Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Met Police will start using data to predict which men will commit violence against women.


itsnotoutthere
 Share

Recommended Posts

In a move reminiscent of the Tom Cruise sci-fi film Minority Report, London's police officers will be able to track the tens of thousands of men in the capital who commit "abhorrent" crimes against women and girls.

Speaking to the Exceptional Policing conference on Wednesday, Met commissioner Sir Mark Rowley said: "The Met is working to build a city-wide data picture of men who we know prey on and commit abhorrent crimes against women and girls across London which is more sophisticated than ever before.

"Sadly, we know it is many tens of thousands of men.

https://www.lbc.co.uk/news/police-to-predict-which-men-will-sexually-assault-women-and-girls/

:rolleyes: :whistle:

Edited by itsnotoutthere
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 
1 hour ago, itsnotoutthere said:

In a move reminiscent of the Tom Cruise sci-fi film Minority Report, London's police officers will be able to track the tens of thousands of men in the capital who commit "abhorrent" crimes against women and girls.

Speaking to the Exceptional Policing conference on Wednesday, Met commissioner Sir Mark Rowley said: "The Met is working to build a city-wide data picture of men who we know prey on and commit abhorrent crimes against women and girls across London which is more sophisticated than ever before.

"Sadly, we know it is many tens of thousands of men.

https://www.lbc.co.uk/news/police-to-predict-which-men-will-sexually-assault-women-and-girls/

:rolleyes: :whistle:

Whistling in the dark again!!

My son is a data analyst. It is quite amazing what can be learned from competent professional analysis. If it helps to protect vulnerable females from predatory males, I think it is good. As with a lot of things in life, a balance must be maintained between two sets of competing rights. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

Whistling in the dark again!!

My son is a data analyst. It is quite amazing what can be learned from competent professional analysis. If it helps to protect vulnerable females from predatory males, I think it is good. As with a lot of things in life, a balance must be maintained between two sets of competing rights. 

Oh, I totally agree with you. But will knowing who the perpetrators are actually mean the police will do anything. Industrial scale abuse of young girls (children) went on for 15 years in places like Rotherham & Rochdale and the police turned a blind eye. Will the Met. police be any different than the Midlands police force or will they too give precedence to 'cultural sensitivities'?

Edited by itsnotoutthere
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, itsnotoutthere said:

In a move reminiscent of the Tom Cruise sci-fi film Minority Report, London's police officers will be able to track the tens of thousands of men in the capital who commit "abhorrent" crimes against women and girls.

Speaking to the Exceptional Policing conference on Wednesday, Met commissioner Sir Mark Rowley said: "The Met is working to build a city-wide data picture of men who we know prey on and commit abhorrent crimes against women and girls across London which is more sophisticated than ever before.

"Sadly, we know it is many tens of thousands of men.

https://www.lbc.co.uk/news/police-to-predict-which-men-will-sexually-assault-women-and-girls/

:rolleyes: :whistle:

I can feel a groundswell of some serious civil liberties lawsuits just waiting to erupt over this one.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, itsnotoutthere said:

Oh, I totally agree with you. But will knowing who the perpetrators are actually mean the police will do anything. Industrial scale abuse of young girls (children) went on for 15 years in places like Rotherham & Rochdale and the police turned a blind eye. Will the Met. police be any different than the Midlands police force or will they too give precedence to 'cultural sensitivities'?

If this can do the job keeping girls, children and women safe, all power to it.

As for the cultural sensitivities, to hell with it. Instead falling for all kinds of cultural excuses the police should either be more educated about this crap or hire someone who knows a thing or two about it, or both.

The sooner we get those people off the streets the better.

I was just in Germany and Bosnia. A sad reason. My father passed away in Germany. I did have some time to chat with friends, bosnian muslims and croats who where there. They all say the same, to hell with the fake Putin controlled immigrants who are chasing our children. My cousin, a bus driver, had to interfere already a hundred times to kick out those idiots off the bus for assaulting older germans and girls. He even kicked out a young syrian woman who was trying to pull the muslim card. He showed her his neckles with a moon cresent he is wearing and shoved her out of the bus. She looked like a piece of **** when he closed the door and greated her with the middle finger.

That is not auslanderfeindlichkeit, hate towards immigrants, that is teaching them a lesson on how to behave in a normal society.

Again, sorry for the long post, but those idiots need to be deported. They are making the lifes of other hard working and law abyding immigrants and domestic people a hell.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I`m going to state the obvious.

In our culture all blame is apportioned to the man. Yet, in the real world, just as many women as men are disasters.

So, the analytical study should be expanded too `men likely to commit violent acts against women` with `women likely to provoke violent acts from men`. For instance, what happens if a guy marries a female psychopath? Then one day snaps.

Finally, I`m not saying the above applies in all or even a majority of cases. In fact, I cannot find any statistics on it at all to tell its occurrence.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/14/2022 at 4:51 AM, Cookie Monster said:

...

Finally, I`m not saying the above applies in all or even a majority of cases. In fact, I cannot find any statistics on it at all to tell its occurrence.

That's never stopped you innthe past.  Are you turning over a new leaf?

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Anyone else getting a whiff of woke BS pandering to the zeitgeist?

The Met has major issues across all ranks, meanwhile they throw money at trying to predict crime!! Bonkers.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.