Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Elon Musk buys Twitter

acidhead

1 hour ago, psyche101 said:

Negative growth maybe?

Based on 9 Wall Street analysts offering 12 month price targets for Twitter in the last 3 months. The average price target is $50.60 with a high forecast of $54.20 and a low forecast of $42.00. The average price target represents a -5.77% change from the last price of $53.70.

https://www.tipranks.com/stocks/twtr/forecast#:~:text=TWTR Stock 12 Months Forecast&text=Based on 9 Wall Street,the last price of %2453.70.

That $8 is going to have to stretch....

Hahaha... Nice try

That 12 month forecast Twitter stock was predicted on October 6th, 2022. 

Elon Musk officially purchased Twitter on October 27th, 2022... the day this thread was created and the last day Twitter stock was listed.

Not sure anybody outside of Musk truly knows Twitters value at the moment.  

From your old link: 

1669876115531.thumb.jpg.7384bc43dc8e337a683cc2aba79ea37d.jpg

Edited by acidhead
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, acidhead said:

Hahaha... Nice try

Elon Musk officially purchased Twitter on October 27th, 2022... the day this thread was created and the last day Twitter stock was listed.

From your old link: 

Can you provide other forecasts that have been predicted since?

It's predicting three levels of forecast. None seem particularly attractive. With Elon's bad press concerning the takeover, I'd say the lower boundry is most likely. 

It can't be a drawcard for investors. ATs $8 will help though surely.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, acidhead said:

Hahaha... Nice try

From your old link: 

Apparently Twitter was losing $3 million per day before Musk bought it.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Gromdor said:

So Kanye can start his own like the Florida man did.   He has more actual money, probably doesn't have to fund raise.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Tatetopa said:

Will Twitter membership drop by 25% when all of the bots are removed?

I have no idea. Ask Elon.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

I am betting it will be more like 40%.  

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

That makes me curious. Is it even in Twitters best interest to remove bots?

The majority of twitters revenue are from ads. And advertisers probably prefer to see a larger user base 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, spartan max2 said:

That makes me curious. Is it even in Twitters best interest to remove bots?

The majority of twitters revenue are from ads. And advertisers probably prefer to see a larger user base 

But it would make zero difference to the actual revenues they pull in from advertising there as bots aren't buying anything. So if it worked for them before it'll work for them now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, F3SS said:

But it would make zero difference to the actual revenues they pull in from advertising there as bots aren't buying anything. So if it worked for them before it'll work for them now.

Advertisers pay for the number of viewers.  Take Youtube for instance- it pays about 60 cents for every 500 views.  Bots would boost this "viewer" count and increase revenue.

So in a sense you can say unbanning people who say horrible things but have everyone and their brother looking at them, brings in more money to Twitter.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, F3SS said:

Idk. I'm just trying to consider reason why Twitter may not have been motivated to aggressively get rid of it's bots previously 

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

Idk. I'm just trying to consider reason why Twitter may not have been motivated to aggressively get rid of it's bots previously 

I'd guess because advertisers were paying for the bigger looking user base. Idk either.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 12/2/2022 at 6:34 AM, Gromdor said:

How so?  Musk never said he'd allow that anything goes.  Incitement or actual threats of violence are illegal and West is acting like a nut job.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, and-then said:

How so?  Musk never said he'd allow that anything goes.  Incitement or actual threats of violence are illegal and West is acting like a nut job.

West has not ben charged with any crime...... 

Part of the problem is that Musk has been very unclear at where the red line in.  The mere fact that he is basing his decisions on twitter polls means that his red line can be manipulated by someone with an agenda and bot accounts.

• Like 3

On 12/1/2022 at 2:00 AM, itsnotoutthere said:

Apparently Twitter was losing $3 million per day before Musk bought it.

Yeah it was.  They have been losing for quite some time. Losing money and infected by a pandemic of bots, you would have to have real vision and a plan for something bigger to buy it over market value.  Maybe Elon does, a streak of genius and a smattering of childish ego too in his personality.  

Double your IQ or no money back well I dunno okay sounds ...

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

Yeah it was.  They have been losing for quite some time. Losing money and infected by a pandemic of bots, you would have to have real vision and a plan for something bigger to buy it over market value.  Maybe Elon does, a streak of genius and a smattering of childish ego too in his personality.  

Double your IQ or no money back well I dunno okay sounds ...

I do think he has an overall plan but is messing it up with his current efforts.

Imagine Twitter becoming an everything app like wechat and then combining it with Neuralink.

The ability to send messages to each other just by thinking it (or advertisements directly into people's heads), buying/selling things with a thought, opening doors or operating machines, etc.  

It's a future that is happening and Musk wants to be the guy that takes us there.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Gromdor said:

I do think he has an overall plan but is messing it up with his current efforts.

Imagine Twitter becoming an everything app like wechat and then combining it with Neuralink.

The ability to send messages to each other just by thinking it (or advertisements directly into people's heads), buying/selling things with a thought, opening doors or operating machines, etc.  

It's a future that is happening and Musk wants to be the guy that takes us there.

That is what I have been thinking too.  I have listened to his talks about the everything app.  Being a technogeek myself, it seems to me to be a very appealing idea, we all become wizards. Being a skeptical human, I see a downside too.

Listening to a few hours of Elon's musings, I am captivated.  He has a very enticing picture of a future world.  I like him, don't trust him fully, but freely admit he is a visionary.

He seems a little better at vision than  implementation.  A vision comes out of ones own head, making something happen in the world requires cooperation from other humans. 

It won't take long to find out if his ego has overestimated his ability for implementation.

• Like 1