Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Why are there so many different religions

Keiw1

22 minutes ago, Piney said:

No, since the start of Christianity. Even Martin Luther and John Wesley put dates on it. 

And I remember at least 3 times since I was born someone putting a date on the end of the world, or rapture or Jesus showing up.   The most memorable was in 1988, when in the summer he was supposed to show up in El Paso, Tx and move west to Las Cruces on a specific date.  Then I moved to Midland, TX in October and they were waiting for him to show up there in a week or two.   I laughed my head off at first, then I started worrying what kind of people I was working with at my new job.   It was a joke to a few, and there were so many in the office that put their heads down seemingly afriad of the jokes.   It was a very weird town even without that kind of thing.

• Like 5

20 hours ago, Hammerclaw said:

Your cult doesn't. It denies Jesus is the son of God, believing him to be the incarnation of the Archangel Michael. It believes souls die with the body if they're not JWs It denies the physical resurrection, believing Christ rose only in spirit while God claimed and carried away his physical form.

We know 100% Jesus is Gods son. We as well know he is not God. Jesus teaches-John 17:3--This means eternal life, their knowing you(Father) THE ONLY TRUE GOD and the one whom you sent forth Christ Jesus--2 major points there--The Father is the ONLY TRUE GOD and the only true God sent another named Jesus as a mortal. That one is Michael-1Thess 4:16, Daniel 12:1

Jesus was raised in the spirit, they didnt recognize him the first day, means he was not in his original body, but appeared to Thomas in that body, being Gods son can do that anytime he wants since all authority was given to him by one superior to him=Father=The Father is greater than i.

15 hours ago, Ove said:

They think they have earned the right to everlasting life. Because of all the things they have done for the Lord. It turns out that that's not the way things work with Jesus.

The trick is, you have to be honest, like the guy that was crucified beside Jesus. He had done nothing for Jesus, but went with him to paradise.

Paradise is the new earth. That comes about during the 1000 year reign of Christ which begins after Armageddon. That sinner by Jesus side, paid in full the wages of sin at his death. He will be resurrected into Gods kingdom during the 1000 year reign and given an opportunity to learn and apply Gods will to gain everlasting life.

Jesus went into the grave for 3 days, not to paradise. Most bibles have a comma placement error to mislead.

Truly i tell you, today you will be with me in paradise= error

Truly i tell you today, you will be with me in paradise= correct.

11 hours ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Peter knew him though, which is more than whatshisface who founded your lot can claim.

Mr Russell exposed many false teachings and brought truths to light. He only had error filled trinity translations to use so he made errors as well. But they have been corrected through the years.

7 hours ago, Piney said:

Coming from the bunch that gets Daniel, Leviticus and Revelations wrong. 

You are sadly mistaken sir.

4 minutes ago, Keiw1 said:

We know 100% Jesus is Gods son. We as well know he is not God. Jesus teaches-John 17:3--This means eternal life, their knowing you(Father) THE ONLY TRUE GOD and the one whom you sent forth Christ Jesus--2 major points there--The Father is the ONLY TRUE GOD and the only true God sent another named Jesus as a mortal. That one is Michael-1Thess 4:16, Daniel 12:1

Jesus was raised in the spirit, they didnt recognize him the first day, means he was not in his original body, but appeared to Thomas in that body, being Gods son can do that anytime he wants since all authority was given to him by one superior to him=Father=The Father is greater than i.

No, we actually don’t. Using the Bible to validate the Bible is as meaningless as using the Harry Potter books to validate the existence of Hogwarts. 

cormac

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

22 minutes ago, Keiw1 said:

Paradise is the new earth. That comes about during the 1000 year reign of Christ which begins after Armageddon. That sinner by Jesus side, paid in full the wages of sin at his death. He will be resurrected into Gods kingdom during the 1000 year reign and given an opportunity to learn and apply Gods will to gain everlasting life.

And then what? What comes after?  What exactly makes you think that you're someone God wants? 

I can't help but feel sicken at the sheer fervor folks like you have about the end of the world. While proclaiming that only they deserve peace. While people die. Men, women, and children all snuffed out for no reason. All that suffering just so you can be the 'good guys'. Honestly it looks more and more than you're the devil's agents. Wishing such cruelty on people. Just sick.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Keiw1 said:

….Jesus was raised in the spirit, they didnt recognize him the first day, means he was not in his original body, but appeared to Thomas in that body, being Gods son can do that anytime he wants since all authority was given to him by one superior to him=Father=The Father is greater than i.

Jesus body was raised by the spirit.

Romans 8:11 «if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you, He who raised Christ Jesus from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit, who lives in you»

The reason they didn't recognize him

Luke 24:15 And as they talked and deliberated, Jesus Himself came up and walked along with them. But their eyes were kept from recognizing Him.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Keiw1 said:

Jesus went into the grave for 3 days, not to paradise. Most bibles have a comma placement error to mislead.

No its not. The city of God is the paradise.

Rev 2.7 To the one who overcomes, I will grant the right to eat from the tree of life in the Paradise of God.

Rev 22:14 Blessed are those who wash their robes, so that they may have the right to the tree of life and may enter the city by its gates.

Rev 22:1 Then the angel showed me a river of the water of life, as clear as crystal, flowing from the throne of God and of the Lamb down the middle of the main street of the city. On either side of the river stood a tree of life

Read the Bible not the Watchtower magazin.

1 hour ago, Keiw1 said:

Most bibles have a comma placement error to mislead.

There were no commas in first century Koine to place erroneously. There were no spaces between the words in the earliest manuscripts. So, your data would look something like this (using English words for illustration), Luke 23:43

ANDHESAIDTOHIMTRULYTOYOUISAYTODAYWITH MEYOUWILLBEINPARADISE

Knowing the English language we can clean that up a little:

And he said to him truly to you I say today with me you will be in Paradise

Given what we know about compositional styles and such, we can partially punctuate that (and make the word order more natural for English... it mattered very little in Koine).

And he said to him, "Truly I say to you today you will be with me in Paradise."

And that's as far as we can go. We sense there ought to be a comma somewhere inside the quotation marks (inverted commas), but there isn't one in the text, nor can the correct placement be inferred from knowing the two languages involved. It is interesting that a very early English translation (1520's) by William Tyndale which uses colons much as we today use comma + opening quotation marks, omits all punctuation within the direct quote except the final period (full stop).

https://www.biblestudytools.com/tyn/luke/23-43.html

SO: on what basis do you place a comma after the word today? Please note that I am not asking why  you think so many place the comma before that word. I am also not concerned why you are nearly alone in your choice, at least until I hear the argument based on evidence that you have placed it correctly.

I am seriously prepared to entertain your argument. I absolutely affirm that the source Greek does NOT compel the prohibitive majority choice. That's as good as it can ever get: take your best shot.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Keiw1 said:

You're not Christians, just a twisted, daemonic Jesus cult. I pity you.

Edited by Hammerclaw
  • Thanks 3

3 hours ago, XenoFish said:

And then what? What comes after?  What exactly makes you think that you're someone God wants? 

I can't help but feel sicken at the sheer fervor folks like you have about the end of the world. While proclaiming that only they deserve peace. While people die. Men, women, and children all snuffed out for no reason. All that suffering just so you can be the 'good guys'. Honestly it looks more and more than you're the devil's agents. Wishing such cruelty on people. Just sick.

Its not for no reason. They failed God, not the other way around. JW,s spent over 1 billion hours trying to get people to listen last year. Year after year Jw,s sacrifice their free time to try to prevent any from being destroyed. Out of Love for God, his son and our fellow man. Or wouldn't one think JW,s are human and would rather go to the beach, fishing, golfing, or whatever instead? God set before all mankind-Deut 30:19--Life or death. Most are mislead into the wrong choice, because they didnt bother to take the time to learn and apply Gods will to get everlasting life. Many listened to blind guides who assured them-you are saved, yet he does not know. Many think going to church on easter and christmas cuts it. Its them failing God and his son. Many are brought up in false religions. Actions prove ones choice. The door remains open, each individual must choose with their free will to walk through it. Jesus taught, FEW will find the road. So it is not JW,s fault, we do all we can to try to help others see. But just like Jesus and the apostles and followers were hated back then by the world, the world murdered them. The JW,s are hated as well.

3 hours ago, Ove said:

Jesus body was raised by the spirit.

Romans 8:11 «if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you, He who raised Christ Jesus from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit, who lives in you»

The reason they didn't recognize him

Luke 24:15 And as they talked and deliberated, Jesus Himself came up and walked along with them. But their eyes were kept from recognizing Him.

Ask God

3 hours ago, Ove said:

No its not. The city of God is the paradise.

Rev 2.7 To the one who overcomes, I will grant the right to eat from the tree of life in the Paradise of God.

Rev 22:14 Blessed are those who wash their robes, so that they may have the right to the tree of life and may enter the city by its gates.

Rev 22:1 Then the angel showed me a river of the water of life, as clear as crystal, flowing from the throne of God and of the Lamb down the middle of the main street of the city. On either side of the river stood a tree of life

Read the Bible not the Watchtower magazin.

I know 100% my teachers are correct. Read Isaiah 11--it occurs on earth. Psalm 37:29--on earth, Matt 5:5= on earth. Rev 21:2--coming down( to earth) out of heaven--you are wrong.

2 hours ago, eight bits said:

There were no commas in first century Koine to place erroneously. There were no spaces between the words in the earliest manuscripts. So, your data would look something like this (using English words for illustration), Luke 23:43

ANDHESAIDTOHIMTRULYTOYOUISAYTODAYWITH MEYOUWILLBEINPARADISE

Knowing the English language we can clean that up a little:

And he said to him truly to you I say today with me you will be in Paradise

Given what we know about compositional styles and such, we can partially punctuate that (and make the word order more natural for English... it mattered very little in Koine).

And he said to him, "Truly I say to you today you will be with me in Paradise."

And that's as far as we can go. We sense there ought to be a comma somewhere inside the quotation marks (inverted commas), but there isn't one in the text, nor can the correct placement be inferred from knowing the two languages involved. It is interesting that a very early English translation (1520's) by William Tyndale which uses colons much as we today use comma + opening quotation marks, omits all punctuation within the direct quote except the final period (full stop).

https://www.biblestudytools.com/tyn/luke/23-43.html

SO: on what basis do you place a comma after the word today? Please note that I am not asking why  you think so many place the comma before that word. I am also not concerned why you are nearly alone in your choice, at least until I hear the argument based on evidence that you have placed it correctly.

I am seriously prepared to entertain your argument. I absolutely affirm that the source Greek does NOT compel the prohibitive majority choice. That's as good as it can ever get: take your best shot.

I know there weren't commas. but a comma belongs in English--Fact-Jesus was in the grave( Hades)for 3 days--not in paradise the first day proving the comma placement error.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hammerclaw said:

You're not Christians, just a twisted, daemonic Jesus cult. I pity you.

Did the darkness say something?

2 hours ago, Keiw1 said:

I think it said John Smith was the reincarnation of Jesus ...

...wait, maybe that was David Koresh....

pffft, whatever...all cults look pretty much the same.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Keiw1 said:

But wait...Jesus also said, “I and the Father are one” (John 10:30) .

• Thanks 3

2 hours ago, Keiw1 said:

Its not for no reason. They failed God, not the other way around. JW,s spent over 1 billion hours trying to get people to listen last year. Year after year Jw,s sacrifice their free time to try to prevent any from being destroyed. Out of Love for God, his son and our fellow man. Or wouldn't one think JW,s are human and would rather go to the beach, fishing, golfing, or whatever instead? God set before all mankind-Deut 30:19--Life or death. Most are mislead into the wrong choice, because they didnt bother to take the time to learn and apply Gods will to get everlasting life. Many listened to blind guides who assured them-you are saved, yet he does not know. Many think going to church on easter and christmas cuts it. Its them failing God and his son. Many are brought up in false religions. Actions prove ones choice. The door remains open, each individual must choose with their free will to walk through it. Jesus taught, FEW will find the road. So it is not JW,s fault, we do all we can to try to help others see. But just like Jesus and the apostles and followers were hated back then by the world, the world murdered them. The JW,s are hated as well.

Dude...who created who?  The Bible teaches that no sin shall enter into heaven.  One of the ten commandments from God Almighty to the  people was, Thou shalt not kill.  But who is the greatest mass murder in the history of humanity?  God Almighty.   So no.  God failed humanity.  Then created a situation where they could resolve themselves unto him by believing a bunch of impossible crap.

So, if God Almighty has no compunction about breaking his own laws for humans...it is a teaching of, Do as I say, not as I do.  And that my friend is as hypocritical as it gets.  So God Almighty is a lying, cheating, self serving hypocrite.    

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Keiw1 said:

That comes about during the 1000 year reign of Christ which begins after Armageddon. That sinner by Jesus side, paid in full the wages of sin at his death. He will be resurrected into Gods kingdom during the 1000 year reign and given an opportunity to learn and apply Gods will to gain everlasting life.

Ah, so you are a  Pre Millennialist...well some people you know, are Post Millennialist...they believe there will be a thousand years of peace and then Christ will return.

I myself...I am a Pan Millennialist...I believe that everything will just pan out all right!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Keiw1 said:

Ah, so The Word of God isn't really the Word of God...only those with correct punctuation.  In what reality does that make any sense...only in The Wierd and Wonderful World of the Latter Day Saints.  What a crock! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Keiw1 said:

I know 100% my teachers are correct. Read Isaiah 11--it occurs on earth. Psalm 37:29--on earth, Matt 5:5= on earth. Rev 21:2--coming down( to earth) out of heaven--you are wrong.

First you said «Paradise is the new earth» which is a false teaching of your teachers. After reading my quotes from the book of Revalation. You understand that the paradis is the city of God, that is coming out of heaven. Let's read some more.

Rev 22:15 Blessed are those who wash their robes, so that they may have the right to the tree of life and may enter the city by its gates. But outside are the dogs, the sorcerers, the sexually immoral, the murderers, the idolaters, and everyone who loves and practices falsehood.

Doesn't sound like there's any paradis outside the city on earth does it ?

Even worse, it's hell outside.

Rev 21:8 But to the cowardly and unbelieving and abominable and murderers and sexually immoral and sorcerers and idolaters and all liars, their place will be in the lake that burns with fire and sulfur.

May I add that, this is all figurative speech. There is no physical city of gold or lake of fire, but there are two very different places you can be.

Edited by Ove

4 hours ago, Keiw1 said:

"How art thou fallen from heaven, oh Lucifer, son of the morning? How art thou brought down to the ground, oh ye who would humble the nations?

For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:

I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.

Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit."

Isaiah

Edited by Hammerclaw
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/23/2022 at 1:26 PM, Phantom309 said:

Ah, then perhaps you can explain some of this choice other stuff...........69862212_The22Good22Book.jpg.1ab3c40b6122aae3878d632833a9d4ed.jpg

Sex and violence?  Supernatural Themes?  All you need is wise cracking sidekicks!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Most Christians don't know that the Bible has a surprise ending. 

Spoiler

Jesus was Satan all along!

Of course there were loads of clues leading up to it, so you could sort of guess.

Edited by Alchopwn
  • Haha 3

• The topic was locked