Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Elon Musk buys Twitter

acidhead

The non working notice period for former Twitter employed extends out to late February, and then there is a  severance package.

Whatever people are laughing at contains no truth, nor ingredients of what generally constitutes humour.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, acidhead said:

Hahaha :rofl: 

What are we going to do now that Sam isn't at Twitter censoring information! Wont somebody think of the children!

• Haha 4

13 minutes ago, Golden Duck said:

The non working notice period for former Twitter employed extends out to late February, and then there is a  severance package.

Whatever people are laughing at contains no truth, nor ingredients of what generally constitutes humour.

A lot of people are falling for it.  That's the humor. :D

• Like 4

On 10/31/2022 at 4:15 PM, Gromdor said:

No, I rather enjoy that.  In fact, I get the suspicion that I am doing that right now with you on this well managed and regulated forum. 

You would never have something like this on Twitter where the bulk of the replies are, "You're dumb, Here is a picture of a goat."

Which problem is precisely what he wants to solve.  At this point, no one really knows what he wants for the company.  That said, we do know that there are dedicated groups who are trying to harm his business and shut him down.  Free speech seems to be their kryptonite.  My money's on Elon ;) 

On 11/1/2022 at 3:25 PM, Golden Duck said:

"Content Moderation Council" totally doesn't sound like "Ministry of Truth" at all, whatsoever.

Stops being funny when it starts being you, eh?

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

On 11/2/2022 at 9:28 AM, itsnotoutthere said:

Amazing isn't how negative certain people are now about Twitter now Musk owns it. The very same people that went out of their way to defend it previously, but now all of a sudden it was always a terrible thing. ;)

The thing about them is they seem to see no inconsistency in that choice OR they just don't care to be unbiased.  There's an awful lot of entitlement demanded by the Left in politics.

• Like 1

On 11/3/2022 at 7:08 AM, Myles said:

I am still happy to say that I have never used Twitter, Instagram, Tik Tok or most other social media apps.

I'm actually using it a little, now.  In the past it was so toxic and one-sided that it was almost like a sick parody.  I have faith in the Musk man.  He's a winner and they find ways to win.  The fact that the Federal government wants to investigate him may be par for the course these days but it's STILL despicable.  Ostensibly, they're concerned about "foreign influence" being exerted because of the funding sources of the loan guarantees.  Unless those are actual partnerships or stock purchases, what difference does it make which investors buy the loan?  NONE.  These DC bottom-feeders don't even try to hide their corruption of our legal system.

• Like 2

Hmmm... Sounds unfair to... Journalists. I mean like, they went to school and stuff for that, you know got degreees and things..  promotions and climbed ladders.... were nice to their teachers and bosses

:D

Edited by acidhead
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, and-then said:

Stops being funny when it starts being you, eh?

Sarchasm:rolleyes:

Or, a bit of satire leaning into the "TL;DR" culture of deriving operational functions from a title.

• Like 1

On 11/5/2022 at 9:08 AM, Hankenhunter said:

He's right. Innuendo, racism, influencers, control, power, political, and social division, grifting, and a whole plethora of negative  aspects that thrive on Twitter. The pluses do not equal the minuses. 

And now all of a sudden it's a problem....funny that.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, acidhead said:

She'll be back... They all come back

After Friday's mass layoffs, Twitter now asks some fired workers to please come back

https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/international/business/after-fridays-mass-layoffs-twitter-now-asks-some-fired-workers-to-please-come-back/articleshow/95343987.cms

It’s been just over 48 hours since Twitter’s mass layoffs, and now fired workers are already being begged to return

Platformer journalist, Casey Newton, reported that now-fired employees were reached out by the company, asking them to return after they received emails that they’ve been laid off. He also shared a message from Twitter’s Slack account, telling former employees that they would put together names and rationales by Sunday.

“sorry to @everybody on the weekend but I wanted to pass along that we have the opportunity to ask folks that were left off if they will come back. I need to put together names and rationales by 4PM PST Sunday."

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/other/it-s-been-just-over-48-hours-since-twitter-s-mass-layoffs-and-now-fired-workers-are-already-being-begged-to-return/ar-AA13O9gg?

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, acidhead said:

63816-ef4091f3-1fa8-4019-babd-3f401b7a9dc2.jpeg.1d5ea7dfdff70557e1fb7c0732431c2c.jpeg

• Haha 3

171290222_Fg7NV_sXgAY8nkbcopy.jpg.56d4436623a3a9914975e8f69b553777.jpg

Edited by itsnotoutthere
  • Haha 7

18 hours ago, acidhead said:

If he just got fired, why is he homeless.  This is his problem for not saving his money.  

• Haha 2

On 10/28/2022 at 11:04 AM, Tatetopa said:

Too bad for all those faithful that believed in Donald Trump so much they put hard earned cash into his Truth Social project, it will be gone now.  Luckily for Mr. Trump it was not his own money that disappeared.

It never is Trump's own money.   He probably had his servants pay his kids allowances when they were growing up.

• Like 1

Twitter is now fact checking Biden's tweets.  The white house bragged about record increases on social security payments.  Twitter did a content correction stating that SS payments are adjusted for inflation every year and since we have record high inflation we also have record high payments.  The White House took that tweet down.  The white house also bragged about the most common price paid for gas.  Twitter pointed out that the most common is not the same as average and that that average price of gas was 60 cents higher than the most common price

https://www.cnn.com/2022/11/02/politics/fact-check-biden-white-house-tweet-social-security-inflation

https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics/twitter-fact-checks-biden-gas-price-claim

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Twitter is now fact checking Biden's tweets.  The white house bragged about record increases on social security payments.  Twitter did a content correction stating that SS payments are adjusted for inflation every year and since we have record high inflation we also have record high payments.  The White House took that tweet down.  The white house also bragged about the most common price paid for gas.  Twitter pointed out that the most common is not the same as average and that that average price of gas was 60 cents higher than the most common price

https://www.cnn.com/2022/11/02/politics/fact-check-biden-white-house-tweet-social-security-inflation

https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics/twitter-fact-checks-biden-gas-price-claim

What's fair is fair. I remember arguing on UM about how massive tech platforms have an unhealthy amount of control over communications and people here told us that "they are private companies and can do what they want."

Maybe now people on both sides of the spectrum will take the problem more serious. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

7 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

What's fair is fair. I remember arguing on UM about how massive tech platforms have an unhealthy amount of control over communications and people here told us that "they are private companies and can do what they want."

Maybe now people on both sides of the spectrum will take the problem more serious. 

No one is forcing you to use or read anything on Twitter.  It is a private company and I think too much government control is wrong.  There are places that should have government control, like what corporations dump in people's water sources, or how many oil spills happen by one company, where nuclear waste or chemical waste is stored, etc.   But a baker in a Denver should not have to worry about the local government shutting him down because he uses his right to deny service to someone.   I don't agree with Hobby Lobby owner's views on certain things but I don't think they should be put out of business for it.  I get to choose where I spend my money and that is the way it should work for private business, whether huge or small, if they are not damaging people's lives who have no choice then they should be allowed to do what ever.  If they have a monopoly on something then the government might find a way to  help a small business give them competition, but that is the extent of that.

Edited by Desertrat56
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Actually, I do want to clarify my comment on monopolies.   Once the state of Texas broke up the  monopoly of TXU electric provider things were so much better for the customer and it enhanced a lot of small businesses  who could then compete.    So I was incorrect as "that is the extent of it", local and state government should have the ability to break up monopolies when that affects the standard of living of their citizens.    I am sure there will be some wars with Amazon, Google, Meta(Fkbook), and it will get quite ugly.  No one will be able to use the internet without choosing one, and no company offering sales online will be able to operate without choosing one (maybe that has already happened). The more self sufficient and the more we purchase locally sourced products the better off we all will be.