Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Marijuana reform

the13bats

2 hours ago, OverSword said:

I think a lot of republicans are calling for weed to be legal too now.  Realistically probably more people are for that than abortion.

Agreed.  But if Biden does it, how many Republicans can say it is a good idea?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Tatetopa said:

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

Can Biden do it? Can an executive order be given to legalize something specifically against the law? I think a new law would have to be passed overturning the old one.

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 2

For the record in 2021 marijuana legalization bill was introduced in the House and passed almost entirely on party lines. With only 3 Republicans supporting.

https://www.congress.gov/bill/117th-congress/house-bill/3617

I'm not sure why the Senate has not had a vote on it yet. It's apparently been with the senates committee of finance since April 2022.

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Can Biden do it? Can an executive order be given to legalize something specifically against the law? I think a new law would have to be passed overturning the old one.

He has signed orders on a lot of things I was thinking needed to go through the House and Senate so probably he can do this, too. If his handler puts it on his desk, he'll sign it. Seems it is only an issue if the Supreme Court does something with laws that gets anyone excited these days.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, OverSword said:

Maybe not, but just the pardons will enflame law ands order types.  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Not A Rockstar said:

He has signed orders on a lot of things I was thinking needed to go through the House and Senate so probably he can do this, too. If his handler puts it on his desk, he'll sign it. Seems it is only an issue if the Supreme Court does something with laws that gets anyone excited these days.

Can the President unilaterally legalize marijuana under federal law? In early November, Congressional researchers concluded that, while President Biden cannot directly remove marijuana from control under federal controlled substances laws, he could order executive agencies to consider either moving marijuana to a different schedule so that it could be legally possessed and sold or changing their enforcement approach. However, the report also concluded that the President has no power to change state law or compel the states to adopt federal policies.

https://www.jdsupra.com/legalnews/can-president-biden-legalize-marijuana-1220802/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

..if I heard it right…Biden’s order just makes it possible to pardon about 6500 people who are in jail for a Federal charge of simple possession..  and, it does nothing for those in jail for charges brought by states.. It also does not alter the federal classification of pot as a schedule 1controlled substance..(same as heroin, cocaine and LSD) and as such ,is classified as being more dangerous than METHAMPHETAMINE & FENTANYL!!!    it won’t be long now before it’s legal or at least decriminalized nationally ?  :)   ..but ya, the timing of this is obviously politically motivated.?    

Edited by lightly
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, lightly said:

..if I heard it right…Biden’s order just makes it possible to pardon about 6500 people who are in jail for a Federal charge of simple possession..  and, it does nothing for those in jail for charges brought by states.. It also does not alter the federal classification of pot as a schedule 1controlled substance..(same as heroin, cocaine and LSD) and as such ,is classified as being more dangerous than METHAMPHETAMINE & FENTANYL!!!    it won’t be long now before it’s legal or at least decriminalized nationally ?  :)   ..but ya, the timing of this is obviously politically motivated.?    

Anything a politician does or says is politically motivated.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, acidhead said:

How many individuals did Harris send to jail for smoking weed, y'all? 

Plenty.  It was her job.

• Like 1

Yup time to let the junkies, out and legalize the damn thing. How can you rule fools better? Giv em booze and drugs to stop them thinkin

I'm having a difficult time finding pure Indica seeds (NO HYBRID) for my anxiety.

Sativa makes my anxiety worse for whatever reason.

One site I was on is selling supposed pure Indica seeds at, get this, $80 for 3 seeds.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Myles said:

bidens latest vote grab.   

He’s running us into the ground for not actually green, green energy, so he has to try something.  I was watching a speech last night in which he was warning of all the different ways costs would rise should the republicans take the house. :rolleyes: Alrighty then. He obviously knows what he’s talking about :lol:

Edited by OverSword
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, pallidin said:

I'm having a difficult time finding pure Indica seeds (NO HYBRID) for my anxiety.

Sativa makes my anxiety worse for whatever reason.

One site I was on is selling supposed pure Indica seeds at, get this, $80 for 3 seeds.

I've emailed Floyd at Hoku Seeds for you. He's a great guy with awesome genetic lineages, I'll let you know when he responds 

However, I'll tell you right now that unless you can track down actual landrace strains, it's almost never 100% this or that. For heavy indica, you're going to see a lot of kush, OGs, cookies type strains.

But, if you haven't already, look into what terpenes and cannaninoids are best for your situation; it's no longer about just thc or indica vs sativa. High thc triggers severe anxiety and paranoia for me after having used 20 years, I can only use type 2 flower which has a more balanced ratio of thc:cbd.

Have you tried CBD at all? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, HandsomeGorilla said:

I've emailed Floyd at Hoku Seeds for you. He's a great guy with awesome genetic lineages, I'll let you know when he responds 

However, I'll tell you right now that unless you can track down actual landrace strains, it's almost never 100% this or that. For heavy indica, you're going to see a lot of kush, OGs, cookies type strains.

But, if you haven't already, look into what terpenes and cannaninoids are best for your situation; it's no longer about just thc or indica vs sativa. High thc triggers severe anxiety and paranoia for me after having used 20 years, I can only use type 2 flower which has a more balanced ratio of thc:cbd.

Have you tried CBD at all? 

Thank you. And yes, I have already tried some CBD oils already to no effect.

A program I saw on TV said that the quality and concentration widely varies with CBD oils depending on what company makes them.

There was one supposed respected company... don't recall their name... so I may try to research it.

Edited by pallidin

3 minutes ago, pallidin said:

Thank you. And yes, I have already tried some CBD oils already to no effect.

A program I saw on TV said that the quality and concentration widely varies with CBD oils depending on what company makes them.

There was one supposed respected company... don't recall their name... so I may try to research it.

Since it's still unregulated, there's a LOT of phony and underdosed stuff out there; for instance, never buy from a traditional pharmacy, gas station or smoke shop. 3chi, treehouse, Lazarus tend to be good brands that you can sometimes find in these shops, but honestly, online is the best way to do it. Do your research and order straight from the source. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HandsomeGorilla said:

Since it's still unregulated, there's a LOT of phony and underdosed stuff out there; for instance, never buy from a traditional pharmacy, gas station or smoke shop. 3chi, treehouse, Lazarus tend to be good brands that you can sometimes find in these shops, but honestly, online is the best way to do it. Do your research and order straight from the source. 

In our city we have a lot of dispensaries that mix their own blends of cbd oil.   It seems that would be better than online.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

In our city we have a lot of dispensaries that mix their own blends of cbd oil.   It seems that would be better than online.

The only reason I suggested online is because I see an awful lot of people buy something local, usually at a gas station or local smoke shop, pay a stupid amount of money for it, then ask how safe it is. You know, general ignorance. Some of these shops are fine and actually have knowledgeable staff, but most aren't and even if they are, there are often much better vendors online 

The field was pretty sketch before, but with so much competition now, vendors are really stepping up their game and offering high quality stuff 

Edited by HandsomeGorilla
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, HandsomeGorilla said:

The only reason I suggested online is because I see an awful lot of people buy something local, usually at a gas station or local smoke shop, pay a stupid amount of money for it, then ask how safe it is. You know, general ignorance. Some of these shops are fine and actually have knowledgeable staff, but most aren't and even if they are, there are often much better vendors online 

The field was pretty sketch before, but with so much competition now, vendors are really stepping up their game and offering high quality stuff 

Yeah, I don't remember seeing anything like that at a gas station/quicky mart.   It is regulated in our state so that only dispensaries can sell it.

9 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

Yeah, I don't remember seeing anything like that at a gas station/quicky mart.   It is regulated in our state so that only dispensaries can sell it.

And I think that's a good thing. I'm a fan of limited governmental influence, in that regard. I'm a bit involved in the industry and better regulation means better safety, quality and product for everyone. It can't just be the wild west free-for-all, as much fun as that may sound... 

• Like 3

On 10/6/2022 at 7:27 PM, Not A Rockstar said:

You have to know the law better than most attorneys do

lol

Imagine if cops in the US actaul knew the laws well

On 10/6/2022 at 5:45 PM, HandsomeGorilla said:

The irony is that Biden is partially responsible for many of these draconian laws in the first place, but if he finally wants to right those wrongs, I'll support him on that. The war on drugs was never meant to be won. 

Go after hard drugs all you want, but cannabis? Psychedelics? Psilocybin containing mushrooms? Why? And the federal government has never helped despite all these politicians promising this and that; new legislation was always enacted via grassroots efforts and people saying enough is enough. 

You'd be hard pressed to find anyone actually against cannabis anymore. Just legalize it and, I hate to say it, tax it in brick and mortar stores, but also let people grow their own. 

The ghost of Harry Anslinger lingers on.

12 hours ago, HandsomeGorilla said:

Its not just "weed"  quicky marts around here they got everything here from a diddled-eyed joe to damned if I know. things that sure can make people sick but i guess they dont get too sick i guess not many die because it seems to be blowing up.

Edited by the13bats