Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Camper films 'black panther feeding on a dead sheep' in England

UM-Bot

• The title was changed to Camper films 'black panther feeding on a dead sheep' in England

The article reads that it is difficult to tell what it is because the clip is so short.

What it likely isn't is a panther or any sort of large out of place predator and the folks that shot the video knew that. That is why the clip is so short. As soon as it became obvious what it was it was no longer interesting.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I don't believe it's a aheep. The tail seems too long for a sheep. I guess it's a black cow and a calf. Or the Loch Ness monster came ashore. ;)

• Like 2

I've been around panthers. This is much too large. Or maybe I'm wrong.

IMHO anyway.

Maybe someone more knowledgeable than I can chime in here.

Edited by pallidin
  • Like 1

Looks like a black bovine to me. Loved this comment at the Youtube site.

If i'd grown up in a city, and was retarded, I might think this was a panther eating a sheep ... but I didn't, so it doesn't.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, stereologist said:

Looks like a black bovine to me. Loved this comment at the Youtube site.

That's exactly what I thought...it's a cow.   It's not unusual to see sheep and cows in the same pasture.  

Also...there are no Black Panthers....that is a myth.

• Like 4

To my eyes, it looks like a calf. It seems to be slightly larger than the sheep around it. The tail gave it away. Many people  buy weaned calfs to grow for meat.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If it was a big cat, or any sort of predator, those sheep in the picture wouldn’t be lying calmly as they are. Suspect it is a cow.

ETA. I think I can see horns on the head of the black animal, confirming the cow theory.

Edited by Susanc241
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Wouldn’t the sheep in the background be useful to estimate the size of the “black panther?”  Obviously the black thing is not a full grown cow.

20 minutes ago, Guyver said:

Wouldn’t the sheep in the background be useful to estimate the size of the “black panther?”  Obviously the black thing is not a full grown cow.

B) 1409678775_pantherorcow(2).png.a7de0a4b744583a43ddaf04682fbf953.pngOkay...NOW...tell me this isn't a full grown cow...  :whistle:

4 minutes ago, joc said:

B) 1409678775_pantherorcow(2).png.a7de0a4b744583a43ddaf04682fbf953.pngOkay...NOW...tell me this isn't a full grown cow...  :whistle:

Well, you have a point, maybe it’s a less than full grown cow?

• Like 1

On 10/6/2022 at 7:08 AM, Myles said:

I was hoping for definitive proof.

Your hopes were not in vain...although...in reality...all hope is in vain.

You would either be shown definite proof or you would not...nonetheless... you have now been shown definitive proof, utilizing the photo editor that Windows 11 updated on my computer.

Thank you...no applause needed....

no really

seriously

no appla......okay applaud me what the hell...

Edited by joc
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Guyver said:

Well, you have a point, maybe it’s a less than full grown cow?

It's really impossible to tell how big the sheep are...if those actually are sheep...or how large the cow is...it definitely has horns though as @Susanc241 pointed out.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Guyver said:

This is for sure a Black Cow, made famous (for me anyway) by a song from Steely Dan of the same name.

https://www.thekitchenmagpie.com/boozy-bourbon-black-cow/

I cannot really comprehend why anyone would ruin good Bourbon that way but...hey...what do I know...I'm that guy that put's A1 sauce on a really nice steak! 

• Like 2

Nothing here, folks. Move along, move along...