Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Elon Musk buys Twitter

acidhead

October 27, 2022 

It's official.  Elon Musk owns Twitter. 

Edited by acidhead
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

Guess who's coming back! 

:D

La Naranja!

Edited by acidhead
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, acidhead said:

Guess who's coming back! 

:D

La Naranja!

Slim Shady?

Edited by MGB
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

Seems rather adulescent........... :ph34r:

Elon at his first Twitter board meeting :D

20221027_234644.jpg

• Haha 5

Countdown until the feds launch an investigation into Melon Tusk…. 4 days.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Countdown until the feds launch an investigation into Melon Tusk…. 4 days.

Hmmm...

• Confused 2

Now watch the MSM fall into line. The BBC have already done hit pieces on him. I clearly expect them to go after him Trump style.

The Communists won't let him have free reign.

Edited by itsnotoutthere
  • Like 5
  • Haha 2

I don't use Twitter so this really doesn't affect me.  I like that he went in and cleaned house.  The people who were fired should have big enough bank accounts to be fine.

• Like 4

If I was a Conservative, I don't think I would be celebrating.  Elon isn't a conservative by any means.  He is more of a semi-green globalist.  But that is beside the point.  His taking over of Twitter is most likely the death knell of Truth Social, Gettr, Gab, and Parlor.  He's already told advertisers that he isn't going to let Twitter be too free, "Twitter obviously cannot become a free-for-all hellscape, where anything can be said with no consequences!”- Elon

He also said,  “There is currently great danger that social media will splinter into far-right wing and far left-wing echo chambers that generate more hate and divide our society.”-Elon

And lastly, don't forget that purchasing Twitter was just a stepping stone for his idea of a global application "X": Elon Musk teases 'X' app that will do 'everything' after he closes Twitter deal (nypost.com) which is similar in idea to Zuckerbergs Metaverse: Mark Zuckerberg is betting it all on the metaverse because he wants to create an imitation world where he controls everything (msn.com)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

I rarely need or use Twitter, because it’s a bad way to talk to people. It’s mindless gibberish, and drains my brain, usually.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gromdor said:

His taking over of Twitter is most likely the death knell of Truth Social,

Too bad for all those faithful that believed in Donald Trump so much they put hard earned cash into his Truth Social project, it will be gone now.  Luckily for Mr. Trump it was not his own money that disappeared.

• Like 1

I've never used Twitter but I imagine it is a good thing that it won't be controlled by the left's ideology alone.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I am a sadly ignorant non-Twitter user, so I don't know what people are expecting.  Will Mr. Trump's  tweets be more truthy on Twitter than on Truth Social?  Will more people see them and if so, why didn't all of those people sign up for Truth Social and keep it from tanking?  Anybody see any irony in the "public square" being a private enterprise owned by a single individual?

Elon has been trying to reassure advertisers that Twitter won't turn into a hell scape.  If Trump supporters don't buy enough merchandise from advertisers will Trump be banned again?  That is quite a power position for Elon, like holding Trump for ransom. 

How is this going to fix the echo chambers?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Tatetopa said:

I am a sadly ignorant non-Twitter user, so I don't know what people are expecting.  Will Mr. Trump's  tweets be more truthy on Twitter than on Truth Social?  Will more people see them and if so, why didn't all of those people sign up for Truth Social and keep it from tanking?  Anybody see any irony in the "public square" being a private enterprise owned by a single individual?

Elon has been trying to reassure advertisers that Twitter won't turn into a hell scape.  If Trump supporters don't buy enough merchandise from advertisers will Trump be banned again?  That is quite a power position for Elon, like holding Trump for ransom. 

How is this going to fix the echo chambers?

Honestly the only real difference is the number of people who participate on that particular platform.  

• Like 1

Just now, Gromdor said:

Honestly the only real difference is the number of people who participate on that particular platform.  

Is getting back on Twitter just another case of owning the libs?  

1 minute ago, Tatetopa said:

Is getting back on Twitter just another case of owning the libs?  

Eh, I do think that there are many people who think that "Freedom of Speech" is a right to force their words on people who don't care enough to hear it.  Take Trump for instance- he clearly showed that being banned on Twitter didn't affect his freedom of speech by just switching over to Truth Social.  His words were offensive to the publish standards of Twitter and the users.  He says the same thing but this time on Truth Social and the users are fine with it.  

Which of course makes me wonder if we are going to see on Twitter the same shenanigans that happened on Truth Social with the resulting bans despite the claim of "Free Speech".  

• Like 2