Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Why are there so many different religions

Keiw1

11 minutes ago, Keiw1 said:

3 ruling entities on earth-govts(6), false religions(6), the commercial system(6). When Babylon the great falls-its by the will of the govts, the merchants stand at a distance and mourn her fall, because their shelves remain full( no more religious holidays) The harlot of babylon, riding on the backs of the govts=untaxed religions. Committing fornication with the kings of the earth-(killing for them, voting for them)

02311A6A-F8F0-42B8-A7ED-10545CFE4FBD.jpeg.b5c3d0029585a894aa17a2a0b79131e9.jpeg

cormac

• Haha 4

12 minutes ago, Keiw1 said:

Mortals only knew good until eating of the tree of knowledge of good and bad. God forbade them to eat from.

I understand how your lot understands the word-for-word literal translation. However, it is an idiom. It means something specific in Hebrew, not what the corresponding English words might mean when strung together in an English phrase or clause.

Well, anyway, I have the answer to my question. No, you don't know that. Thank you for your reply.

Happy Thanksgiving. Oh. You don't do that. Happy day, then.

Edited by eight bits
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, cormac mac airt said:

02311A6A-F8F0-42B8-A7ED-10545CFE4FBD.jpeg.b5c3d0029585a894aa17a2a0b79131e9.jpeg

cormac

Seems like with inflation your 2 cents worth would be at least 2 1/2 cents worth by now instead of just a pile of crap.

1 minute ago, Keiw1 said:

Seems like with inflation your 2 cents worth would be at least 2 1/2 cents worth by now instead of just a pile of crap.

I posted what you spewed. Perfect match. 

cormac

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Keiw1 said:

Anyone who read the rebellion in Eden in Genesis knows its fact.

Hi Keiw

So you can’t find any supporting evidence other than your interpretation of what you heard/read and think you understood. Not one shred of objective evidence in any of your claims.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Keiw1 said:

There are scientific facts in the OT mortals couldnt prove or know to be fact until the 19th and 20th centuries. Isaiah foretold Cyrus 200 years before the event occurred. The prophecy in Daniel pointed to 1914 when the kingdom is established in heaven.Rev 6)

Hi Keiw

Please do present them along with the research done using scientific method from credible sources then.

Put your bible down and set your fingers and mind to gathering data that proves your contention.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Keiw

So you can’t find any supporting evidence other than your interpretation of what you heard/read and think you understood. Not one shred of objective evidence in any of your claims.

I think you got your answer to the question ”if everyone he knew took a leap off a cliff would he take a leap too?”. The answer being a resounding “YES”. 

cormac

Edited by cormac mac airt
  • Thanks 2

40 minutes ago, Keiw1 said:

Anyone who read the rebellion in Eden in Genesis knows its fact.

believe/ know as a fact are 2 different things.. i wish for the day when folk like your good self finally understand the difference= hope springs eternal ;)

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Keiw1 said:

Mortals only knew good until eating of the tree of knowledge of good and bad. God forbade them to eat from.

Hi Keiw 

Good cannot exist without evil, the are extremes of one aspect. Bible teaches all things in moderation so the mid-point difference between good and bad is being.

Edited by jmccr8
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Keiw1 said:

does a fox for example have knowledge of good and bad? Or a rat, dog= this list could go on

• Like 2

Hey Keiw1- what happened here..? These guys thought your infallible and precious bible would protect them from poisonous snakes....didn't quite work out that way, did it? 

Perhaps....the bible was...shudder...wrong?  

Rattlesnakes and Religion.webp

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Keiw

Actually its you with no evidence.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

does a fox for example have knowledge of good and bad? Or a rat, dog= this list could go on

Every living thing does now.

8 minutes ago, Keiw1 said:

Nope, still you with a 2000 year old book based on hear-say. So have you found Hogwarts as well yet? 

cormac

Edited by cormac mac airt
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Keiw1 said:

Every living thing does now.

hmmm interesting- what would (in your opinion) a fox class as bad do you think- mange, guns maybe?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Keiw1 said:

Let me get this straight. You have no desire to improve your knowledge with real research. You can not support an in depth discussion, just resorting to the bible. When you can't make a proper point you're more than willing to throw it on the other person. 

The thing is your religion of choice is just one of many. Like all of them it's a man-made fabrication. Which it might work for you, it doesn't for others. 

• Thanks 5

12 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

hmmm interesting- what would (in your opinion) a fox class as bad do you think- mange, guns maybe?

All wild animals live in fear, they get pain, they get hunted and killed.

Just now, Keiw1 said:

All wild animals live in fear, they get pain, they get hunted and killed.

so that's a bad thing or a good thing?

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Let me get this straight. You have no desire to improve your knowledge with real research. You can not support an in depth discussion, just resorting to the bible. When you can't make a proper point you're more than willing to throw it on the other person. 

The thing is your religion of choice is just one of many. Like all of them it's a man-made fabrication. Which it might work for you, it doesn't for others. 

Jesus started 1 single religion, they served the Abrahamic God that the Israelites served= a single being God-YHWH(Jehovah)-- i found the correct religion.

15 minutes ago, Keiw1 said:

Jesus started 1 single religion, they served the Abrahamic God that the Israelites served= a single being God-YHWH(Jehovah)-- i found the correct religion.

Jesus didn’t start anything. People writing about him 30+ years after his death did while claiming things in his name. Hear-say is NOT fact, particularly as it can’t be corroborated. 

cormac

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, Keiw1 said:

Do you understand that this sort of blind behaviour has a lot to do with JWs being seen in a bad light? 

You have no evidence. You have words. Talk is cheap. 

Your religious behaviour is deplorable. Do you understand how much you make religion look absolutely awful? Is that what you think your god wants you to do? 

You don't seem to understand that very few fear the Bible's threats in this day and age. You're one of the few gullible enough to be held captive by others stories. 

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Keiw1 said:

brilliant reply- well done

i'm being sarcastic BTW--- just incase you get confused, no one would want that would they

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

Talk is cheap. 

not when it's paid for... i wonder how much money the author of the bible would be sitting on if she/he had a publisher :D

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

not when it's paid for... i wonder how much money the author of the bible would be sitting on if she/he had a publisher :D

At better than 500 million dollars a year the author/s would likely be trillionaires by now. 

cormac

• Like 2

• The topic was locked