Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Elon Musk buys Twitter

acidhead

6 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

Maybe Elon can just buy Canada next and get rid of all the people he doesn't like.

And BTW, how many Mars rockets has Elon built so far?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSl4ijYhXC8wSzZPhaGls9

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

Maybe Elon can just buy Canada next and get rid of all the people he doesn't like.

And BTW, how many Mars rockets has Elon built so far?

Hi Tate

Other than me how many Canadians could he have it in for I am like the only Canadian that doesn’t have a twit-ter account and paid 8 bucks.

• Like 1

The hatred for Elon just blows my mind. To me, the only people who would be against a politically neutral platform are those who know it isn’t, and benefit from it. 

Then the personal attacks regarding his accomplishments, and possible future accomplishments. I’d put his record up against most.

Making fun of past failures is pathetic as well. That’s how people learn, grow, and eventually succeed. Those who will never come close to his accomplishments just look like two year olds throwing tantrums when they do that. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/23/2022 at 11:54 PM, psyche101 said:

He's got rather petty.

He's impressing right wingers with shirts now? 

Yeah, great business strategy. Those shorts will pull twitter out of the poo.......

And the take the red pill crap? d*******.

It isn’t about impressing anyone. It’s about exposing how a company who once allowed free speech, and built an empire doing it, then went completely biased, and took out many of the people who’s presence built the place. 

and for those who think Twitter is going down, there are more users now than ever. And 90% of the people who cried and said they were leaving are still there. Many of the people who cried about the 8 bucks are paying it. 

As far as Tesla, do any of you really think it’s going out of business? Just watch, soon as the stock is low enough, soon as the mega wealthy feel they tricked enough people to bail, they will come rushing back in and buy stocks up cheap, and the sheep will follow. Happens ever time. 

• Thanks 1

On 11/2/2022 at 11:18 PM, Tatetopa said:

It still is and Elon can put up whatever he wants and ban whatever he wants.   I still won't use it, but not because I hate Elon, just lack of desire or need.   I don't know what I'd do with 5 million followers.:devil:

I hear you. I think I have about 2 followers on here and it's a bit overwhelming tbh. 

On 11/23/2022 at 10:51 PM, Hankenhunter said:

Elon Musk Loses $100 Billion in Net Worth as Tesla Stock Prices Plummet

https://greekreporter.com/2022/11/23/elon-musk-loses-100-billion-in-net-worth-as-tesla-stock-prices-plummet/

OMG that's so unusual for the tech sector this year. Get a grip and look around then do yourself a favor and start buying. If you want a truly exciting ride in the next few years start loading up on TQQQ

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, preacherman76 said:

The hatred for Elon just blows my mind. To me, the only people who would be against a politically neutral platform are those who know it isn’t, and benefit from it. 

I do not hate Elon nor do I  oppose Twitter being neutral.

What makes me a little queasy is having the richest man in the world and member of the global elites hold our "public square" as his own private property subject to his whims.  He can allow who he wants and forbid who he dislikes.  To me it seems an uncomfortable step toward a global hive mind controlled by the global elites. I worry about stuff like that. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

What makes me a little queasy is having the richest man in the world and member of the global elites hold our "public square" as his own private property subject to his whims.  He can allow who he wants and forbid who he dislikes.  To me it seems an uncomfortable step toward a global hive mind controlled by the global elites. I worry about stuff like that. 

Yes, but we can opt out, no one is forced to go to twitter or facebook or tik tok or what ever.    He doesn't control anyone who isn't already controled.

I like Elon Musk, he is a funny nerd who has some helpful ideas, maybe a bit ahead or behind his time, I don't know, but he is nothing like that microsoft goon who is an elitist from beginning to end.   So, he has a lot of money, but if companies like Tesla, that he has invested in are having financial problems he is Not the richest man in the world.  That is an inaccurate description of him.   There are so many that are elitist and very rich that we don't even know about, they do not publicize themselves and I suspect they are the puppeteers running the show.  Elon is out there telling people what he is doing.   He isn't trying to run any government, he is trying to run the tech industry, and not to the detriment of the users, but to his idea of betterment.   Not everyone will agree with his ideas, and I don't agree with all of them, but he really does want to make things better.  In my opinion tech is not the way to make things better, but he is a nerd and that is his world.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

The difference I see in Musk is that he doesn't come off like an elitist. I think he's an extreme workaholic with good intentions. That said, even if he is an elitist and does run Twitter how you say, how is that any different than every other big-tech platform?

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, F3SS said:

The difference I see in Musk is that he doesn't come off like an elitist. I think he's an extreme workaholic with good intentions. That said, even if he is an elitist and does run Twitter how you say, how is that any different than every other big-tech platform?

I like that he is giving google and amazon and facebook some real competition.   Those three are the ones to watch out for, and google already has such a foothold it might be impossible to extract them from ourlives.  Televisions, alexa, cortana, Siri, who ever, are all listening to everything we say.  Someday those tech companies may be expected to turn over their data to the government, or they may be willing to sell it to the goverment (which I suspect Google of already doing).   Then if we have a government like North Korea or Australia, we may be in big trouble for nothing based on some random joke we told or something we yelled at our dog when it stole our sandwich.   Big brothe has been watching us for years and we are oblivious, because it is big tech companies, not the government.   

I know the government has programs where they monitor communications of people for random reasons.   My phone was monitored for a couple of years because of a person my neighbors associated with.   So, don't think you are safe saying anything in your own home, unless you don't have a smart phone, a television or any computerize appliance with wifi access.

Edited by Desertrat56
  • Like 2

44 minutes ago, F3SS said:

It is not.  All electronic versions of the "public square" are controlled by corporate or elitist individuals. All of our public and social dialogues are moderated by big tech.    I see it as a potential problem.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

It is not.  All electronic versions of the "public square" are controlled by corporate or elitist individuals. All of our public and social dialogues are moderated by big tech.    I see it as a potential problem.

We could go back to standing on the corner or meeting in the city center to have our public square.   What do you propose?   

1 hour ago, Desertrat56 said:

Yes, but we can opt out, no one is forced to go to twitter or facebook or tik tok or what ever.    He doesn't control anyone who isn't already controled.

Yes though even a good swimmer can be swept away in a flood.  What a gullible populace believes and acts on does affect all of us, even if we know better.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

Yes though even a good swimmer can be swept away in a flood.  What a gullible populace believes and acts on does affect all of us, even if we know better.

Yes, that is true if the guillible population is large like it has become recently.   I think it would be good to have the internet go down completely all over the country a week before elections, people would have to talk to each other face to face or over the phone.   But one week might not be enough.  Maybe we need a good solar flare to disable all communication for a while.   Then people would have to come out of their basements and look for others to interact with.   It is an unsolveable problem that you express as long as we have internet the way it is now.  

How can we change things, or what can we change to make it better?    In the olden days I remember the grocery store rags that had all kinds of crazy headlines.   I remember my husband, right after we were married, came home with a National Enquirer.  I had never read it, the headlines were enough to put me off.   But I read every article and I found that 4 different stories cited the same expert (with a different title, but the same name and photo) for four different subjects.  In one he was a medical doctor, one he was an astrophysisit, another he was an archeologist, etc.   I pointed it out to my husband and he got angry with me.  He said "they wouldn't publish it if it weren't true."   (a good sign that we were not suited for each other but it took me 4 more years to give up).    So, those same people now have internet accounts and they gravitate toward National Enquiere type "news".   Nothing is going to change that.   And like everything else, the internet is now all about money one way or another.

Edited by Desertrat56
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

We could go back to standing on the corner or meeting in the city center to have our public square.   What do you propose?   

Nailed me.  I don't have a good proposal.  Either somebody moderates for factual content or facts don't matter, two bad alternatives. Would it be better for the internet to go down and force us to rely on face to face and written communication?  Questionable.

Maybe we are providing one solution to the Drake equation.  Societies don't reach star faring capability because they dissolve into stupidity.

• Like 2

The other side of the coin is that an open and free platform does give the groomers an opportunity to present their most convincing arguments to young people.  They can quit teaching and become full time influencers and content creators paid by Twitter advertisers.  Probably make a lot more money.  Of course we could forbid our kids from being on Twitter because free speech is just too dangerous for young people.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

The other side of the coin is that an open and free platform does give the groomers an opportunity to present their most convincing arguments to young people.  They can quit teaching and become full time influencers and content creators paid by Twitter advertisers.  Probably make a lot more money.  Of course we could forbid our kids from being on Twitter because free speech is just too dangerous for young people.

That influencer thing puzzles me.  I have seen some of the things those people touted as "influencers" post and it is utter tripe, usally completely obvious advertising.    But apparently they get enough followers to make a living promoting products.   We live in a new world, though I do remember when everyone would recognize the Marlboro Man.   Maybe not so strange, just more of it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

What makes me a little queasy is having the richest man in the world and member of the global elites hold our "public square" as his own private property subject to his whims.  

"Our" 

Hahaha 

1 hour ago, Desertrat56 said:

I like that he is giving google and amazon and facebook some real competition.   Those three are the ones to watch out for, and google already has such a foothold it might be impossible to extract them from ourlives.  Televisions, alexa, cortana, Siri, who ever, are all listening to everything we say.  Someday those tech companies may be expected to turn over their data to the government, or they may be willing to sell it to the goverment (which I suspect Google of already doing).   Then if we have a government like North Korea or Australia, we may be in big trouble for nothing based on some random joke we told or something we yelled at our dog when it stole our sandwich.   Big brothe has been watching us for years and we are oblivious, because it is big tech companies, not the government.   

I know the government has programs where they monitor communications of people for random reasons.   My phone was monitored for a couple of years because of a person my neighbors associated with.   So, don't think you are safe saying anything in your own home, unless you don't have a smart phone, a television or any computerize appliance with wifi access.

Google, Amazon, and Facebook are all controlled by people like Elon. I don't want any king, not even one who currently agrees with my views.  Right now the tech billionaires are all Western.  What happens when a tech billionaire arises that comes from an Eastern sensibility of what a ruler should be able to do.  I don't want an American king, even less do I want a global one.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, acidhead said:

"Our" 

Hahaha 

Well there you have it.  We don't have a public square.  It is all a hoax isn't it?  Ha Ha Ha, Oh sh**!

• Like 1

Just now, Tatetopa said:

Well there you have it.  We don't have a public square.  It is all a hoax isn't it?  Ha Ha Ha, Oh sh**!

If you don't like Elon Musk's Twitter make your own Twitter!