Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The human family in crisis

Eldorado

Across the political spectrum, there is a pervasive and growing feeling that the human enterprise is in a death spiral. 

It is 113 degrees in Phoenix, Arizona — no surprise there — but also in Medford, Oregon.

Microplastics have been found in remote Arctic plateaus, the depths of ocean trenches, and in the placenta of the newborn. Even the raindrops and snowflakes are full of poison.

An aging tyrant has made a desperate play to expand his borders, plunging the global economy into chaos as he hints at nuclear holocaust.

Meanwhile, a handful of oligarchs dream of fleeing this planet for the stars, as if Earth was some disposable stepping stone for their adventures.

https://futurism.com/the-human-family-in-crisis 

• Like 1

The Bible calls this "labor pains".  The reason is simple.  They are going to increase in both severity and frequency.  The "human family" has a wild ride ahead...

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, and-then said:

The Bible calls this "labor pains".  The reason is simple.  They are going to increase in both severity and frequency.  The "human family" has a wild ride ahead...

And what period of time in the 'human family' would you say wasn't a wild ride?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Eldorado said:

Across the political spectrum, there is a pervasive and growing feeling that the human enterprise is in a death spiral. 

It is 113 degrees in Phoenix, Arizona — no surprise there — but also in Medford, Oregon.

Microplastics have been found in remote Arctic plateaus, the depths of ocean trenches, and in the placenta of the newborn. Even the raindrops and snowflakes are full of poison.

An aging tyrant has made a desperate play to expand his borders, plunging the global economy into chaos as he hints at nuclear holocaust.

Meanwhile, a handful of oligarchs dream of fleeing this planet for the stars, as if Earth was some disposable stepping stone for their adventures.

https://futurism.com/the-human-family-in-crisis 

Doom and Gloom...from a bunch of doom and gloomers...nothing more, nothing less.  

Where are all those dinosaurs from before the Asteroid?  Oh yeah...they all died.  Such is life...

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, joc said:

Where are all those dinosaurs from before the Asteroid?  Oh yeah...they all died.  Such is life...

Aren't the birds survivibg dinosaurs? :unsure2:

• Like 3

3 hours ago, joc said:

Doom and Gloom...from a bunch of doom and gloomers...nothing more, nothing less.  

I think they're trying to prepare us for the inevitable and telling climate change deniers to get their heads out of the sand. They should have done this years ago but you can't let the annihilation of humanity interfere with greed and egos can we. Such is life when the earth is in this state is a pretty gloomy and give-in attitude.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, openozy said:

I think they're trying to prepare us for the inevitable and telling climate change deniers to get their heads out of the sand. They should have done this years ago but you can't let the annihilation of humanity interfere with greed and egos can we. Such is life when the earth is in this state is a pretty gloomy and give-in attitude.

They have been telling us that the climate was going to do us all in since the 70s...

Meanwhile I myself have been telling all of you that Russia was intent on taking over the world and rebuilding the 'union'...for the last 5 years...when everyone was saying, better keep our eyes on China I was saying...better keep our eyes on Russia to the chagrin of most!  

The inevitable is that the Communist will rule the world long before the climate kills any of us...but...I digress...

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, jethrofloyd said:

Aren't the birds survivibg dinosaurs? :unsure2:

Every bit as much as we ourselves are the surviving dinosaurs.

15 minutes ago, joc said:

They have been telling us that the climate was going to do us all in since the 70s...

Meanwhile I myself have been telling all of you that Russia was intent on taking over the world and rebuilding the 'union'...for the last 5 years...when everyone was saying, better keep our eyes on China I was saying...better keep our eyes on Russia to the chagrin of most!  

The inevitable is that the Communist will rule the world long before the climate kills any of us...but...I digress...

Well on the bright side they won't be ruling for long, lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, joc said:

And what period of time in the 'human family' would you say wasn't a wild ride?

Agreed has always been and always will be for as long there is power, rulers,  presidents,  government and lobysts. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, joc said:

Every bit as much as we ourselves are the surviving dinosaurs.

Modern birds are decendant from theropods. Humans are decendant of samll nocturnal mammals. Completely differnt clade

7 hours ago, Occupational Hubris said:

Modern birds are decendant from theropods. Humans are decendant of samll nocturnal mammals. Completely differnt clade

And it is pretty much a given, that had the dinosaurs not been destroyed by an Asteroid that small nocturnal mammals would have never evolved...nor...most probably would birds have evolved.

My point is, that all life has one thing in common...we live, we die.  Hand ringing about the state of the human race is a pointless exercise because it only increases the fear in one's mind.  The truth is, Humanity has never been anything other than what we are right now...Selfish and Self Serving.

8 hours ago, openozy said:

Well on the bright side they won't be ruling for long, lol.

That's a tongue in cheek joke...but the reality is my friend...they have been ruling since the beginning.  The history of the human race is Conquering and Ruling the Conquered.  

Imagine for a moment...Russia actually used a nuke...is the guaranteed response nuclear destruction world wide?  What if  no one responded?  Just one move in a never ending chess game.

• Sad 1