Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Just Stop Oil protesters throw chocolate cake at King Charles' Madame Tussauds waxwork

Still Waters

Just Stop Oil activists have thrown chocolate cake in the face of the King Charles waxwork at Madame Tussauds.

Eilidh McFadden, 20, from Glasgow, and Tom Johnson, 29, from Sunderland, bought tickets to the attraction this morning (Monday 24 October), before stepping over the rope barrier and smearing cake in the face of the new monarch.

According to Just Stop Oil, they then made the following statement: "We are here because we seek to protect our freedoms and rights, because we seek to protect this green and pleasant land which is the inheritance of us all.

https://www.ladbible.com/news/just-stop-oil-king-charles-20221024

The Metropolitan police said four people had been arrested for criminal damage.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/c5149gjwnl7o

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

1 minute ago, Tatetopa said:

Attention and publicity.

Even if it is bad attention and publicity..........id.....eee.......ots....

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

The protestors I used to hate most were the ones that drove railroad spikes into logs.  If the log makes it into the sawmill undetected, it is life threatening when the bandsaw encounters it.

These guys may be idiots, but they have yet to burn any cars, smash any windows, or threaten lives carelessly.  They haven't even tried to shut down a pipeline or blockade a gas station.   They have targeted publicly notable  objects that do not impact average lives.  Society will not miss a beat if a wax figure does melt.

In fact, they are so polite, I suspect they may be Canadians.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, Tatetopa said:

The protestors I used to hate most were the ones that drove railroad spikes into logs.  If the log makes it into the sawmill undetected, it is life threatening when the bandsaw encounters it.

These guys may be idiots, but they have yet to burn any cars, smash any windows, or threaten lives carelessly.  They haven't even tried to shut down a pipeline or blockade a gas station.   They have targeted publicly notable  objects that do not impact average lives.  Society will not miss a beat if a wax figure does melt.

In fact, they are so polite, I suspect they may be Canadians.

Spiked logs were a common occurrence when logging State Conservatory land and at the mill, but we ran a old fashion Lane circular saw so I just had to change the claws and teeth.

It was still scary and carbide teeth were10 bucks a piece. 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, susieice said:

Why?

Because polyester, rayon, spandex and sneaker soles are all petroleum products.

• Like 4

I notice today these folks have two threads on the UM site.  JMO, the targets were chosen  to gain attention from the elites.  The publicity they glean may be targeted at the young people who have grown up with climate change.  They were valuable rather unique objects not commonly owned by the middle class.  Nobody hurt, seemingly no permanent damage, and no disruption of everyday life.  We might have been outraged and angered by them and formed a negative opinion, but we are not their target audience.   I think they know what they are doing.

• Like 3

I agree entirely with their aim which is the ending of all new licenses and consents for the exploration, development and production of fossil fuels, but I do not agree with their methods, There are other ways to draw attention to their cause.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Still Waters said:

Just Stop Oil activists have thrown chocolate cake in the face of the King Charles waxwork at Madame Tussauds.

Eilidh McFadden, 20, from Glasgow, and Tom Johnson, 29, from Sunderland, bought tickets to the attraction this morning (Monday 24 October), before stepping over the rope barrier and smearing cake in the face of the new monarch.

King/Prince Charles literally agrees with them on virtually everything on the so-called Climate anxiety emergency hysteria gripping the Do-gooders. He may as well be smearing his own face. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tatetopa said:

I notice today these folks have two threads on the UM site.  JMO, the targets were chosen  to gain attention from the elites.  The publicity they glean may be targeted at the young people who have grown up with climate change.  They were valuable rather unique objects not commonly owned by the middle class.  Nobody hurt, seemingly no permanent damage, and no disruption of everyday life.  We might have been outraged and angered by them and formed a negative opinion, but we are not their target audience.   I think they know what they are doing.

"and no disruption of everyday life" 

"but we are not their target audience.   I think they know what they are doing."

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ozymandias said:

I agree entirely with their aim which is the ending of all new licenses and consents for the exploration, development and production of fossil fuels, but I do not agree with their methods, There are other ways to draw attention to their cause.

Website, social media posts and newsletters.

My sister is a member of the Granny Peace Brigade and several groups consisting of mothers and grandmothers of soldiers and their standing on corners does nothing.....but attract morons on this level who show up and act like asses.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ozymandias said:

Hi Ozy

If they are that concerned why don’t they get an education and work towards alternatives. In the construction industry we are working with green homes as are many other industries. I am an old man and learn new things all the time and have never had the urge to throw paint, cake or glue myself to a Lamborghini just because I don’t agree with something.

These protesters or rather some are in it for their vanity and not really believers. For me they have no credibility and are just sensationalist’s.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Ozymandias said:

Why doesn't that surprise me.

So tell me, what are we going to do when the solar panels & wind turbines are not enough, which they're not, and power cuts become an every day occurrence? How are UK citizens going to heat their homes, indeed how are they going to charge their electric cars? How is industry going to remain productive? How are businesses going to stay in business? Do these ****wits have an answer?

If they are that committed, why don't they get their parents (because obviously they don't earn a living themselves & pay taxes) to buy them a ticket to Saudi & protest there? the source.

We know why. Because they are hypocrites, like all activists they're scared to step up to the plate & attack the real source. e.g. why don't womens rights activists go to say Bradford or Birmingham and hold marches to protest equal rights for women?.....we all know the answer but nobody says it. Always the easy target.

If we actually had a proper police force that wouldn't rather be doing the Macarana at gay pride events & actually made a real example (say 10 years to a couple of them for vandalizing an artwork) then these naive children would melt into the background.

Edited by itsnotoutthere
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

These guys may be idiots, but they have yet to burn any cars, smash any windows, or threaten lives carelessly.  They haven't even tried to shut down a pipeline or blockade a gas station. 

Maybe no overt violence but glueing yourself to main roads and causing traffic jams that impede emergency vehicles (ambulances and fire trucks etc) has and is threatening lives.  People have been prevented from getting to work, to hospital appointments, cancer chemotherapy treatments and so on.

I do wonder how these people get to the places they protest at.  I doubt many of them walk or cycle.  I wonder how many aren’t wearing clothing with some oil derivative, or eat food that hasn’t been produced with oil or gas somewhere along the line.  I doubt their personal footprints are any smaller than the average Joe or Jane in this country.  It’s the hypocrisy that rankles. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, itsnotoutthere said:

Why doesn't that surprise me.

Sorry to disappoint.

So tell me, what are we going to do when the solar panels & wind turbines are not enough, which they're not, and power cuts become an every day occurrence? How are UK citizens going to heat their homes, indeed how are they going to charge their electric cars? How is industry going to remain productive? How are businesses going to stay in business? Do these ****wits have an answer?

As a retired engineer with a career in academia I can tell you that the answer to this problem is complicated and not fully formulated, as yet. Burning fossil fuels is damaging our earthly home and jeopardising our future and that of our posterity. To use your label, only ****wits think otherwise. Currently, we cannot dispense with fossil fuel generated energy, but that should not deter us from doing everything we can right now to wean ourselves off. And, to be fair, that is what we are doing, albeit not nearly fast enough. The solution to this problem is to expand on cleaner energies and invest in researching alternatives and greater efficiencies. I have no doubt that the engineering community will develop these areas going forward and better solutions will slowly emerge. After all, the internal combustion engine was only invented a little over a century ago, and the photo-voltaic solar panel is only 70 years old or so. 

If they are that committed, why don't they get their parents (because obviously they don't earn a living themselves & pay taxes) to buy them a ticket to Saudi & protest there? the source.

You don't know their backstories or their personal circumstances, so stop trying to negatively stereotype them. You are no great shakes yourself, judging by your posts. 

We know why. Because they are hypocrites, like all activists they're scared to step up to the plate & attack the real source. e.g. why don't womens rights activists go to say Bradford or Birmingham and hold marches to protest equal rights for women?.....we all know the answer but nobody says it. Always the easy target.

Generalisations! Exaggerations! You seem to have issues and like playing to the gallery. This thread is not about womens' rights, is it? And it's news to me that Bradford and Birmingham are the reason women don't have equal rights. I would have thought that problem was endemic to wider society and ought to be campaigned against everywhere.  

If we actually had a proper police force that wouldn't rather be doing the Macarana at gay pride events & actually made a real example (say 10 years to a couple of them for vandalizing an artwork) then these naive children would melt into the background.

Having a go at the gays now! It's not up to the police to hand down 10-year sentences to idiots who throw cake at dummies or splash soup on glass. 10 years is too much in my view for either offence, better to give them meaningful community service. I absolutely condemn such vandalism, no matter what the cause, but thankfully believe there was no real damage done in either case.

Edited by Ozymandias
  • Like 2

CAPTAIN TOM DEFACER REMANDED IN CUSTODY

"An eco-zealot who poured faeces and urine over a memorial to Captain Sir Tom Moore has been remanded in custody. Madeleine Budd, 21, defaced the monument to the 100-year-old World War Two veteran, who raised £33m for the NHS during the Covid-19 lockdown. She carried out last Friday for the pressure group End UK Private Jets, who took pictures of Budd proudly pouring the excrement over the statue in Thistley Meadow, Hatton, Derbyshire. Former medical student Budd was named in…

https://courtnewsuk.co.uk/captain-tom-defacer-remanded-in-custody/

39 minutes ago, itsnotoutthere said:

CAPTAIN TOM DEFACER REMANDED IN CUSTODY

"An eco-zealot who poured faeces and urine over a memorial to Captain Sir Tom Moore has been remanded in custody. Madeleine Budd, 21, defaced the monument to the 100-year-old World War Two veteran, who raised £33m for the NHS during the Covid-19 lockdown. She carried out last Friday for the pressure group End UK Private Jets, who took pictures of Budd proudly pouring the excrement over the statue in Thistley Meadow, Hatton, Derbyshire. Former medical student Budd was named in…

https://courtnewsuk.co.uk/captain-tom-defacer-remanded-in-custody/

Absolutely despicable, but she is young and passionate about the effects of climate change. This is how she justified it:-

'People are going to say that he's a hero, people are going to say that this is profoundly, obscenely disrespectful to his life, and to the NHS he stood up for and I agree. ... If we believe that the NHS is important, if we believe in taking care of each other, if we believe that NHS workers are doing essential work, why are we forcing our healthcare system into collapse, why are we forcing our civilisation into collapse, why is basically no-one taking this genocide of all humanity seriously? ... every time [a private jet] takes off, it pours a bucket of sh** and blood onto everything that Captain Tom stood for.'

She chose the wrong way to make a point. The stupidity of youth. If I were Captain Tom, I know I would cut her some slack while giving her a piece of my mind. I would hope she will come to realise how ill-judged her action was and such a dreadful mistake. I also think her father, a 61-year-old man of the world, could have been more moderate and understanding of his daughter when giving a public interview than to completely reject her in face of the public outcry. If I were him and could not see my way to support my daughter, I would have declined the interview.

Edited by Ozymandias

9 hours ago, acidhead said:

"and no disruption of everyday life" 

"but we are not their target audience.   I think they know what they are doing."

Well there you go, I had never heard of these folks before throwing food at famous objects.  Maybe they should stick to that.  More people noticed.    So Acidhead, you will know that you are a celebrity if you get hit in the back of the head with a serving of poutine.

• Haha 2