Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Why are there so many different religions

Keiw1

50 minutes ago, cormac mac airt said:

The JWs couldn’t find their way out of a wet paper bag with a flashlight, directions and a pocketknife. I’m not impressed. 

cormac

Obviously you dont know what Jesus teaches. I hope you havent fooled yourself into believing you are his follower.

42 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Kiew

It’s whatever you want it to mean at anytime in history, just giving a quote from it is meaningless unless you can relate it to current time with specific people, places and events that are researchable from valid sources that support the validity of revelations.

People have been crying to end of times for thousands of years and named many as the anti Christ and to date have been false claims. What makes your claim real?

Do you know what Rev 13 teaches? Then i will show you it is current.

1 hour ago, Keiw1 said:

There is only one true God=the Abrahamic God=a single being God named-YHWH(Jehovah)

No one know if there is or isn't a god. All we have are concepts, ideas. Personal and cultural constructs of deity. A spiritual meme, the egregore of faith. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

No one know if there is or isn't a god. All we have are concepts, ideas. Personal and cultural constructs of deity. A spiritual meme, the egregore of faith. 

You are wrong. God reveals himself to those that obey him. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Keiw1 said:

You are wrong. God reveals himself to those that obey him. 

That is just confirmation and cognitive  bias. All based on the specific subjective reality tunnel you've chosen to have. Basically your mindset dictates your interpretation of what you perceive. It's all filtered through your beliefs.

Edited by XenoFish
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Just now, XenoFish said:

That is just confirmation and cognitive  bias. All based on the specific subjective reality tunnel you've chosen to have. Basically your mindset dictate your interpretation of what you perceive. It's all filtered through your beliefs.

I know its fact. God spoke to some in the OT. Ever hear of David and Goliath? Goliath taunted Israel armies for days and not one would step up to battle him 1 on 1. He was over 9 feet tall. Little David finally confronted Goliath and said to him--You come with sword, spear and shield, i come with the name of YHWH(Jehovah) , then David killed Goliath. The Israelite men were marksman with those stone throwing things. God spoke to David. God spoke to his son Solomon as well, but he threw one thing away, God told the Israelites do not marry foreign wives, but even though Solomon had hundreds of wives and concubines married foreign wives. Satan took full advantage of that error and even though God had spoken with Solomon, he fell to false god worship to please those foreign wives in his end. Hard to imagine that could occur. So it is very easy for satan to fool the majority.

5 minutes ago, Keiw1 said:

I know its fact. God spoke to some in the OT. Ever hear of David and Goliath? Goliath taunted Israel armies for days and not one would step up to battle him 1 on 1. He was over 9 feet tall. Little David finally confronted Goliath and said to him--You come with sword, spear and shield, i come with the name of YHWH(Jehovah) , then David killed Goliath. The Israelite men were marksman with those stone throwing things. God spoke to David. God spoke to his son Solomon as well, but he threw one thing away, God told the Israelites do not marry foreign wives, but even though Solomon had hundreds of wives and concubines married foreign wives. Satan took full advantage of that error and even though God had spoken with Solomon, he fell to false god worship to please those foreign wives in his end. Hard to imagine that could occur. So it is very easy for satan to fool the majority.

Rather petty of God to pick a middle eastern tribe rather than others. Sorry but you are one of many victims of a memetic virus. 

Perhaps you are correct. Jehovah is just another demon wanting to be a god.  I mean, all that blood lust. 

Edited by XenoFish
  • Like 2

40 minutes ago, Keiw1 said:

Hi Kiew

I have read revelations a few times many years ago and no I have not committed it to memory. I did look it up before answering you in the post you quoted and my comment stands.

I asked you to provide a detailed response about how you interpret the world around you with respect to revelations. It should be backed up with credible supporting evidence if you want to be taken seriously in a discussion. There has always been beauty and horror in the history of humanity and my perception of the world is different than yours.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Keiw1 said:

Obviously you dont know what Jesus teaches. I hope you havent fooled yourself into believing you are his follower.

I’m a Deist. Next? 

cormac

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Keiw1 said:

No, he wasn’t. In the original texts he was 6’9. Next?

cormac

Edited by cormac mac airt
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, Keiw1 said:

Do you?

Because all the stuff in Matthew and Mark was ripped directly from a partially lost Alexandrian Greco-Buddhist wisdom book and there were 2 Jesus's that I know of who taught 2 different religiou ideas, neither of them in the current Bible.

7 hours ago, Keiw1 said:

Revelation teaches nothing. It was a dry satire mocking a opposing Christian sect and to apply it today shows a complete lack of knowledge of Christian history and Middle Eastern Greco-Roman  thought. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, Keiw1 said:

The teachings of Jesus prove the JW,s correct, in every translation on earth. Few know those teachings. Most will find out the hard way, by their choice unfortunately.

Is that why in 1925 the JW never planted their crops,, threw away their food and waited for the rapture?

There is a full witnessed account of this recorded by the Philadelphia Yearly Meeting (Quakers) at the Swarthmore History Library because we Quakers decided to feed you. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Keiw1 said:

Thats because satan exists. After the 1000 reign of Christ, satan gets loosed for a little while then destroyed in the lake of fire with all rebels. There wont be anymore satan influences on earth ever. Did you miss-- Rev 21:4=and death will be no more)--wars cause death.

You said peace was taken from the world beginning WW1.  Stop, your statements are contradictory.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Piney said:

Is that why in 1925 the JW never planted their crops,, threw away their food and waited for the rapture?

There is a full witnessed account of this recorded by the Philadelphia Yearly Meeting (Quakers) at the Swarthmore History Library because we Quakers decided to feed you. 

Bad Quakers, bad Quakers! :P:lol:

cormac

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Rlyeh said:

You said peace was taken from the world beginning WW1.  Stop, your statements are contradictory.

Or they never heard of the French and Indian Wars, the American Revolution, the War of 1812 and the American Civil War, the Spanish American War, etc. and that was just the States......:unsure2:

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Piney said:

Or they never heard of the French and Indian Wars, the American Revolution, the War of 1812 and the American Civil War, the Spanish American War, etc. and that was just the States......:unsure2:

According to the OP, they're all single wars and don't qualify as conflict.

OR because Satan did it.  But it was still world peace. :huh:

Edited by Rlyeh
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Rlyeh said:

According to the OP, they're all single wars and don't qualify as conflict.

OR because Satan did it.  But it was still world peace. :huh:

What about the Wars of Religion caused by the Reformation? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Just now, Piney said:

What about the Wars of Religion caused by the Reformation? 

Satan.  They're saying he tampered with religious doctrine.

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Piney said:

Do you?

Because all the stuff in Matthew and Mark was ripped directly from a partially lost Alexandrian Greco-Buddhist wisdom book and there were 2 Jesus's that I know of who taught 2 different religiou ideas, neither of them in the current Bible.

Revelation teaches nothing. It was a dry satire mocking a opposing Christian sect and to apply it today shows a complete lack of knowledge of Christian history and Middle Eastern Greco-Roman  thought. 

I wouldn’t exactly say that, it teaches that early Christians of the first and second centuries AD were expecting, even looking forward to, the destruction of Rome and the Roman Empire. It just never happened the way they expected nor in the immediate timeframe they were hoping for. Beyond that it loses any real relevance to modern times. 

cormac

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, cormac mac airt said:

I wouldn’t exactly say that, it teaches that early Christians of the first and second centuries AD were expecting, even looking forward to, the destruction of Rome and the Roman Empire. It just never happened the way they expected nor in the immediate timeframe they were hoping for. Beyond that it loses any real relevance to modern times. 

cormac

I'm not religious and I am still looking forward to that.

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, cormac mac airt said:

cormac

I think it was written after Rome accepted Christianity, it mentions the different cities where churches were planted and it's structure just screams dry Greek Satire.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Piney said:

I think it was written after Rome accepted Christianity, it mentions the different cities where churches were planted and it's structure just screams dry Greek Satire.

Revelation was written circa 95 AD and as to Rome: 

In 313 AD, the Emperor Constantine issued the Edict of Milan, which accepted Christianity: 10 years later, it had become the official religion of the Roman Empire. 

https://www.pbs.org/empires/romans/empire/christians.html#:~:text=In 313 AD%2C the Emperor,religion of the Roman Empire.

cormac

• Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, cormac mac airt said:

Interestingly enough by 476 AD the Western Roman Empire fell. 

cormac

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• The topic was locked