Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Fewer people are skeptical of alien visitation now than in the 1990s

UM-Bot

I am still quite skeptical about alien visitations. So if you’ve prone to being abducted, and if it’s at all possible to grab something off their ‘surgical’ tray, please do so. Once they are done with “examining” you, your prison wallet should be sufficiently ‘stretched’ as it were, to smuggle something back. Get that item to a scientist for analysis and bida bang bada boom, you’re now a Nobel peace prize laureate.

Now to paraphrase Neil Degrass Tyson. Look at the chimp who shares much of the same DNA sequences as a homosapian and compare our relative intellect. Sure chimps can make simple tools and have been shown to eventually recognize their reflections but the overall impression is that they are not as intelligent as us so we can’t hold an intelligent conversation with them concerning science, religion, the concept of good art and bad art etc. Now imagine how an alien rave would view the human race if that alien species created long distance travel through space. They would view humans the same as how we view chimps or something similat.

Edited by newbloodmoon
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Aliens?  Certainly.  Visiting us here?  Almost certainly not.

• Like 8

I’ll never jump on that bandwagon. The recent flap is human tech. 
The real story is why it is withheld from the population. It would revolutionize our way of life and benefit us all. It’s all about control and always will be

• Like 5

I was one of those more skeptical in the 1990's. The universe is even more interconnected than we thought.

Edited by papageorge1
  • Like 1

There's no proof that beings from space have ever visited our planet. The problem stems from shows like
  • Like 3

14 hours ago, newbloodmoon said:

I am still quite skeptical about alien visitations. So if you’ve prone to being abducted, and if it’s at all possible to grab something off their ‘surgical’ tray, please do so. Once they are done with “examining” you, your prison wallet should be sufficiently ‘stretched’ as it were, to smuggle something back. Get that item to a scientist for analysis and bida bang bada boom, you’re now a Nobel peace prize laureate.

Now to paraphrase Neil Degrass Tyson. Look at the chimp who shares much of the same DNA sequences as a homosapian and compare our relative intellect. Sure chimps can make simple tools and have been shown to eventually recognize their reflections but the overall impression is that they are not as intelligent as us so we can’t hold an intelligent conversation with them concerning science, religion, the concept of good art and bad art etc. Now imagine how an alien rave would view the human race if that alien species created long distance travel through space. They would view humans the same as how we view chimps or something similat.

Yet we still study chimps. Perhaps they've come to watch us exterminate our own species. 

Edited by Hankenhunter
Content
  • Like 2

People might be less skeptical now with time running out for us here, like a savior from the heavens. Sad really.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, openozy said:

People might be less skeptical now with time running out for us here, like a savior from the heavens. Sad really.

Idk, my step daughter in her 20s has a great career all that baloney and cheese and was here visting a while back and tina cracked on me for hanging out on here and Sarah chimes in about thinking bigfoot had been caught a while back,  its not shes stupid or credulous she just doesnt care about it enough to be in the know.

I think a lot more yonger folks are like that they just assume but its surface not deep thought about it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, the13bats said:

Idk, my step daughter in her 20s has a great career all that baloney and cheese and was here visting a while back and tina cracked on me for hanging out on here and Sarah chimes in about thinking bigfoot had been caught a while back,  its not shes stupid or credulous she just doesnt care about it enough to be in the know.

I think a lot more yonger folks are like that they just assume but its surface not deep thought about it.

If it's not on facebook it doesn't exist to a lot of young folk, lol. They probably are better off not thinking about the horrors that await the future here.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, openozy said:

Sarah chimes in about thinking bigfoot had been caught a while back,

Lol, don't worry, my cousin's wife thought Alf was a real alien, she is totally dumb but good looking, blonde and well endowed, lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, newbloodmoon said:

I am still quite skeptical about alien visitations.

Everyone's a skeptic until it happens to them.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Some people adamantly believe that humans are the ONLY intelligent life in the Universe.

Or, the only life at all !!!

A form of extreme narcissism I suppose. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Alchopwn said:

Everyone's a skeptic until it happens to them.

That’s true. If I “ever” have a an encounter with an intelligent being from another planet I would hope that I would at least have the sense to eliminate all other possibilities. Such as hallucinations, night terrors, or a brain tumor etc. I am not in the camp of “There is no other intelligent life in the cosmos”, but I would have to have more concrete evidence than what has been offered to date.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, newbloodmoon said:

That’s true. If I “ever” have a an encounter with an intelligent being from another planet I would hope that I would at least have the sense to eliminate all other possibilities. Such as hallucinations, night terrors, or a brain tumor etc. I am not in the camp of “There is no other intelligent life in the cosmos”, but I would have to have more concrete evidence than what has been offered to date.

That goes with a lot of claims under the paranormal umbrella even as a skeptic i dont say "no" and get all closed minded yet im called just that by people who refuse to consider proven possible explanations like hoaxes, delusion,  hallucination,  mental illness etc over things like gjosts, entities, aliens, bigfoot etc that have never once been proven and do not have any supportive evidence since stories are not evidence.

In the 90s the media reported a few major extraterrestrial fakes that had been shown to be frauds. We found out that the laughable "Alien Autopsy" was just a foam model shot on videotape in someone's kitchen and we saw that Ed Walters was getting rich by making simple UFO models and taking double exposures of them. These cases were both on national television at the time and they brought a rare degree of skepticism to UFOlogy.

More recent frauds like the California Drones just didn't get that amount of exposure so I guess the media has figured out that skepticism doesn't sell. That's too bad because someone put a hell of a lot of work into making those CGI drones and creating a backstory for them that was well thought out.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, the13bats said:

That goes with a lot of claims under the paranormal umbrella even as a skeptic i dont say "no" and get all closed minded yet im called just that by people who refuse to consider proven possible explanations like hoaxes, delusion,  hallucination,  mental illness etc over things like gjosts, entities, aliens, bigfoot etc that have never once been proven and do not have any supportive evidence since stories are not evidence.

I agree, but I try to eliminate any possible natural causes first. Can my judgement be off kilter due to the excitement, trauma, or confusion caused by an encounter? Sure, and I had to come the long way around to not automatically dismiss someone’s claim as being false through deceit or misunderstanding. Unless I was there I can only assume they had an experience of some kind, whether I agree about what caused that is something different. Some people tell these stories because they honestly believe it happened to them, yet others try to sell bull dookie to various degrees of believability.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, astrobeing said:

In the 90s the media reported a few major extraterrestrial fakes that had been shown to be frauds. We found out that the laughable "Alien Autopsy" was just a foam model shot on videotape in someone's kitchen and we saw that Ed Walters was getting rich by making simple UFO models and taking double exposures of them. These cases were both on national television at the time and they brought a rare degree of skepticism to UFOlogy.

More recent frauds like the California Drones just didn't get that amount of exposure so I guess the media has figured out that skepticism doesn't sell. That's too bad because someone put a hell of a lot of work into making those CGI drones and creating a backstory for them that was well thought out.

Alien autopsy and alien interviews took on a whole 2nd level of fraud when santilli tried to say he did see the actual autopsy but his was a reconstruction, of course Fox didnt mention that in the broadcast.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alien_autopsy

Way back i read various sites versions of the tale and some santilli still insists there was an alien autopsy.

Afaik the alien interview "Victor" has never been "debunked" as in presenting the puppet used. Its akin to the snowwalker bigfoot hoax that never actually showed the fur suit.

By no means im i suggesting these cases are not hoaxes i just require the same level of proof be it to show hoax or fact.

Ed Walters was a win, we have at least one of his paper plate props he used and of course i saw an article where they were claiming the prop was the fake, a plant to discredit Walters.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, newbloodmoon said:

I agree, but I try to eliminate any possible natural causes first. Can my judgement be off kilter due to the excitement, trauma, or confusion caused by an encounter? Sure, and I had to come the long way around to not automatically dismiss someone’s claim as being false through deceit or misunderstanding. Unless I was there I can only assume they had an experience of some kind, whether I agree about what caused that is something different. Some people tell these stories because they honestly believe it happened to them, yet others try to sell bull dookie to various degrees of believability.

I do not knee jerk to dismiss but at this point i have come to the jaded place that stories do little for me, there are countless stories and claims there should be a lot of supportive evidence we get excuses, "the lenses cap was on, i ran out of film or you should have been here yesterday."

Or even better when an empty handed story teller blames me for their lack of evidence, "you are too closed minded to see what i see".

I do think there are a few sincere cases that are not hoaxes or mental issues but jumping from, " i dont know", to "it must be paranormal" is too closed minded for me, what might be unknown unexplainable to me might be very well known to you or vice versa.

Im not saying paranormal isnt an explanation im just saying show me the evidence the proof to support it and that proof is never there.

• Like 2

@the13bats no arguments here. 

• Like 1

On 10/6/2022 at 6:52 PM, pallidin said:

Some people adamantly believe that humans are the ONLY intelligent life in the Universe.

Not me.  I've met too many humans to believe that for even a moment.B)

• Haha 2

On 10/7/2022 at 12:57 AM, the13bats said:

Alien autopsy and alien interviews took on a whole 2nd level of fraud when santilli tried to say he did see the actual autopsy but his was a reconstruction, of course Fox didnt mention that in the broadcast.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alien_autopsy

The Wiki doesn't begin to describe the months long saga of this mess. This was the first new alien incident that was debated on the Internet (Usenet specifically) in real time and every damn week there was another new element to the story that supporters felt "proved" it was real while debunkers claimed it was worthless. Santilli showed the Kodak date codes from 1947 to "prove" it was shot in 1947 but the frame wasn't from the autopsy (it was blank). Then he gave someone a bit of film for analysis that was indeed from 1947 but the film was nothing from the autopsy (it showed a staircase). Then someone discovered a second autopsy scene in a tent that was obviously fake and had "1947" on the screen which Santilli said he added. Then he claimed he had actual footage of President Truman with the alien which of course never materialized (I'm sure he tried hard to fake it). Then Santilli announced the anonymous guy who filmed it had just conveniently died (darn it!)! And there were the Internet "experts" who knew everything from autopsy procedures to cellulose film stocks to military protocols and confirmed that everything Santilli said was 100% correct and we should believe everything he says.

The whole thing had been shot on video. For months people had been debating over some film that never existed and it had become a special on a television network! It proved that there was no limit to how far a sloppy amateur hoax can go. But of course we're still debating the Patterson footage so I guess this wasn't really news.

• Like 2

On 10/8/2022 at 12:29 PM, astrobeing said:

The Wiki doesn't begin to describe the months long saga of this mess. This was the first new alien incident that was debated on the Internet (Usenet specifically) in real time and every damn week there was another new element to the story that supporters felt "proved" it was real while debunkers claimed it was worthless. Santilli showed the Kodak date codes from 1947 to "prove" it was shot in 1947 but the frame wasn't from the autopsy (it was blank). Then he gave someone a bit of film for analysis that was indeed from 1947 but the film was nothing from the autopsy (it showed a staircase). Then someone discovered a second autopsy scene in a tent that was obviously fake and had "1947" on the screen which Santilli said he added. Then he claimed he had actual footage of President Truman with the alien which of course never materialized (I'm sure he tried hard to fake it). Then Santilli announced the anonymous guy who filmed it had just conveniently died (darn it!)! And there were the Internet "experts" who knew everything from autopsy procedures to cellulose film stocks to military protocols and confirmed that everything Santilli said was 100% correct and we should believe everything he says.

The whole thing had been shot on video. For months people had been debating over some film that never existed and it had become a special on a television network! It proved that there was no limit to how far a sloppy amateur hoax can go. But of course we're still debating the Patterson footage so I guess this wasn't really news.

Wiki was a quick link for those new to this one,

Years back i saw a video of the make up artist for alien autopsy, he showed how where they did it, i didnt think much at the time as i knew it was a hoax then moths later i go back to find it and cant all i could find is the "new" make up artist showing how they made the alien prop for the reconstruction film, my OCD is still cranky.

Thats a big flaw with me that damned OCD i always want peoof, be it the Victor alien autopsy puppet, the snowwalker fur suit etc ad nausea.

The Minnesota ice man great example of a hoax inside a fraud wrapped in too much embellishments and BS. I wasted countless hours and all i have is my opinions.