Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Elon Musk buys Twitter

acidhead

4 minutes ago, acidhead said:

If you don't like Elon Musk's Twitter make your own Twitter!

You miss the point.  I did not say I don't like Twitter, I don't use it, but it is cool that other people do.  What I said is that I don't like kings and the super rich having so much control over all of our lives. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

You miss the point.  I did not say I don't like Twitter, I don't use it, but it is cool that other people do.  What I said is that I don't like kings and the super rich having so much control over all of our lives. 

Kings(non-existent FTR) and super rich don't have control over your life.

21 minutes ago, acidhead said:

Kings(non-existent FTR) and super rich don't have control over your life.

Now its my turn. HaHaHaHaHa. And Oh yeah, God save the Queen.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

Now its my turn. HaHaHaHaHa. And Oh yeah, God save the Queen.

Hi Tate

It’s a bit late for saving the queen she’s dead

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, acidhead said:

If you don't like Elon Musk's Twitter make your own Twitter!

Point of order. That is a very hypocritical comment from you.  When the right was being censored, that was not a satisfying answer for conservatives.  They felt like victims being discriminated against, they wanted fairness not exile.

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Tate

It’s a bit late for saving the queen she’s dead

Besides, she ain’t no human being…

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Tatetopa said:

Point of order. That is a very hypocritical comment from you.  When the right was being censored, that was not a satisfying answer for conservatives.  They felt like victims being discriminated against, they wanted fairness not exile.

You are the hypocrite. Elon Musk's Twitter isn't censoring liberals. It's a level playing field now. If you don't like it make your own Twitter.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, acidhead said:

You are the hypocrite. Elon Musk's Twitter isn't censoring liberals. It's a level playing field now. If you don't like it make your own Twitter.

Never said it was. I like level playing fields.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Okay, now that I have had time to read a bit about what Elon Musk is doing, I have decided that it is somewhat of a good idea.

First off the paying $8 and color coded ribbons.  I think it is smart to make "Freedom of speech" not free.  Having to fork over real currency to make your voice heard makes you more vested in what you are saying as you literally have to pay in saying it.  The ribbons were originally a disaster but the color coded version to force to verify who you are should get rid of the anonymity and make what you say really tied to you.

Secondly,  I am really liking his idea of not banning anyone but reducing who can hear them.  So it is not banning them but instead making it so no one hears what they say.  It also serves as a "social citizen ranking" way like China has to basically rank people based on what they say. 

So say whatever you want but it won't show on a feed.  Someone will actually have to use a search function and specifically search for what you said- which of course defeats the purpose of you saying it in the first place.  You aren't banned but no one hears you.

Edited by Gromdor
  • Like 2

I am a avid Twitter user i can attest that liberals are absolutely not censored. Antifa has been banned (and its about time) because they keep posting personal information like adress phone numbers etc of their selected victims. Glad these maniacs are gone. Other than that, the user base has wild and I love it, the meltdown the tears the screams of liberals so far has been amazing. Couldn be any better. I havent seen anybody posting racist stuff that hasnt been banned right away. 

I use to log once per day now im on it almost 24/7. I think the check mark for 8 bucks is to stop or limit spammers, they never pay. This is a clever way but I would like some features added to Twitter for the paying customers. Maybe page customization to some degree?

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

Bill Gates, George Soros & the main stream media being the prime movers. Twitter is optional.

Edited by itsnotoutthere
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Poncho_Peanatus said:

I am a avid Twitter user i can attest that liberals are absolutely not censored. Antifa has been banned (and its about time) because they keep posting personal information like adress phone numbers etc of their selected victims. Glad these maniacs are gone. Other than that, the user base has wild and I love it, the meltdown the tears the screams of liberals so far has been amazing. Couldn be any better. I havent seen anybody posting racist stuff that hasnt been banned right away. 

I use to log once per day now im on it almost 24/7. I think the check mark for 8 bucks is to stop or limit spammers, they never pay. This is a clever way but I would like some features added to Twitter for the paying customers. Maybe page customization to some degree?

You say people aren't censored, yet give a list of people who are censored....

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

15 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

And yet they were.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

Soros just invested a bunch of money into Elon: Soros, Elon Musk and a $35 million vote of confidence | Fox Business

A drop in the ocean so to speak.

https://www.newsweek.com/fact-check-george-soros-midterms-biggest-donor-1757801

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

You say people aren't censored, yet give a list of people who are censored....

beside those hooligans everything seems to be fine....so its all good.

19 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

Google, Amazon, and Facebook are all controlled by people like Elon. I don't want any king, not even one who currently agrees with my views.  Right now the tech billionaires are all Western.  What happens when a tech billionaire arises that comes from an Eastern sensibility of what a ruler should be able to do.  I don't want an American king, even less do I want a global one.

No, I think they are nothing like Elon.  I may be wrong, but those people are only in it for the money, especially the facebook guy, a real nasty so & so.   And Bezos loves the money and the attention, I don't know who owns Google but they seem to do everything for money.   Elon is presenting himself as someone who wants to make life better for humans.  He has an idea that we won't survive if we stay on this planet so everything he does is to reach his goal of getting us colonizing other planets or moons.   He is not as nefarious as the others.   He may not have the best interest of people who don't agree with his goals, but he isn't going to try to force them to give him all their money, and I think that is what the others are doing, vying for control of the world.  Maybe I am idealistic, or maybe I am tired of being so cynical, but I think we do have one person who is attempting to help us, whether we want it or not, we have the choice to opt out.  He has never set anything up to force anyone to use his products, but you search for a product and google and amazon make sure you get theirs first, and sometimes you have to scroll down pages and pages to get the actual company you want because amazon has control.   That might change now that google is trying to compete with Amazon, but it won't change for the better, you will just gett pages and pages of google before you can find the actual company you are looking for.

• Like 4

19 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

Well there you have it.  We don't have a public square.  It is all a hoax isn't it?  Ha Ha Ha, Oh sh**!

This forum is like a public square.   And it is not controled by any of the big companies.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

No, I think they are nothing like Elon.  I may be wrong, but those people are only in it for the money, especially the facebook guy, a real nasty so & so.   And Bezos loves the money and the attention, I don't know who owns Google but they seem to do everything for money.   Elon is presenting himself as someone who wants to make life better for humans.  He has an idea that we won't survive if we stay on this planet so everything he does is to reach his goal of getting us colonizing other planets or moons.   He is not as nefarious as the others.   He may not have the best interest of people who don't agree with his goals, but he isn't going to try to force them to give him all their money, and I think that is what the others are doing, vying for control of the world.  Maybe I am idealistic, or maybe I am tired of being so cynical, but I think we do have one person who is attempting to help us, whether we want it or not, we have the choice to opt out.  He has never set anything up to force anyone to use his products, but you search for a product and google and amazon make sure you get theirs first, and sometimes you have to scroll down pages and pages to get the actual company you want because amazon has control.   That might change now that google is trying to compete with Amazon, but it won't change for the better, you will just gett pages and pages of google before you can find the actual company you are looking for.

I agree that Elon is a likeable guy.  I think he wants the best for humanity based on his opinion.  Who comes after him? I do not trust the system of tax breaks and hero worship that elevates a human with all of their positive and negative attributes to a position of that much power.  

Bezos started out just wanting to sell books, Zuckerberg wanted a way for shy guys to meet girls, the guys who built Google just wanted a better browser.   Good intentions no doubt. Who can hate Bill Gates, he just wants to eliminate disease, at least publicly. One thing leads to another.  At some point it does come down to money because money is what gave all of these guys power.  Elon needs money for his projects too, even the benevolent ones.  So, he can fund a government that gives him tax breaks, a waiver on some environmental regulations, maybe some favorable rulings on his labor disputes.

It is easy to slip personal interests into first priority ahead of the good of humanity.  We all do it on a small scale.  So to with Elon.  He doesn't want to repair earth, he wants humanity to colonize hostile worlds where every colonist would rely on the authority that provides the air water and food.  That is a choice Elon makes based on personal opinion.  Is it better for humanity in the long run than preserving what we currently have? I am still stuck in my cynicism. I think Elon has a personal opinion, not insight into the workings of the universe.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, itsnotoutthere said:

And yet they were.

Since I am not a Twitter user, I will have to take your word for it.  Do you want free speech for everybody on principle or just for your own group and damn everybody else?

• Like 1

On 11/26/2022 at 1:22 PM, Tatetopa said:

I do not hate Elon nor do I  oppose Twitter being neutral.

What makes me a little queasy is having the richest man in the world and member of the global elites hold our "public square" as his own private property subject to his whims.  He can allow who he wants and forbid who he dislikes.  To me it seems an uncomfortable step toward a global hive mind controlled by the global elites. I worry about stuff like that. 

That was already happening. I can’t remember your stance, but many here had no problem when Twitter was censoring people who hadn’t even broken Twitter rules. 

So far looks like there is going to be less bots. Less censorship. Gone are the days workers can ban you for a personal wrong think grudge. Oh and he’s kicking out the peso’s. Can’t believe that’s a thing. YouTube does nothing about pedo’s either.

Anyhow, looks more like a true public square right now then it did before he got there. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

11 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

Since I am not a Twitter user, I will have to take your word for it.  Do you want free speech for everybody on principle or just for your own group and damn everybody else?

But that's exactly what we had before Elon bought it. 

Free speech for everybody is precisely what the previous owners didn't want.

• Like 1