

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

The vast majority of people who chose to get treatment are happy they did it. Dumb to stop treatment because some people don't. It's better to work on ways to find out who will regret it to screen them out.

What were the attempted suicide number from Trans folk?

Or is 50 percent a vast majority these days?

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Knob Oddy said:

What were the attempted suicide number from Trans folk?

Or is 50 percent a vast majority these days?

What claim are you trying to make exactly.

• Like 1

In this prospective cohort of 104 TNB youths aged 13 to 20 years, receipt of gender-affirming care, including puberty blockers and gender-affirming hormones, was associated with 60% lower odds of moderate or severe depression and 73% lower odds of suicidality over a 12-month follow-up.

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jamanetworkopen/fullarticle/2789423

Experts estimate that about 1% of transgender individuals regret having gender-affirmation surgery. 

In 2021, the journal Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery – Global Open published a review of 27 studies concerning regret after gender-affirmation surgery. Overall, the studies included 7,928 transgender participants who had undergone any type of gender-affirmation surgery. About a third of the study subjects underwent transmasculine surgeries; the remaining two-thirds had transfeminine procedures. 

In the transmasculine group, less than 1% regretted their decision. In the transfeminine group, the rate was 1%. 

https://www.issm.info/sexual-health-qa/is-it-common-for-transgender-people-to-regret-gender-affirmation-surgery#:~:text=Experts estimate that about 1,regret after gender-affirmation surgery.

Results: Lower primary caregiver past acceptance predicted increased youth depressive/anxiety symptoms/internalizing problems. Higher secondary caregiver indifference predicted increased youth depressive symptoms. Lower sibling acceptance predicted increased youth suicidal ideation. Conclusions: Findings demonstrate that family acceptance-rejection plays an important role in the psychosocial adjustment of transgender youth. New to the existing literature are the findings that caregiver indifference and sibling acceptance are associated with mental health outcomes. (PsycInfo Database Record (c) 2020 APA, all rights reserved)

https://psycnet.apa.org/record/2019-52280-006

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

What claim are you trying to make exactly.

That there is no happy vast majority of trans people, according to the stats

48 minutes ago, Knob Oddy said:

That there is no happy vast majority of trans people, according to the stats

What a great way to deal with mental health issues - Surgery, and most alarmingly surgery for youngsters!

Society really needs to be looking out for its people better than that.

Totally what everyone does. Haven’t we all had this moment?  Completely normal. 

Moment transgender singer strips NAKED live on Channel 4 and plays the keyboard with her PENIS

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11343947/Moment-transgender-singer-strips-NAKED-live-Channel-4-plays-keyboard-PENIS.html

6 hours ago, el midgetron said:

Moment transgender singer strips NAKED live on Channel 4 and plays the keyboard with her PENIS

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11343947/Moment-transgender-singer-strips-NAKED-live-Channel-4-plays-keyboard-PENIS.html

Once the complaints go into the police for public indecency it won`t happen again.

22 hours ago, el midgetron said:

https://www.standup.com.au/comedian/puppetry-penis