Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Paranormal TV Shows

Saru

I don't think we've ever tried to list all the unexplained-related TV programmes that have been around over the years, so here's a good oppertunity to do just that.

Basically the way this will work is, for each post in this thread, name a paranormal TV show or series, and write a little bit about it. Lets see how many of them we can cover here.

I'll start us off with the obvious favourite :

Most Haunted

Aired on UK's Living TV and now in it's second series, Most Haunted features an investigative crew who visit and spend the night in various haunted locations around the country, in an effort to catch evidence of ghosts on camera. Joined by medium Derek Acorah, and presented by Yvette Fielding, 'Most Haunted' has succeeded in capturing some amazing footage of mysterious goings on, and have revealed what may be behind the paranormal events that have occured in many of the haunted locations they've visited.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Loonboy

• Halo_Jones

• Kira

• Kismit

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ok...I'll take the hand Saruman! smile.gif

In France, we don't have this kind of TV shows, there were several attempts ten years ago but it was a slump, especially when one of them tried to show the Roswell extra terrestrial autopsy video...which triggered a lot of criticisms. We haven't seen the presentator anymore, I think he finished on a local radio station... sad.gif

It's a pitty, because there were some Paranormal enquiries, ghost stories that were shivering!

Sightings!!!!!!

that was my favorite show for like a year. i would get up at 9 every day just to watch that show. it had all the stuff we have talked about and more. well, maybe not all the stuff, but most. haha. i wish it was still on. i think it may be on at around 6 in the morning, but probably re-runs. oh well. now i have all you guys to keep my attention. biggrin.gifwub.gif

CASTOR

Ohhh I used to love "Arthur C Clarkes Mysterious World"

I think this show was popular in the Eighties, Arthur C Clarke presented it and the one I remember most, was about these crystal skulls which were supposed to curse whoever touched them.

Very Intresting program with fueled my intrest in the Paronormal.

I used to watch that Halo . It was a must see for me smile.gif

Of course you can't have a thread like this withou mentioning "Ripley's Believe it or Not " the original series though before it became the pollitically correct mess we see it as today .

It was very much like Arthur C. Clakes mysterious world but with chilling ghost stories.

In Search Of

Hosted by Leonard Nimoy, this series ran from 1976 to 1982.

Covered many topics such as Aliens, Bigfoot, Ghosts and Jack the Ripper.

If anyone's interested, here's a link to a fansite. Be warned however that they have the theme from the series automatically played when you enter the site.

In Search Of fansite

Strange But True

Shown on ITV throughout the 1990s and currently being shown again on one cable channel or another, this show was hosted by Michael Aspell and ran for 30 mins per episode, one story usually occupying the first half of the show and another featured in the second. Occasionally one show would have just one extended story.

Subjects covered: Ufos, Ghosts, Poltergeists, Angels, Twins, Reincarnation, Time Slips, Myths & Monsters, Dowsing, and generally every other kind of paranormal subject you have heard of.

Jenny Randles was the main researcher in the background of the show.

It was a blend of the serious and the riddiculous - good subjects and good testimony but sometimes mixed with really bad reconstructions with bad actors and bad acting. Lol.

I miss it. sad.gif

Scream Team

A less successful clone of 'Most Haunted', featuring a team of 6 who toured the country visiting a variety of haunted locations over the period of a month. Each show was on for about an hour, and they were often joined by a medium to help them get to the bottom of the hauntings they investigated. There were some interesting moments, but on the whole they found very little in comparison to the crew of Most Haunted.

As far as I know the program was scrapped after the first series.

Oh bounce.gif Oh bounce.gif Just remembered my fav Paronormal Show, its the Far Out, Slightly Mad & Groovy....

Fortean TV with Father Lionel Fanthorpe

This show was just brilliant, on during the Nighties it was a fantastic mix of the Weird and Wacky side to the paronormal. Father Lional Fanthorpe would host the show each week in his own uniquie way. Filmed with strange camera angles with cheap but fun special effects all helped to give this program cult status and the huge fan base it has still today. cool.gif

I especially liked the theme music (Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy)

Unsloved mysteries, hosted by Robert Stack(think that's his name).It's the only one thats on t.v at the moment and it's on cable.I don't know if there old or if the program's are new, but it does have alot of the unexplained stories as well as missing persons, unsolved murders etc.Not a bad show, especially when it's the only one we get.

Halo, please tell us what you mean by:

his own uniquie way

'uniquie'? Lol. Sounds kinda kinky, can I join in?

tongue.gif

lol Loonboy!... biggrin.gif

Today you're the second person who has used the word "kinky" as neenron did in her recent joke post...

And I haven't known that word until today! biggrin.gif

Thanks you all for improving my English! laugh.gif

tongue.giftongue.giftongue.gif @ LB You Nitpicking Boohbah! (< check out CITV @ 3.15) Thats you that is biggrin.gif

Ah, Fortean TV - dam that was a good progamme biggrin.gif

Got to love Lionel Fanthorpe's singalongs at the end of every show

laugh.gif

laugh.gifrolleyes.gif @ Halo.... u go girl blink.gif

Ah yes Fortean Tv, if I couldn't watch it used to tape it and watch a couple at a time Brilliant programme. tongue.gif

Edited by Celticwitch

People always ask me if Ripleys believe it or not started from where i live. I live in Ripley West Virginia. Just thought i would through that out there. haha rolleyes.gifbiggrin.gif im mental.

CASTOR

Shouldn't a Nitpicking Boohbah be posted on the cryptozoology section?

Anyone have a photo of this elusive uniquie beast?

tongue.gif

user posted image

That what you were on about Halo? laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

He! He! laugh.gif Yup! thats a Boohbah alright tongue.gif

OOhhhhh!! LB is soooo gonna get me back for that. wacko.gif

I actually have a photo of the elusive uniquie Nitpicking Boohbah running wild in the forrest naked....

...now where was that photo...?

cool.gif

And you're sooooo right, Halo..... altogether... say eeek....!