Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Elon Musk buys Twitter

acidhead

He must be desperate for those $8 subscriptions. 

It's officially a side show alley now :rofl:

23 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

Didn't Fox News get sued for a billion dollars because of the Kracken?  Is it wise for Musk to expose Twitter to the same liability?

You tell me. I have no idea. Have whoever sued them got their billion dollars? Last time I checked you're free to say whatever the heck you want in America.

2 minutes ago, acidhead said:

You tell me. I have no idea. Have whoever sued them got their billion dollars? Last time I checked you're free to say whatever the heck you want in America.

Eh, lets check:  Latest news says that Paul Ryan will be deposed: Paul Ryan will be deposed in Dominion's $1.6 billion defamation lawsuit against Fox News over election conspiracy theories (msn.com)

Remember America has freedom speech but not freedom from consequence.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

Eh, lets check:  Latest news says that Paul Ryan will be deposed: Paul Ryan will be deposed in Dominion's $1.6 billion defamation lawsuit against Fox News over election conspiracy theories (msn.com)

Remember America has freedom speech but not freedom from consequence.

Ahh.. got it thanks buds! Why they going after him? He hates Trump.

3 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

He's on the Fox Board of Directors.   

Ok thanks. Just curious... Why the bolded B?  

On 2/1/2023 at 9:49 PM, acidhead said:

Ok thanks. Just curious... Why the bolded B?  

No idea.  Posting on UM has always been kind of odd for me.  Not sure if it the auto correct or predictive text, but I get some weird things if I don't go back and proof read.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I've been on Instagram tonight. Haven't noticed anything. Wouldn't this seem more like a hack? All these sites aren't rooted from the same place I'm sure. Must be a testing phase for the great cyber attack they keep warning about. 

15 hours ago, acidhead said:

I don't think she knows the meaning of transparency. She probably thinks of the outfits she used to wear.

• Like 1

Lauren Boebert brutalizes these Former Twitter execs.  Look at their faces, they're concerned about their futures I bet.

On 2/9/2023 at 7:36 AM, odas said:

I don't think she knows the meaning of transparency. She probably thinks of the outfits she used to wear.

In your wet dreams :rolleyes:

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, OverSword said:

In your wet dreams :rolleyes:

Oh God no!!!!!!! I have standards and she ain't meeting them. Damn you, now I have to puke.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Joe Rogan and Matt Taibbi talk about the public smear campaign against Elon Musk for reinstalling freedom of speech on Twitter:

ROGAN: "I don't think anybody ever anticipated that Twitter would get sold to an eccentric billionaire who is intent on letting all the information get released."

TAIBBI: "Elon Musk essentially spent $44 billion to become a whistleblower of his own company... I think he's got a pretty developed sense of humor. He gets a kick out of seeing all this stuff come out on Twitter."

ROGAN: "He truly believes that censored social media is a threat to democracy... And I believe it too. I just don't have $44 billion, and even if I did, I would be like, ahh, I don't want that heat."

TAIBBI: "He also believes the credibility of these companies can only be restored by telling people what they have been talking about in private with the government."

ROGAN: "The publicity campaign against him has been fascinating to watch people go from thinking Elon Musk is this savior that's bringing us these amazing electric cars and engineering new renewable rockets to he's an alt-right piece of ****."

TAIBBI: "The speed with which they can sort of shuffle somebody into the Hitler of the month club routine, right? ...He went from being the guy who made electric cars sexy to something to the right of Viktor Orbán in ten seconds. It's amazing."

• 2 months later...

We got Twitter ‘verified’ in minutes posing as a comedian and a senator

I wanted to understand what a blue check mark actually means in Musk’s new Twitter — and what we the users are getting for our money. So I asked Erskine if I could impersonate her on Twitter, and she agreed. My faux Blaire took about 15 minutes to set up with a blue check mark — and showed me Twitter “verification” doesn’t verify much of anything at all. A blue check mark no longer means somebody is who they say they are — and that makes Twitter a much less reliable source of information.