Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Elon Musk buys Twitter

acidhead

Just now, jmccr8 said:

Hi Its

Being non-political I guess the humour evades me. Basically our discussion is a non-issue so this will be my last response on it.

Ok. :tu:

"I'm going to delete my social media from this platform but before I do I'm going to announce I'm leaving" and leave a dumb cartoon.

Alrighty then... 

Hahaha 

He'll be back, they ALL come back.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, OverSword said:

Venus has clouds of sulfuric acid and is the hottest planet in the solar system at around 475 Celsius.   

There's a reason for that. It's also in a reverse slow orbit. It's what global warming runaway looks like.

That's so hot that life can't actually cohese so there's zero risk of contamination. A big concern we have with mars. And it's very nearly the same size as earth and in the Goldilocks zone. Similar gravity and capable of sustaining liquid water. As well as being large enough to sustain an atmosphere for an extended period through gravity.

Tera Forming a planet is a massive understanding no matter how you look at it. Venus would require a major blast to reset it's spin, but due to size and location, definitely a better option than mars. 

Edited by psyche101

8 hours ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Its

I might think it was relevant if nazi Germany still existed but it doesn’t and hasn’t for some time.

That said after watching videos of Teslas exploding while charging am not convinced that buying one is something that I would consider worthwhile.

Hi Jay

I watched a great doco the other night on Volkswagen. The factory is very impressive with its own train line.

From what I gather Hitler's "peoples car" is quite far removed from today's operation. The factory was significantly damaged in WWII and was rebuilt. 6,000 robots sit on the assembly line these days. I doubt politics matter much to them either.

Edited by psyche101
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, OverSword said:

Duh

Sorry, the complexity of your informative rebuttal is lost on me. Not sure what you're eloquent reply is actually referring to. Would you care to expand?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, acidhead said:

I'm going to delete my social media from this platform but before I do I'm going to announce I'm leaving" and leave a dumb cartoon.

Alrighty then... 

Hahaha 

Ok. Here is your apple and your roadmap. Write if you find work.

• Haha 3

38 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

So are we Venusifying earth?

Slowly it would seem. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, psyche101 said:

Hi Jay

I watched a great doco the other night on Volkswagen. The factory is very impressive with its own train line.

From what I gather Hitler's "peoples car" is quite far removed from today's operation. The factory was significantly damaged in WWII and was rebuilt. 6,000 robots sit on the assembly line these days. I doubt politics matter much to them either.

Hi Psyche

Yes they are not the company that they once were and now own a dozen auto companies including Bentley and Lamborghini 

• Like 3

EU warns Elon Musk of possible Twitter ban under new rules

Elon Musk has been told he faces "huge work ahead" to bring Twitter into compliance with new European rules on disinformation or face a possible ban.

European Union commissioner Thierry Breton made the comments in a meeting with Mr Musk on Wednesday.

He said the social media site would have to address issues such as content moderation, disinformation and targeted adverts.

The back-and-forth comes as the new law is set to go into effect.

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-63816110

The woke crowd in the EU cannot tolerate the new Twitter policies on freedom of speech.

• Haha 2

So now, the people who are mad at Elon are supporting the machine who’s big-lie interfered in the election? It’s like TRON meets  J6. They are digital insurgents who are storming the virtual-Capital of our Democracy to ensure the continued collusion in our elections. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Occult1 said:

EU warns Elon Musk of possible Twitter ban under new rules

Elon Musk has been told he faces "huge work ahead" to bring Twitter into compliance with new European rules on disinformation or face a possible ban.

European Union commissioner Thierry Breton made the comments in a meeting with Mr Musk on Wednesday.

He said the social media site would have to address issues such as content moderation, disinformation and targeted adverts.

The back-and-forth comes as the new law is set to go into effect.

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-63816110

The woke crowd in the EU cannot tolerate the new Twitter policies on freedom of speech.

LOL that's awesome.

In a statement after the meeting, Mr Breton said he welcomed Mr Musk's assurances that he would get Twitter ready to comply.

"Let's also be clear that there is still huge work ahead, as Twitter will have to implement transparent user policies, significantly reinforce content moderation and protect freedom of speech, tackle disinformation with resolve, and limit targeted advertising," he said.

"All of this requires sufficient AI [Artificial Intelligence] and human resources, both in volumes and skills. I look forward to progress in all these areas and we will come to assess Twitter's readiness on site."

The EU plans to conduct a "stress test" in 2023 ahead of a wider audit, his office said.

Musk is learning he isn't the Emperor of the internet. 

No advertising future with Apple either by the sound of it. Perhaps Apple has decided to pay Musk with reality checks lol. 

• Like 2

I heard dont know if correct twitter was all hacked or breached or something coming after trumps reinstantment i hope his phone stuff is okay.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, acidhead said:

Should be interesting...

Yes, INDEED...  I just read a piece by Jonathan Turley and it blew me away.  I really hope Musk reads it and pays attention.  I hadn't paid enough attention to the overall efforts against Twitter since he basically ended the one-way censorship but those on the Left in business, government, and electoral politics are deadly serious about shutting him down and if he doesn't fight back with everything he's got, he WILL lose.

https://jonathanturley.org/2022/11/30/washington-goes-to-war-against-twitter-and-free-speech/comment-page-1/

In short, the Constitutional Law scholar wants him to "unleash hell" on his enemies by making ALL OF the evidence of the censorship algorithms, shadow banning and so forth, PUBLIC.  ALL OF IT... AND AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.  I really hope Musk drops the hammer on all of these anti-free speech thugs.

The growth of the company is at record levels since he took over and it seems the only way to slow or stop the new memberships is to remove the App.  DeSantis has already advocated for antitrust hearings if Apple does this.  That would be just another example of blatant trust activity to crush competitors AND free speech.  I spend more time on Twitter in the last few days than ever before and I'm signing up for the blue checkmark, not because I need it but because I want to support his efforts! 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, and-then said:

The growth of the company is at record levels since he took over and it seems the only way to slow or stop the new memberships is to remove the App.

LOL, what the hell are you talking about?  How is the growth at record levels?  It's a private company, so it's not the stock price.  It's not employment, because they got rid of everyone.  It's not users, because people are leaving.  It's not advertisers, because they are leaving...remember Musk threatening them?  Tell us, please, how Twitter is growing at record levels.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Agent0range said:

LOL, what the hell are you talking about?  How is the growth at record levels?  It's a private company, so it's not the stock price.  It's not employment, because they got rid of everyone.  It's not users, because people are leaving.  It's not advertisers, because they are leaving...remember Musk threatening them?  Tell us, please, how Twitter is growing at record levels.

Because...

I'm signing up for the blue checkmark, not because I need it but because I want to support his efforts!

Same way trumps gofundme is growing from guys like him.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

The growth of the company is at record levels since he took over and it seems the only way to slow or stop the new memberships is to remove the App.  DeSantis has already advocated for antitrust hearings if Apple does this.  That would be just another example of blatant trust activity to crush competitors AND free speech. 

Relax buds! 

31 minutes ago, Agent0range said:

Negative growth maybe?

Based on 9 Wall Street analysts offering 12 month price targets for Twitter in the last 3 months. The average price target is $50.60 with a high forecast of $54.20 and a low forecast of $42.00. The average price target represents a -5.77% change from the last price of $53.70.

https://www.tipranks.com/stocks/twtr/forecast#:~:text=TWTR Stock 12 Months Forecast&text=Based on 9 Wall Street,the last price of %2453.70.

That $8 is going to have to stretch....

Edited by psyche101
  • Like 1