Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Robbie Coltrane: Harry Potter actor dies aged 72

glorybebe

Actor Robbie Coltrane, who played Hagrid in the Harry Potter films, has died aged 72.

He also appeared in ITV detective drama Cracker and the James Bond films Goldeneye and The World Is Not Enough.

In a statement, his agent Belinda Wright confirmed the actor died in hospital near Falkirk in Scotland.

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-63261204

So sad, I loved him in so many movies.  RIP, Robbie

• Like 1
  • Sad 7

He once commented that he'd someday be gone but that Hagrid would remain for long after.  He was absolutely correct.  I can understand why he was the first actor to land a role in HP.  JK Rowling picked him, herself.  His skills and his voice will be missed.  RIP Robbie.

• Like 5

What's comin' will come, an' we'll meet it when it does.” - Hagrid, 'Goblet Of Fire'.

• Like 1

The first role I had ever seen him in was a movie called Krull, one of my favorite cheesy scifi/ fantasy movies from the 80’s. It also featured a small time actor that I’m sure not very many people have heard of. His name is Liam Neeson.

Edited by newbloodmoon

People may not know I just notice this he played in National Lampoons European Vacation 

• Haha 2