Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

America’s top aerospace sleuths join UFO hunt

Eldorado

America’s top aerospace engineers and scientists are joining forces to protect us from UFOs.

The country’s largest organization of government and private sector technical experts is launching a project to study “unidentified aerial phenomena,” after concluding that recent incursions by mysterious craft pose a safety hazard to military and commercial aircraft, according to people involved in the effort.

The American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics, which includes among its members the country’s largest defense and NASA contractors, has established three committees to study the technology, how incursions affect pilot and passenger safety, and to coordinate with government agencies and international researchers also focused on the topic.

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/10/19/new-territory-americas-top-aerospace-sleuths-join-ufo-hunt-00062588

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

13 hours ago, astrobeing said:

When they're finished with that, will they be investigating ghosts and Bigfoot?

Those remain classified, national security.

• Haha 2

Nothing wrong with this at all.

• Like 1

They should've just come here. Regardless of the mountain of compelling sightings by many credible sources... they can be explained away as headlights, clouds, weather balloons or the viewer must be on drugs / alcohol. Oh, or Venus or maybe Jupiter. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Absolute total BS! CEOs and Vice Presidents, yes they know how to work personnel, yes they can tweek and manipulate individuals - but they DO NOT KNOW HOW TO DO SCIENCE! They're idiots. Give us 10 MIT undergraduates and we might actually learns something. This will amount to NOTHING...

52 minutes ago, OpenMindedSceptic said:

They should've just come here. Regardless of the mountain of compelling sightings by many credible sources... they can be explained away as headlights, clouds, weather balloons or the viewer must be on drugs / alcohol. Oh, or Venus or maybe Jupiter.

Or they can be explained as spacecraft piloted by bug-eyed aliens from Alpha Centauri who abduct Earthlings and rape them, never leaving any evidence behind.

12 hours ago, astrobeing said:

Or they can be explained as spacecraft piloted by bug-eyed aliens from Alpha Centauri who abduct Earthlings and rape them, never leaving any evidence behind.

I think evidence has been left behind and that's why they're investigating.

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, TrikeTrash said:

Absolute total BS! CEOs and Vice Presidents, yes they know how to work personnel, yes they can tweek and manipulate individuals - but they DO NOT KNOW HOW TO DO SCIENCE! They're idiots. Give us 10 MIT undergraduates and we might actually learns something. This will amount to NOTHING...

They ARE scientists and engineers you dumbledorf. Learn to read!

It's in the FIRST LINE.

Jeeze...

Will be interesting to see what qualifies as a "safety hazard," if clearly defined.  Not familiar with any UFO near-misses as with the usually crowded air traffic (which isn't to say it's never happened).  It seems most likely a case of their mere presence at all, even at a safe distance, unnerving the pilots and passengers enough to be considered threatening.  Could cause a heart attack or stroke in those more susceptible...

Pallidin you completely missed my point. Yes, the individuals have degrees and are scientists but show me how much real science they've done vs 'ladder climbing'. Real scientists have a passion for their work and languish at the bottom while the turds float to the top!

Edited by TrikeTrash

3 hours ago, TrikeTrash said:

Pallidin you completely missed my point. Yes, the individuals have degrees and are scientists but show me how much real science they've done vs 'ladder climbing'. Real scientists have a passion for their work and languish at the bottom while the turds float to the top!

Good God, man! You can't have a Masters/PhD in the sciences without having performed MANY "real science" experiments, participate in research, etc... during one's education!!!!

So, they have seriously impressive credentials and experience.

Where have you been for the past 200-years?

Edited by pallidin
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, OpenMindedSceptic said:

I think evidence has been left behind and that's why they're investigating.

All the evidence so far has supported frauds and mundane explanations.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/25/2022 at 1:43 PM, OpenMindedSceptic said:

And many, many other reasonable and logical reasons.

Oh of course, an alien species that has mastered interstellar travel comes all the way here, just to play peek-a-boo. Sure.

Also, how can they immediately deduce these alleged items "pose a safety hazard" yet still have to "study the technology, how incursions affect pilot and passenger safety". That's a bit of confirmation bias established right there.

Edited by Trelane

Pallidin you're right, I'm wrong. Twenty plus years working with doctorates and ladder climbers, and I know nuttin. Thank-you for straightening me out!

3 hours ago, astrobeing said:

All the evidence so far has supported frauds and mundane explanations.

All the evidence?

Radioactive anamolies such as Rendlesham Forest.

Unusual silver deposits such as Falcon Lake.

Radar results such as Belgian / Bay if Biscay.

Video such as Tic tac.

There are thousands of credible eye witness accounts.

Now there's a substantial amount of money going into investigating the phenomenon.

Personally, I wouldn't be too rash to write everything off 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

All the evidence?

Radioactive anamolies such as Rendlesham Forest.

Unusual silver deposits such as Falcon Lake.

Radar results such as Belgian / Bay if Biscay.

Video such as Tic tac.

There are thousands of credible eye witness accounts.

All of these have mundane explanations.

Now there's a substantial amount of money going into investigating the phenomenon.

Yes, it was called Project Blue Book. It investigated hundreds of UFO sightings for seventeen years until the Air Force figured out it's a waste of time and money.

Personally, I wouldn't be too rash to write everything off 

If you've been reading about UFOs for decades like I have then you know exactly how these investigations go.

• Thanks 1