Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Loretta Lynn dies at age 90

el midgetron

Loretta Lynn, the Kentucky coal miner's daughter whose frank songs about life and love as a woman in Appalachia pulled her out of poverty and made her a pillar of country music, has died. She was 90.

In a statement provided to The Associated Press, Lynn's family said she died Tuesday at her home in Hurricane Mills, Tennessee.

Lynn already had four children before launching her career in the early 1960s, and her songs reflected her pride in her rural Kentucky background.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-11279495/Loretta-Lynn-coal-miners-daughter-country-queen-dies.html

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 3

My parent's favorite female singer.  Thanks for the memories, Loretta... RIP.

• Like 4

RIP Loretta.   I know what I will be listening to tonight.

• Like 4

Can’t say I know anything from her, none the less RIP. 

• Like 2

I'm not a real big country music fan but Loretta Lynn is a true legend that opened the way for women in country music. My condolences to her family and friends. 

• Like 5

4 hours ago, preacherman76 said:

Can’t say I know anything from her, none the less RIP. 

If you listened to country music on the radio in the 60s and 70s, you heard her, for sure.  You just didn't hear her name I guess.  

• Like 2

4 hours ago, susieice said:

I'm not a real big country music fan

Growing up in the 60s in the south, I came to hate country music so much that my first choice in music to buy was Black Sabbath :w00t:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, and-then said:

If you listened to country music on the radio in the 60s and 70s, you heard her, for sure.  You just didn't hear her name I guess.  

I was born in 76. Never really listed to country till the 90’s when I moved upstate and there was no escaping it. Then it grew on me. Some of it anyway. 

11 hours ago, preacherman76 said:

I was born in 76. Never really listed to country till the 90’s when I moved upstate and there was no escaping it. Then it grew on me. Some of it anyway. 

12 hours ago, and-then said:

i like allot of old country music and had brothers in a country band in the 1970's, but I cannot listen to any post 1990 country music.  

Posted (edited)

Tear

What a wonderful life, so well lived, and to be loved by so many. 

Edited by Raptor Witness

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, and-then said:

Growing up in the 60s in the south, I came to hate country music so much that my first choice in music to buy was Black Sabbath :w00t:

You were one of those "Long Hairs" wasn't you?:lol:

Edited by Buzz_Light_Year

my brother and Loretta back in the 80's.

image.png.4eb1418376f1df67647ef6332fe86a7b.png

• Like 1

Sissy Speck did a superb job playing Loretta Lynn in Coal Minors Daughter alongside Tommy Lee Jones, if you have not seen it I highly recommend it.