Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Elon Musk buys Twitter

acidhead

17 minutes ago, Knob Oddy said:

Amazing that a topic about Elon Musk discovering massive crimes at Twitter, like government censorship of free speech among many, many others and you guys just talk about which social media you use.

Wait until we find out about the covid files. But im sure you guys will look at what CNN says with anonymous sources, as opposed to what Musk says, with verifiable links to what he is saying proving covert manipulation of the public 

What crimes?

Elon has made Twitter into another CNN or FOX and he has become another Hannity or Anderson Cooper.

He is giving out selected emails, to create a story.  He needs you as a subscriber.  He needs you engaged and angry to save Twitter for him and make it profitable.  It is another rich guy's scam. 

Does he lean right, probably he does and maybe you will get some benefit, but it is designed  to benefit Elon, not America or truth.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

25 minutes ago, Knob Oddy said:

Amazing that a topic about Elon Musk discovering massive crimes at Twitter, like government censorship of free speech among many, many others and you guys just talk about which social media you use.

Wait until we find out about the covid files. But im sure you guys will look at what CNN says with anonymous sources, as opposed to what Musk says, with verifiable links to what he is saying proving covert manipulation of the public 

The title of the thread is "Elon Musk  buys Twitter"   So, what crimes are you talking about?   And of course we are talking about which social media we use because a lot of us Do Not Use Twitter.  Some of us never have, some of us have only checked it out, but found it useless or uninteresting.   Do you get emotional about how others entertain themselves often?   Because that is what Twitter and other social media is, entertainment.   Some use Facebook to keep in touch with family, but if it went away, they would not just sit wondering, they have other ways of keeping in touch, just Facebook makes it easy for some.  So, what do you use social media for? And what is wrong with people not caring about Twitter?

• Like 2

6 hours ago, spartan max2 said:

I made an account a few years back because I thought it would be cool to follow some authors I like. But I've never used it since. The place was toxic then and I'm sure still is now 

I don't see it as toxic, or how it could be.

It's amusing how inconsequential opinions are said in what is effectively their out loud voice.  It's all concentrated and just turns into noise.

Bots and ads are efffectively invisible to me.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Golden Duck said:

I don't see it as toxic, or how it could be.

It's amusing how inconsequential opinions are said in what is effectively their out loud voice.  It's all concentrated and just turns into noise.

Bots and ads are efffectively invisible to me.

Perhaps it's a self control issue on my part. I couldn't help but notice people's stupid opinions and had to respond :ph34r:. I suppose I do the same on UM lol

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, spartan max2 said:

What laws were broken?

The US currently has no laws directing social media how to moderate their content or any laws banning the FBI from communicating with social media companies.

Let people know about it for sure. I've always known Twitter has a bias, just like Youtube. People can decide for themselves if Twitter was appropriately dealing with possible misinformation attempts week before election day or if Twitter was trying to help Democrats win. 

What law change would you propose to handel the situation in the future?

Answer me this.

Can the government of the United States of America legally restrict freedom of expression where no threats are made or laws are being broken?

If you believe so, how does that fit in with the first Amendment?

Further questions:

-When did you believe that "shadowbanning" was real and not a conspiracy theory?

-At what point did you realize the hunter laptop was really his and not a russian disinformation story?

Please answer genuinely, and don't deflect

Edited by Knob Oddy
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Knob Oddy said:

Answer me this.

Can the government of the United States of America legally restrict freedom of expression where no threats are made or laws are being broken?

Further questions:

-When did you believe that "shadowbanning" was real and not a conspiracy theory?

-At what point did you realize the hunter laptop was really his and not a russian disinformation story?

Twitter is not the government.   What laws were actually broken that you are talking about?   Who broke them?   You didn't answer @spartan max2's question, and I asked you the same question, but instead you just responded with seemingly irrelevant questions of your own.  

Edited by Desertrat56
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

Twitter is not the government.   What laws were actually broken that you are talking about?   Who broke them?   You didn't answer @spartan max2's question, and I asked you the same question, but instead you just responded with seemingly irrelevant questions of your own.  

You’re right, Twitter is not the government. The argument is that the government put pressure on Twitter to do something to silence certain political voices. 

• Like 2

Just now, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

You’re right, Twitter is not the government. The argument is that the government put pressure on Twitter to do something to silence certain political voices. 

Well, @Knob Oddy didn't say that, did he?   So what is the evidence that Twitter received pressure from the government?   Is it in this thread and I missed it?  (possible).   And so, is that why Elon Musk is firing people, because they let the government pressure them, or was it because they weren't doing their jobs?   It seems like Twitter is still running in spite of him slashing the staff.   

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

Well, @Knob Oddy didn't say that, did he?   So what is the evidence that Twitter received pressure from the government?   Is it in this thread and I missed it?  (possible).   And so, is that why Elon Musk is firing people, because they let the government pressure them, or was it because they weren't doing their jobs?   It seems like Twitter is still running in spite of him slashing the staff.   

Earlier in this, I think this, thread someone linked to Musk lying out the claims, with Twitter staff supporting commentary, that forces within the DNC and FBI discussed “deplatforming” certain voices.

ETA: not this thread, this one 

Edited by Sir Wearer of Hats
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

Veejay whoever, a Twitter head honcho, was meeting with the fbi weekly and monthly. It's all within the Twitter files thread. I even screenshotted and posted the snarky conversation. Go check the thread. 

21 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Earlier in this, I think this, thread someone linked to Musk lying out the claims, with Twitter staff supporting commentary, that forces within the DNC and FBI discussed “deplatforming” certain voices.

ETA: not this thread, this one 

I don't get it.  Someone is saying they attended a boring business meeting.    and then the link that @and-then posted to start another thread.   People are getting their panties in a wad over all kind of imagined sillyness.   No one is forced to go to Twitter or Facebook or Truth Social and they are private companies, if "the government" pressures them they can cave or not, but in fact it was not (NOT) "the government" it was the democratic party and the republican party, which are also private businesses.   If anyone could get that, they would understand who really is messing with our elections.  It's Not Twitter or any social media, whether the FBI is involved or not.

Edited by Desertrat56
  • Confused 1

46 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

I don't get it.  Someone is saying they attended a boring business meeting.    and then the link that @and-then posted to start another thread.   People are getting their panties in a wad over all kind of imagined sillyness.   No one is forced to go to Twitter or Facebook or Truth Social and they are private companies, if "the government" pressures them they can cave or not, but in fact it was not (NOT) "the government" it was the democratic party and the republican party, which are also private businesses.   If anyone could get that, they would understand who really is messing with our elections.  It's Not Twitter or any social media, whether the FBI is involved or not.

“Boring meeting” was a contextual piece of sarcasm, basically “this is a totally boring ordinary meeting and not the FBI telling us to shadowban someone. Totally not that.”

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

“Boring meeting” was a contextual piece of sarcasm, basically “this is a totally boring ordinary meeting and not the FBI telling us to shadowban someone. Totally not that.”

Precisely. Desertrat didn't read anything, yet at least. He said he was running out of clever ways/names to disguise the nature of his meetings with the spooks.

1 hour ago, Knob Oddy said:

Answer me this.

Further questions:

No, they are not supposed to do that.  Since Biden was not in office, we are talking about President Trump or the FBI under president Trump, possibly without his knowledge.

I am not on Twitter, so I don't know anything about shadowbanning except what I hear people say.  That is hearsay not evidence.

When the FBI verified that it was the laptop left in the repair shop and data analysis showed that it was unaltered by subsequent additions.

A crime requires an infraction of the law code and an indictment requires evidence and probable cause.

If there is probable cause, it needs to be investigated, if evidence is sufficient, an indictment issued.  As Jack Dorsey said, Elon could increase trust by publishing all emails, not just his selection.

Most of us who live in this culture have become somewhat media savy.  Conservatives often tell the left not to trust main stream media.  Good advice and for good reason.  The same applies to the right.  Breitbart or Twitter is no more true than FOX or CNN.

Elon Musk is not acting like the impartial keeper of the public square. He is acting like a media entertainer, hyping his product.  

He is already throwing out teasers, "wait till you see the covid files", "just wait till you see part two of Hunter"   That already has people all hot and bothered to hit Twitter every 10 minutes to check for new stories.. Hits make advertising dollars. Elon is not promoting truth, he is selling another media channel product.  He is producing entertainment not unvarnished truth. 

There may very well need to be an investigation.  That would be a third party like the justice department subpoenaing all Twitter  internal email files as Jack Dorsey said.  That would include any Trump  or FBI requests to remove an item and also Biden requests that were turned down.

As far as prosecuting Fauci, that also requires evidence to start and due process to proceed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, F3SS said:

Veejay whoever, a Twitter head honcho, was meeting with the fbi weekly and monthly. It's all within the Twitter files thread. I even screenshotted and posted the snarky conversation. Go check the thread. 

It was Yoel Roth, the fired former head of "Trust and Safety" who was meeting with the FBI regularly. 

He's also a homosexual and deleted tweets of his have surfaced from before he joined Twitter which show he's also a pedophile with a sick taste for underage individuals.  

15 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

I think he is playing Ringmaster to get publicity for Twitter,  big numbers and more advertising.   This might be his effort to turn things around and make a profit.  It has worked for Rupert Murdoch after all.

It seems a more dangerous game though. I think Fauci should challenge him in court over the comments, and if he is speaking of Malone and McCullough then he's dropped into Rogan's gutter. 

Fauci needs to address this IMHO and put these dumb claims into perspective. 

• Like 2

Typical fake news awards winner CNN is claiming Yoel Roth is a victim.  Old resurfaced deleted tweets show the former Twitter head of(cough cough) Trust and Safety had a thing for underage children and naturally people don't like that behavior very much.

1 hour ago, acidhead said:

It was Yoel Roth, the fired former head of "Trust and Safety" who was meeting with the FBI regularly. 

He's also a homosexual and deleted tweets of his have surfaced from before he joined Twitter which show he's also a pedophile with a sick taste for underage individuals.  

Yea my bad. The guy I was thinking of is Vijay though. VeeJay is an old MTV job lol. Still though, my point remains. 

That's gross. Are there headlines about it? I don't want to search those keywords.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, F3SS said:

Yea my bad. The guy I was thinking of is Vijay though. VeeJay is an old MTV job lol. Still though, my point remains. 

That's gross. Are there headlines about it? I don't want to search those keywords.

Vijaya Gadde is a woman for the record. She was FIRED immediately by Musk on the day the deal went through. Her role included handling issues such as harassment, misinformation, and harmful speech.

Here are some of Pedo Yoel Roth's deleted tweets ---> 

20221212_180337.jpg

20221212_175959.jpg

20221212_175833.jpg

9 minutes ago, acidhead said:

Vijaya Gadde is a woman for the record. She was FIRED immediately by Musk on the day the deal went through. Her role included handling issues such as harassment, misinformation, and harmful speech.

Here are some of Pedo Yoel Roth's deleted tweets ---> 

20221212_180337.jpg

20221212_175959.jpg

20221212_175833.jpg

Great.  Sure looks like freedom of speech to me. And smells like teen spirit.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

Great.  Sure looks like freedom of speech to me. And smells like teen spirit.

Sick

5 hours ago, Knob Oddy said:

Answer me this.

Further questions:

You asserted crimes were committed; and, were called out on it.

Don't answer a question with  question.

Simply state which laws were broken to support your assertion.

Or, admit you've got it wrong agsin.

Or, remain quiet until you think everyone's forgotten about another one of your BS claims.

You're free to choose.

Vive la liberté

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

No, they are not supposed to do that.  Since Biden was not in office, we are talking about President Trump or the FBI under president Trump, possibly without his knowledge.

I am not on Twitter, so I don't know anything about shadowbanning except what I hear people say.  That is hearsay not evidence.

When the FBI verified that it was the laptop left in the repair shop and data analysis showed that it was unaltered by subsequent additions.

A crime requires an infraction of the law code and an indictment requires evidence and probable cause.

If there is probable cause, it needs to be investigated, if evidence is sufficient, an indictment issued.  As Jack Dorsey said, Elon could increase trust by publishing all emails, not just his selection.

Most of us who live in this culture have become somewhat media savy.  Conservatives often tell the left not to trust main stream media.  Good advice and for good reason.  The same applies to the right.  Breitbart or Twitter is no more true than FOX or CNN.

Elon Musk is not acting like the impartial keeper of the public square. He is acting like a media entertainer, hyping his product.  

He is already throwing out teasers, "wait till you see the covid files", "just wait till you see part two of Hunter"   That already has people all hot and bothered to hit Twitter every 10 minutes to check for new stories.. Hits make advertising dollars. Elon is not promoting truth, he is selling another media channel product.  He is producing entertainment not unvarnished truth. 

There may very well need to be an investigation.  That would be a third party like the justice department subpoenaing all Twitter  internal email files as Jack Dorsey said.  That would include any Trump  or FBI requests to remove an item and also Biden requests that were turned down.

As far as prosecuting Fauci, that also requires evidence to start and due process to proceed.

Pretty much "under new management" and "wag the dog" rolled into one. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, psyche101 said:

It seems a more dangerous game though. I think Fauci should challenge him in court over the comments, and if he is speaking of Malone and McCullough then he's dropped into Rogan's gutter. 

Fauci needs to address this IMHO and put these dumb claims into perspective. 

"Fauci is a liar" has become such a ubiquitous meme, that I don't think anyone person could be held to account. 

• Like 2