Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Babies know in the WOMB if they're transgender

Zebra3

Could all this gender dysplasia be caused by all the accumulations of hormones in our water systems? There seems to be a big difference between rural, and urban numbers.

Just spit balling here.

• Like 3

Every individual should be able to choose how they identify themselves to others.

All embryos should be free to select their gender from the 24 (currently available) options.

:yes:

• Haha 6

2 minutes ago, acute said:

Every individual should be able to choose how they identify themselves to others.

All embryos should be free to select their gender from the 24 (currently available) options.

:yes:

You owe me a keyboard.:lol:

• Haha 7

Even when I was a tiny spermatozoid passing through my father's urethra I already knew that I was going to be born as a humongous star that would soon produce the most enormous supernova explosion, extinguishing billions of other stars.

I am ready and have been ready my whole life. Ready to go supernova. Counting down: one hundred millennia and three seconds, two, one, one hundred millennia, one hundred millennia minus one second, two, three ...

What am I doing in this miniscule human body?

Never mind.

One hundred millennia minus five seconds, six, seven ...

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

They aren't giving 3 year olds hormones. 

No one said that kids were trans from the womb either! It's hyperbole. The intention of the article was not to literally claim kids were trans from the womb, but that many trans kids are trans from as young as they can remember (the exact words from the article was "it seems" they know from the womb, which is another way of saying "they've always known" or "been trans for as long as they can remember"). That's why I used "3 year olds" in my comment rather than saying "giving kids in the womb hormone treatments", as the "average" human being has memories going back as early as 2 1/2 years old - Source

The point is that puberty blockers are given before the onset of puberty (before age 12, in most cases) to stop puberty from happening. Do you really think it helps your argument to pull me up on the exact age when pre-teens are receiving drugs to stop them from going through puberty??? Don't get me wrong, 9 year olds are probably marginally better off than 3 year olds in making lifelong decisions, but I daresay they are a lot worse off than 18 year olds applying for student loans at understanding long term consequences!

The argument about student loans is that their brains aren't fully developed enough to understand the consequences of taking out loans. But generally, the same people who are saying that students aren't developed enough to understand loans are also the ones saying puberty blockers for 10 year olds is the right thing to do! I'm just painting a sign to highlight that interesting little fact! 

~ Regards, PA

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Paranoid Android said:

No one said that kids were trans from the womb either! It's hyperbole. The intention of the article was not to literally claim kids were trans from the womb, but that many trans kids are trans from as young as they can remember (the exact words from the article was "it seems" they know from the womb, which is another way of saying "they've always known" or "been trans for as long as they can remember"). That's why I used "3 year olds" in my comment rather than saying "giving kids in the womb hormone treatments", as the "average" human being has memories going back as early as 2 1/2 years old - Source

The point is that puberty blockers are given before the onset of puberty (before age 12, in most cases) to stop puberty from happening. Do you really think it helps your argument to pull me up on the exact age when pre-teens are receiving drugs to stop them from going through puberty??? Don't get me wrong, 9 year olds are probably marginally better off than 3 year olds in making lifelong decisions, but I daresay they are a lot worse off than 18 year olds applying for student loans at understanding long term consequences!

The argument about student loans is that their brains aren't fully developed enough to understand the consequences of taking out loans. But generally, the same people who are saying that students aren't developed enough to understand loans are also the ones saying puberty blockers for 10 year olds is the right thing to do! I'm just painting a sign to highlight that interesting little fact! 

~ Regards, PA

This is what you said 

Oh, and 3 year olds know they are born in the wrong body and should be taking life-changing hormones to help them be their true and authentic selves! 

I took it literal. Apparently it was not literal. No need to get in a hub bub about it.

With how some UM members react to anything trans related it honestly wouldn't have surprised me if someone believed doctors were giving hormone therapy to 3 year olds. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

This is what you said 

I took it literal. Apparently it was not literal. No need to get in a hub bub about it.

With how some UM members react to anything trans related it honestly wouldn't have surprised me if someone believed doctors were giving hormone therapy to 3 year olds. 

I think this is probably a general rule that might apply to most posters in the politics section to one degree or another, but hyperbole is definitely something I can be guilty of. Things like "the mainstream news networks are ignoring it completely" is one of my most common, when what I really mean is "in comparison to equivalent stories on the other side of the political spectrum, this story is not getting much coverage at all". It's why talking politics on the internet is so fraught with arguments, even more so than religion (I used to be very active on the Spirituality boards before I had a change in my world view; disagreements and arguments are much easier to happen during highly emotional topics in politics, more than spirituality/religion in my experience).

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Setton said:

Thought not.

It's typical daily mail desperately looking for an 'anti-woke' headline.

The quote they're referring to is clearly figurative. She's saying most transgender people have always known they are trans (even if they didn't know that's what they knew). 

Yup, and the most aggressive conservatives took the bait. I guess they want to believe that being educated and liberal can also mean having a screw loose. Makes them look much better themselves.

42 minutes ago, Hankenhunter said:

Could all this gender dysplasia be caused by all the accumulations of hormones in our water systems? There seems to be a big difference between rural, and urban numbers.

Just spit balling here.

And America, where your food standards allow for stupid levels of hormones in food has it far worse than Australia …

• Like 2

Social contagion and trans propaganda
When Dr. Lisa Littman learned that 80 per cent of youth showing up at “gender clinics” were females, she decided to investigate. She quickly named the phenomenon “ROGD” for rapid onset gender dysphoria, because, unlike typical gender dysphoria that begins in childhood, these girls had no discomfort with their sex until approximately age 12, and then suddenly decided they were actually boys.

Wouldn’t it seem that this study Dr. Littman undertook (with all academic rigour) would be applauded? Just the opposite. The gender activists pounced and tried to prevent her work from going forward, claiming these young girls were simply becoming the boys they always were; even though nothing like ROGD has ever happened anywhere, in any culture, in any era, ever. (I always like to remind folks — especially young people who have grown up in this brave new world — that “trans” wasn’t even “a thing” 20 years ago, and now…“everyone is trans.”)

Genuine gender dysphoria is an extremely rare condition, affecting only .2 per cent of the population, and, if found in children, was found almost exclusively in boys beginning around five years of age. It’s amazing what grooming can do. The grooming is everywhere. I inform young people that the laws, dictionaries, entertainment, schools, education, some religions, courts, media, news, hospitals, medical profession, psychological profession just changed everything right before they were born.

Dr. Littman discovered that one major contributing factor was social contagion. If a young lady in question had a social group ….

https://www.catholicregister.org/opinion/columnists/item/34582-social-contagion-and-trans-propaganda

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, WVK said:

When Dr. Lisa Littman learned that 80 per cent of youth showing up at “gender clinics” were females, she decided to investigate. She quickly named the phenomenon “ROGD” for rapid onset gender dysphoria, because, unlike typical gender dysphoria that begins in childhood, these girls had no discomfort with their sex until approximately age 12, and then suddenly decided they were actually boys.

Wouldn’t it seem that this study Dr. Littman undertook (with all academic rigour) would be applauded? Just the opposite. The gender activists pounced and tried to prevent her work from going forward, claiming these young girls were simply becoming the boys they always were; even though nothing like ROGD has ever happened anywhere, in any culture, in any era, ever. (I always like to remind folks — especially young people who have grown up in this brave new world — that “trans” wasn’t even “a thing” 20 years ago, and now…“everyone is trans.”)

Genuine gender dysphoria is an extremely rare condition, affecting only .2 per cent of the population, and, if found in children, was found almost exclusively in boys beginning around five years of age. It’s amazing what grooming can do. The grooming is everywhere. I inform young people that the laws, dictionaries, entertainment, schools, education, some religions, courts, media, news, hospitals, medical profession, psychological profession just changed everything right before they were born.

Dr. Littman discovered that one major contributing factor was social contagion. If a young lady in question had a social group ….

https://www.catholicregister.org/opinion/columnists/item/34582-social-contagion-and-trans-propaganda

For anyone who wants more info on this.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rapid-onset_gender_dysphoria_controversy

TLDR: a study design where you online survey parents only from anti-trans sites whom 3/4 of those parents were not accepting their kids gender at the time of the study. Probably isn't the best design. 

Which is why future studies did not get similar findings. And why no major medical body recognizes RODG. 

But anyone who wants to get their information from Catholic sites, be my guest.

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

And America, where your food standards allow for stupid levels of hormones in food has it far worse than Australia …

Fancy banning Vegemite.

1 hour ago, Golden Duck said:

Fancy banning Vegemite.

Vegemite is just beer in solid form.

They are actually right!

Technically speaking...from conception.  Consistent with what I have been saying for a long time.  It is all in the dna.  Of course the babies don't 'know' anything...they don't even know they are in the womb...but the dna is the dna and it is going to unravel however it unravels.

That being said...the whole transgender issue is a big mess.  

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, OverSword said:

Can you summarize and explain why it's not complete crap?

Well, for one, the woman quoted said from the womb, not in the womb.  There is nothing in the article that says a fetus knows its gender.  You can read it, and post a rebuttal.  But it was pretty clear, even in the article that it was talking about a young age.  Also, the original post makes it seem like this is the stance of a Harvard hospital, while taking the quote of one person.  That's like me saying all republicans believe in hollow earth and lizard people...

4 hours ago, Ell said:

Even when I was a tiny spermatozoid passing through my father's urethra I already knew that I was going to be born as a humongous star that would soon produce the most enormous supernova explosion, extinguishing billions of other stars.

I am ready and have been ready my whole life. Ready to go supernova. Counting down: one hundred millennia and three seconds, two, one, one hundred millennia, one hundred millennia minus one second, two, three ...

What am I doing in this miniscule human body?

Never mind.

One hundred millennia minus five seconds, six, seven ...

You're probably fun at parties...

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Paranoid Android said:

The argument about student loans is that their brains aren't fully developed enough to understand the consequences of taking out loans. But generally, the same people who are saying that students aren't developed enough to understand loans are also the ones saying puberty blockers for 10 year olds is the right thing to do! I'm just painting a sign to highlight that

I have never seen that argument about student loans.  Care to link something?

9 hours ago, Zebra3 said:

'No basis in science or data... just ideology': Fury as Harvard children's hospital claims babies know in the WOMB if they're transgender

'social contagion' that is increasingly creeping into medicine. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-11280475/Harvard-hospital-claims-babies-know-WOMB-transgender.html

LOL. Sweet Jesus. These people are disgusting human beings.

Pure quackery, why hasn`t the hospital had its license revoked?

14 hours ago, spartan max2 said:

For anyone who wants more info on this.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rapid-onset_gender_dysphoria_controversy

TLDR: a study design where you online survey parents only from anti-trans sites whom 3/4 of those parents were not accepting their kids gender at the time of the study. Probably isn't the best design. 

Which is why future studies did not get similar findings. And why no major medical body recognizes RODG. 

But anyone who wants to get their information from Catholic sites, be my guest.

To me  that’s convoluted Woke science or,  if you prefer, Fauci Science

The phenomenon is the result of  predator advocates promoting trans cultural  to young impressionable minds via internet/social media  Tthe internet enabled this phenomenon , social media exploited it

12 minutes ago, WVK said:

To me  that’s convoluted Woke science or,  if you prefer, Fauci Science

The phenomenon is the result of  predator advocates promoting trans cultural  to young impressionable minds via internet/social media  Tthe internet enabled this phenomenon , social media exploited it

It's almost like you did not read any of my comment or the wiki lol. 

So I'll ask.

1) do you believe doing a study that is only a) online survey,  b) where you only talk to the parents (not the youth), and c) are only talking to parents who are not accepting of their child being transgender, is an accurate way to gauge if youth with gender dysphoria show signs or have feelings before they turn 12?

And 2) why do you believe future studies have not found similar results ?

And  3) why is ROGD not accepted by any major medical bodies?

Edited by spartan max2

16 hours ago, Paranoid Android said:

The loans seem like a strawman? 

But to get puberty blockers you would need the consent from both parents with custody, the child, and the medical doctors.

It's interesting to me that the people who claim parents should be in charge or "raising their children" or whatever, when they are angry at the schools for saying the word trans, are also the same people who seem to want to ban parents from making decision about their own child.

Surely the child, parents, and doctor would know more about the kid than strangers on the internet 

1 hour ago, spartan max2 said:

So I'll ask.

1) do you believe doing a study that is only a) online survey,  b) where you only talk to the parents (not the youth), and c) are only talking to parents who are not accepting of their child being transgender, is an accurate way to gauge if youth with gender dysphoria show signs or have feelings before they turn 12?

I posted what I believe. I don’t believe agenda science 

1 hour ago, spartan max2 said:

So I'll ask.

I posted this earlier, did you view it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1NTepel_nI

This is a bit like people that say that their dog is vegan...... we all know who is really driving this. 

Edited by itsnotoutthere
  • Thanks 1