Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Real reason Musk tweets about Ukraine peace

Knob Oddy

Hi all.

I haven't really been following Musk and his deals too much. But I have seen some very interesting theories regarding the below tweet:

The theory goes (and is backed up by news stories) that Musk will be forced to buy Twitter after his offer was accepted. There have been leaks of Musks personal text messages to this effect.

Musk is insisting that there are far more "bots" on the platform then Twitter admits. If the case makes it to court and Twitter is found to be lying about user vs bot numbers, either the price of Twitter will come down or the contract could be thrown out.

So Musk, who has previously been very, very pro Ukraine (free starlink) posts a tweet with a poll about ending the Ukraine War with Ukraine making concessions. He is being accused of being a Putin propagandist. Because as we all know, Putin has enough money to bribe the richest man in the world....

Speculation is that he is tracking bot numbers and this tweet is just bait for bots. 

Also surprising is that 40 percent agree with his suggestions.

I tend to agree with this theory. If you want to count US government bots, what better way then creating a poll critical of prolonging a war? 

Edited by Knob Oddy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, Saru said:

Also, looks like he's actually going ahead with the Twitter buyout after all:

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/a-timeline-of-billionaire-elon-musks-bid-to-control-twitter/ar-AA12AXiu

Yes, I suggested as much in my post.

Do you have a theory on why Musk has done a 180 on his position on the Ukraine conflict?

Seems an unlikely thing to do.

Edit: Also, a poll about a proxy war is exactly the place you'd expect bots to be

Edited by Knob Oddy

36 minutes ago, Knob Oddy said:

Do you have a theory on why Musk has done a 180 on his position on the Ukraine conflict?

I don't know enough about his views on Ukraine to speculate on that.

All I'm saying is that he doesn't need to start a poll to gauge the number of bot accounts on Twitter.

• Like 5

I saw an article today touting the return of Trump in a matter of days.  Somehow, I doubt Musk will take that step, at least not immediately.  Musk has a gift for making money and I think his instincts will eventually make the purchase of Twitter a win.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I found his post kind of weird since he has previously seemed pretty supportive of Ukraine.

I just assumed the new tweet is because he is a super rich eccentric guy with Twitter 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, spartan max2 said:

I found his post kind of weird since he has previously seemed pretty supportive of Ukraine.

I just assumed the new tweet is because he is a super rich eccentric guy with Twitter 

It could also be an indication of the changing climate around this war since we've begun hearing so many click bait stories about potential nuclear conflict.  That MATTERS.  I get that most people on here and likely in the general public, don't give Putin's threats much credence but the more we hear, the more people will begin to demand a cessation of hostilities, even if that means Ukraine having to compromise.  At this point, if he can keep Crimea and a guarantee of the fresh water supply, he might be willing to back down.  

The energy link with the EU is ended for the foreseeable future and the global opinion of Russia isn't likely to improve until he is long gone.  I realize that the Slava Ukraine crowd will be enraged by that take but the reality is that threatening the world with the use of nukes in THIS conflict is going to cause some Realpolitik solutions before it's over.  As it is, we're seeing a major realignment of the geopolitical order and that won't return to the status quo ante bellum.  

5 minutes ago, and-then said:

It could also be an indication of the changing climate around this war since we've begun hearing so many click bait stories about potential nuclear conflict.  That MATTERS.  I get that most people on here and likely in the general public, don't give Putin's threats much credence but the more we hear, the more people will begin to demand a cessation of hostilities, even if that means Ukraine having to compromise.  At this point, if he can keep Crimea and a guarantee of the fresh water supply, he might be willing to back down.  

The energy link with the EU is ended for the foreseeable future and the global opinion of Russia isn't likely to improve until he is long gone.  I realize that the Slava Ukraine crowd will be enraged by that take but the reality is that threatening the world with the use of nukes in THIS conflict is going to cause some Realpolitik solutions before it's over.  As it is, we're seeing a major realignment of the geopolitical order and that won't return to the status quo ante bellum.  

Giving up Crimea probably wouldn't be a hard sell for most.

But Elon's proposal also wanted to assure "Ukraines neutrality." In practical effects a neutral Ukriane just means surrendering and become a vassal state to Putin.

I honestly don't expect nukes to fly. But Im sure some do. 

• Like 1

6vs7w7.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, and-then said:

But that's what right wing populist hope to achieve. It's nuclear scaremongering to get the U.S. to stop supplying Ukraine and make Ukraine give into Russia. I think populist will be disappointed.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, spartan max2 said:

I honestly don't expect nukes to fly. But Im sure some do. 

I think it's highly unlikely as well.  The problem is that this is the first time a major nuclear power has used their weapons as even an implied threat.  He hasn't been subtle, after all.  The most recent report is that there's a train that is used to securely transport nuclear weapons that is being sent to Ukraine.  Reportedly, NATO members have been warned by its leadership that Russia is prepping for a "nuclear test" on Ukrainian soil.  IF that turns out to be accurate, the repercussions could be dire.  I just don't see Putin walking away without something that resembles "a win".

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Katniss said:

But that's what right wing populist hope to achieve

Do you have examples to support this assertion?  I've heard this before but I also heard a LOT of stuff between 2016 and 2020 that turned out to be documented as lies.  I'm "right wing" I guess, and I have no love for Putin or Russia.  You seem to have a black and white stance on this situation.  As in, one either goes all in, no looking too deeply at the Ukrainian government's actions, OR that is proof that they're Russian supporters.  That kind of thinking is childish at best.

Ukraine has an irredeemably corrupt government.  That does not mean their civilians deserve to be raped, tortured, and murdered but it DOES leave room for some serious questions about exactly where this now nearly 70 BILLION dollars have gone.  Were you aware, for example, that part of our funding for them is going to pay their PENSIONS?  Also, there is no inspector general, no attempt at all of transparency or an audit process to see where even the weapons have gone, let alone the billions in cash.  When one adds to that the threats being made about the use of nukes, I think it'd be FOOLISH not to take a pause and make sure of where we stand before stumbling into what could be a civilization-ending mistake.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, and-then said:

Do you have examples to support this assertion?

It's my own observation from what people say like Tucker Carlson, Candence Owens, Marjorie Green and in the thread link below have suggested many times. They want the war to stop and give into Russia.

I've heard this before but I also heard a LOT of stuff between 2016 and 2020 that turned out to be documented as lies. 

You have heard it before? Where? When?

I'm "right wing" I guess, and I have no love for Putin or Russia. 

I said populist, not right wing only, but right wing populist. As in those on the far extreme right.

You seem to have a black and white stance on this situation.  As in, one either goes all in, no looking too deeply at the Ukrainian government's actions, OR that is proof that they're Russian supporters.  That kind of thinking is childish at best.

Ukraine has an irredeemably corrupt government.  That does not mean their civilians deserve to be raped, tortured, and murdered but it DOES leave room for some serious questions about exactly where this now nearly 70 BILLION dollars have gone.  Were you aware, for example, that part of our funding for them is going to pay their PENSIONS?  Also, there is no inspector general, no attempt at all of transparency or an audit process to see where even the weapons have gone, let alone the billions in cash.  When one adds to that the threats being made about the use of nukes, I think it'd be FOOLISH not to take a pause and make sure of where we stand before stumbling into what could be a civilization-ending mistake.

The whole paragraph and specifically the part I bold is an odd and 'slip of the lip' thing for you to now interject. I don't remember you saying these things before in the other thread I linked. You now sound like other right wing populist trolls in that thread. Before you were quite neutral and mostly leaning to stopping Russia from your post history in that thread. The only concern you had was tactical nuclear warheads used, but you were just as concerned that Russia needed to be stopped. What changed? Or were you always like this and kept your real thoughts hidden in that thread?.

Edited by Katniss
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, and-then said:

Ukraine has an irredeemably corrupt government.  

You're repeating russian propaganda verbatim, again. 

Zelensky was elected precisely because he promised the fight against corruption. (And he keeps that promise.) Otherwise popular Poroshenko lost because it became obvious he's not innocent regarding corruption, to put it mildly. 

Zelensky's cabinet consists of people whose mission is fight against corruption - until putin made the war the priority, of course. Which does not mean the fight against corruption is on pause during war. Quite contrary, people are exposing corruption now with additional motivation because god damn it, the country is on fire and the damn traitor would steal now???

Also, that peachy putin who apparently has the support of Trump's voters, supposed to negotiate legalization of his land grab or something irrational like that, is the paramount of corruption. The most corrupt regime in history is definitely putler's - they just lost 1,5 million winter uniforms, for example. Vanished. Gone. Poof. An exempt from mobilization costs 2 million rubles, which is around 40,000 US dollars. Everyone knows, everyone is envious, no one does anything against it. It's how putin's russia functions. It's one of the reasons why it's losing the war. 

It's also the reason why some influential and rich people who otherwise have no patriotic or generally human feelings are so interested in working for putin. They hope to profit through putin's kleptocracy.

Not that I can stop them from drooling over money drenched in Ukrainian blood. I can only despise them. (I don't have to curse them, they are already cursed.)

Edited by Helen of Annoy
spelling
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

On 10/5/2022 at 7:29 AM, Saru said:

Musk doesn't need to start a poll to track bot numbers (and with 400 million users on Twitter it would barely scratch the surface anyway).

80 percent of the 400million users claimed are bots, according to internet security expert.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Bots on Twitter???? No way!!!!!!!

Twitter is a s*** platform anyway. Like TikTok, I generally ignore the nonsense and stupidity that is rolled out form that wasteland of the vapid and ridiculous.

• Like 2

On 10/5/2022 at 5:00 AM, Knob Oddy said:

Because as we all know, Putin has enough money to bribe the richest man in the world....

Actually, Putin is a major thief, who runs an enormous Kleptocracy.  Putin is actually enormously rich, he's worth many billions, just not traceably so.  This is why his country is a basket case and his army is running short of everything.  It has all been stolen by Putin and his cronies, who are now scratching their heads and wondering why the world's Second biggest army can't win a war.

Edited by Alchopwn
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Alchopwn said:

Actually, Putin is a major thief, who runs an enormous Kleptocracy.  Putin is actually enormously rich, he's worth many billions, just not traceably so.  This is why his country is a basket case and his army is running short of everything.  It has all been stolen by Putin and his cronies, who are now scratching their heads and wondering why the world's Second biggest army can't win a war.

True, but I don't think Elon needs Putins money. So claiming Elon is a Putin puppet or paid shill is very outlandish

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Knob Oddy said:

True, but I don't think Elon needs Putins money. So claiming Elon is a Putin puppet or paid shill is very outlandish

Yeah. Elon is just getting antsy about nuclear war.  The thing is, he hasn't seen he writing on the wall.  How much Russian equipment looks well maintained?  Given that Russia's nukes are often a older than I am, and need complete overhauls every 12 years, who seriously thinks that the Russians have kept up the maintenance schedule all that time?  I doubt there is a working nuke in the entire arsenal.

• Like 2

Tesla's were much cooler before we got to know Elon Musk.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 10/5/2022 at 9:33 AM, Helen of Annoy said:

You're repeating russian propaganda verbatim, again. 

Zelensky was elected precisely because he promised the fight against corruption. (And he keeps that promise.) Otherwise popular Poroshenko lost because it became obvious he's not innocent regarding corruption, to put it mildly. 

Zelensky's cabinet consists of people whose mission is fight against corruption - until putin made the war the priority, of course. Which does not mean the fight against corruption is on pause during war. Quite contrary, people are exposing corruption now with additional motivation because god damn it, the country is on fire and the damn traitor would steal now???

I think it is unnecessary to rely on any propaganda here when the facts are so plain.

Zelensky and his government staying in Ukraine  to help fight the war is not the action of a corrupt individual or his followers.

A nation that unites in the face of huge odds to repel an invasion and possibly take back ground will not fight so hard for a corrupt government.

• Like 6

On 10/11/2022 at 3:16 AM, Alchopwn said:

Elon really needs a lesson in the futility of Appeasement strategies.

So what’s the end game then???