Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mystery of pilot who vanished after spotting a UFO still endures 44 years on


UM-Bot

Recommended Posts

 

I remember a few years ago I read an article about the another possible explanation. According to that theory Valentich unknowingly flew into the 'meteor shower', and that was what killed him.

 
 
 
 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I love the Valentich case. It's a true unknown. So many ideas as to what happened and no answers. The fact they never found his plane is great but also the fact that they can't work out why he flew in the first place. Most of the explanations are ridiculous and many Australian researchers have tried to solve it. Hopefully, like the Somerton man answers will eventually be found.

Edited by Gumball
  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This case is always interesting, but how credible can en a 20-year-old's radio-testimony be? I don't want to sound harsh, but he was still a teenager.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, jethrofloyd said:

This case is always interesting, but how credible can en a 20-year-old's radio-testimony be? I don't want to sound harsh, but he was still a teenager.

There was always jokes and pranks going on between CB and HAM operators. I once got on our farm's base station, turned on a Black Country accent, called myself "Tommy" and portrayed a drunk Yammy. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Absolutely amazing mystery, I have heard the audio, it’s creepy as. There’s a plaque mentioning Fredrick disappearance and the mention of this ufo encounter.

96016FA9-DAC4-4743-9092-C1D76AC579D4.jpeg

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I read, years ago that what he saw was his own reflection in the waters, he was flying upside down and didnt realize it.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
I remember when this happened. I heard it the first time on the Paul Harvey radio program. Mr. Harvey said the pilot was speaking and there was a loud
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I remember when this happened. I heard it the first time on the Paul Harvey radio program. Mr. Harvey said the pilot was speaking and there was a loud
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I never found this case all that odd there are countless missing aircraft and while it sounds cool to blame it on paranirmal reasons not once has that been the proven cause of disappearance.

This was a 20 yo kid and we cant prove he wasnt on drugs, drinking or simply sadly incompetent.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This happened before I started living in Melbourne.  It really is a quaint old city.  Lots of old Victorian era buildings.  

As to poor Fred Valentich, what isn't stated is that prior to his disappearance is that he was a big UFO enthusiast, and he was having loads of personal issues around the time of his disappearance.

The UFO sighting in Melbourne which did my head in was:

 

Edited by Alchopwn
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

Not sure why people think this is a mystery.

A broken part of his plane washed up. He crashed into Bass Strait. 

@the13bats he actually was a lousy pilot. Failed time after time trying to get his licence. His reputation was very poor in that regard.

His father and family were UFO nuts. His father started the UFO rumours.

Edited by psyche101
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

Not sure why people think this is a mystery.

A broken part of his plane washed up. He crashed into Bass Strait. 

@the13bats he actually was a lousy pilot. Failed time after time trying to get his licence. His reputation was very poor in that regard.

His father and family were UFO nuts. His father started the UFO rumours.

Thank you! I didnt follow up this one much because it was mundane to me.

Many well known cases involve "ufo nuts".

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, the13bats said:

Thank you! I didnt follow up this one much because it was mundane to me.

Many well known cases involve "ufo nuts".

 

No worries glad to help :)

Everything anyone wanted to know, or not lol, is well condensed at this link:

https://skepticalinquirer.org/2013/11/the-valentich-disappearance-another-ufo-cold-case-solved/

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It seems to me that there may indeed have been a ufo present and that that ufo deliberately interfered with the young man's plane's engine, causing his plane to crash.

 

But why? Merely to eliminate a witness?

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, psyche101 said:

No worries glad to help :)

Everything anyone wanted to know, or not lol, is well condensed at this link:

https://skepticalinquirer.org/2013/11/the-valentich-disappearance-another-ufo-cold-case-solved/

 

 

That site is great, very unbiased and open to what evidence is there.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Ell said:

It seems to me that there may indeed have been a ufo present and that that ufo deliberately interfered with the young man's plane's engine, causing his plane to crash.

 

But why? Merely to eliminate a witness?

Then it was an epic fail on the UFOs part as believers still grasp at it decades later.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, the13bats said:

Then it was an epic fail on the UFOs part as believers still grasp at it decades later.

For what reason did he go to King's Island / Tasmania?

  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Ell said:

For what reason did he go to King's Island / Tasmania?

 

When i was 20 i thought i knew it all and being a gear head a group of us would late night street race our hot rods, very stupid and dangerous.

I think a dreamy fantasy based 20 yo green as grass pilot who wasnt a good one went joy flying and lack of experience etc cost him his life no aliens needed.

If i had wrapped my camaro around a tree i wouldnt need to blame wood nymphs.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.