Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Elon Musk buys Twitter


acidhead
 Share

Recommended Posts

Now I hear Mr. Trump saying he will stay on Truth Social.  Maybe he doesn't want to play second fiddle to Elon.  Better to reign on Truth Social than serve on Twitter I guess.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

I am a sadly ignorant non-Twitter user, so I don't know what people are expecting.  Will Mr. Trump's  tweets be more truthy on Twitter than on Truth Social?  Will more people see them and if so, why didn't all of those people sign up for Truth Social and keep it from tanking?  Anybody see any irony in the "public square" being a private enterprise owned by a single individual?

Elon has been trying to reassure advertisers that Twitter won't turn into a hell scape.  If Trump supporters don't buy enough merchandise from advertisers will Trump be banned again?  That is quite a power position for Elon, like holding Trump for ransom. 

How is this going to fix the echo chambers?

 

Yeah I don’t know anything about using Twitter either. From what I’ve seen it’s a dumpster fire. 
 

Trump said he isn’t going back to Twitter. Nor do I think truth social tanked. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, WVK said:

False flag operation 

While there IS a possibility that the Tweet was real, it is even more plausible that the haters of Trump/Musk would cheerfully spew hate under bot accounts.  Let those who are seriously offended, find a new platform.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, and-then said:

While there IS a possibility that the Tweet was real, it is even more plausible that the haters of Trump/Musk would cheerfully spew hate under bot accounts.  Let those who are seriously offended, find a new platform.

That is kinda what the advertisers did not want to hear, and not in line with what Elon wanted to create out of Twitter.  OK  assume it is likely that we have bots and Trump/Elon haters posting.  Are Elon/Trump lovers saying, it was not us, but if you don't like it go somewhere else? It just becomes another silo which is what Elon was trying to avoid.

Why waste time arguing with bots?  It just becomes another computer game, but not my circus, not my monkeys.  Go for it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Eldorado said:

There will be a transition and for a while Twitter might get a bit messy. But it will come out much better in terms of freedom of speech under Musk.

Edited by Occult1
  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Eldorado said:

GOOD. 
Scream loud and clear that you’re a ****** and exactly the sort of person to ignore. And anyone who doesn’t want to hear that crap can stick them all on ignore.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Twitter is going to become an even worse hellscape of bigotry and hatred than before, and it'll be cheered on by the smooth brains, like always. 

Edited by Occupational Hubris
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This could open a market for a new social media app I guess. Everything Elon touches becomes uncool. Like a teenager seeing their parents in an RPG. Or anything parents find cool  instantly to young people it's not cool. Elon is like that with people in general. Maybe it's Elon's dad bod. I dunno. 

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

This could open a market for a new social media app I guess. Everything Elon touches becomes uncool. Like a teenager seeing their parents in an RPG. Or anything parents find cool  instantly to young people it's not cool. Elon is like that with people in general. Maybe it's Elon's dad bod. I dunno. 

 

Quote

Tesla - Statistics & Facts

Published by   Sep 16, 2022

Founded in 2003 and headquartered in California, Tesla ranked as the most valuable automotive brand worldwide as of June 2022 and within the fifteen most valuable brands across all industries in 2021. That same year, Tesla led the plug-in electric vehicle market in sales. Most of its models are electric passenger cars, particularly sedans and crossover vehicles. However, plans to release Tesla's first electric light-duty truck in 2023 are underway after various production pushbacks. Globally, Tesla's vehicle deliveries reached a record 935,950 units in 2021 and have been steadily growing year-over-year as of the second quarter of 2022 despite the global automotive semiconductor shortage.

Read More...

Tesla's are so uncool B) Stick to fossil fuels, boycott Electric Cars and bankrupt Elon Musk!  

No description available.

I seem to remember you liking Blackadder, but if I'm getting you mixed up with someone else and don't get the reference, Topper and Smedley aren't all bad (they were the Scarlet Pimpernel after all) :lol: 

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, Paranoid Android said:

Tesla's are so uncool B) 

SpaceX is so uncool B) 

Starlink is so uncool B) 

:D 

 

 

 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

But Bill Gates is cool. :lol:

  • Haha 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

That is kinda what the advertisers did not want to hear, and not in line with what Elon wanted to create out of Twitter.  OK  assume it is likely that we have bots and Trump/Elon haters posting.  Are Elon/Trump lovers saying, it was not us, but if you don't like it go somewhere else? It just becomes another silo which is what Elon was trying to avoid.

Why waste time arguing with bots?  It just becomes another computer game, but not my circus, not my monkeys.  Go for it.

No one yet has any idea HOW he plans to moderate the site.  I'm not into Twitter so it doesn't affect me but the Truth Social site was inundated with the same kind of nonsense early on.  There are a lot of politicized zombies out there who make it a mission in life.  To ignore that is to buy into their hate.  Anyone who really could not see the blatant censorship against the conservative Right going on at Twitter is a person who didn't WANT to be aware of it.  The very fact that the restraints have been removed and all viewpoints potentially having an equal chance is what's causing the wailing and gnashing of teeth.  I suspect Elon's venture will do just fine.  Of course, that's IF our Federal government doesn't decide to lock him down with restrictions - "for the greater good".  

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, and-then said:

No one yet has any idea HOW he plans to moderate the site.  I'm not into Twitter so it doesn't affect me but the Truth Social site was inundated with the same kind of nonsense early on.  There are a lot of politicized zombies out there who make it a mission in life.  To ignore that is to buy into their hate.  Anyone who really could not see the blatant censorship against the conservative Right going on at Twitter is a person who didn't WANT to be aware of it.  The very fact that the restraints have been removed and all viewpoints potentially having an equal chance is what's causing the wailing and gnashing of teeth.  I suspect Elon's venture will do just fine.  Of course, that's IF our Federal government doesn't decide to lock him down with restrictions - "for the greater good".  

Do you remember President Trump talked about banning TikTok because it was a Chinese run media site and might pose national security risks? It is possible that a government might investigate a site and how closely connected they are to China or another foreign power.  It doesn't mean they will wind up banning them though.

As for the rest, like you, I am a Twitter non-user so I really don't care too much.  At the same time, I have no awareness of conservative censorship on the site, so yeah, as a disinterested party, I didn't pay any attention. I don't know if it is true or not.  But, as you say, there are a lot of political zombies out there.

People who get offended by someone cursing their race or religion might leave the site, whether that affects revenues or total users significantly, I wouldn't predict. But I don't think there are a lot of liberals using 4chan or 8chan or Parler.  If a lurker breaks into a high school girls beauty stream and call them all cu*** and tells them they should learn to cook and please a husband, and Twitter is OK with that as an alternative view, then they will also probably find another place to go.  

 

 

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

Do you remember President Trump talked about banning TikTok because it was a Chinese run media site and might pose national security risks? It is possible that a government might investigate a site and how closely connected they are to China or another foreign power.  It doesn't mean they will wind up banning them though.

As for the rest, like you, I am a Twitter non-user so I really don't care too much.  At the same time, I have no awareness of conservative censorship on the site, so yeah, as a disinterested party, I didn't pay any attention. I don't know if it is true or not.  But, as you say, there are a lot of political zombies out there.

People who get offended by someone cursing their race or religion might leave the site, whether that affects revenues or total users significantly, I wouldn't predict. But I don't think there are a lot of liberals using 4chan or 8chan or Parler.  If a lurker breaks into a high school girls beauty stream and call them all cu*** and tells them they should learn to cook and please a husband, and Twitter is OK with that as an alternative view, then they will also probably find another place to go.  

 

 

 

Irony.

  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, Paranoid Android said:

Tesla's are so uncool B) Stick to fossil fuels, boycott Electric Cars and bankrupt Elon Musk!  

:rolleyes:

Other people make cooler electric cars. The kia a EV6 is even cooler.

They aren't for me. Hyped up mobility scooters. I'm waiting for hydrogen. 

Not very environmentally friendly to make are they. 

19 hours ago, Paranoid Android said:

No description available.

I seem to remember you liking Blackadder, but if I'm getting you mixed up with someone else and don't get the reference, Topper and Smedley aren't all bad (they were the Scarlet Pimpernel after all) :lol: 

 

I sure do, big fan. 

But considering their role, they seem to be making my point? 

As for the Tesla truck, remember this? 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ6f_IQ7U52i7_DfaqwueA

 

I've never seen one on the road. Have you? 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, acidhead said:

SpaceX is so uncool B) 

Starlink is so uncool B) 

:D 

 

 

 

Pfffffft so behind the times.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

As purely an investment, is it even smart to buy Twitter?

Hasn't their usership been dropping amongst gen Z for some years now. Which would imply a poor future for it.

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

:rolleyes:

Other people make cooler electric cars. The kia a EV6 is even cooler.

They aren't for me. Hyped up mobility scooters. I'm waiting for hydrogen. 

Not very environmentally friendly to make are they. 

I sure do, big fan. 

But considering their role, they seem to be making my point? 

As for the Tesla truck, remember this? 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ6f_IQ7U52i7_DfaqwueA

 

I've never seen one on the road. Have you? 

I appreciate you have an opinion on how cool the Kia EV6 is. Maybe it is,  in some ways.  The link I provided demonstrates that most people who buy electric cars think Tesla is the best option (#1 market share by a long way,  and continuing to break records),  which is pretty much opposite to your claim that anything from Musk becomes uncool. 

I guess I'm trying to get to the bottom of what makes the richest man on earth and seller of the largest share of electric vehicles on the planet such an "uncool" guy that everything he touches (well, Twitter,  at least) gains an indelible stench.  

Edited by Paranoid Android
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

As purely an investment, is it even smart to buy Twitter?

Hasn't their usership been dropping amongst gen Z for some years now. Which would imply a poor future for it.

Hi Spartan

Maybe he is going to use it for an advertising platform for his products and ideas. He can express ideas through other people by funding and supporting research and development then promote them?

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Paranoid Android said:

I appreciate you have an opinion on how cool the Kia EV6 is. Maybe it is,  in some ways.

Meh, cooler than a Tesla. Not a big hurdle. I'm not an electric car fan. I have no intention of getting one at all. Regardless of manufacture. 

18 minutes ago, Paranoid Android said:

  The link I provided demonstrates that most people who buy electric cars think Tesla is the best option (#1 market share by a long way,  and continuing to break records),  which is pretty much opposite to your claim that anything from Musk becomes uncool. 

It dominates what, 1-2% of the overall market? With little competition until very recently? I know my son and his friends thought they were ultra cool when they came out. Not so much anymore. Overpriced hyped up mobility scooters. Pffft.

 

Again. That silly looking truck ute. It was supposed to be pretty popular by all counts too yeah? 

I'm assuming your non answer is a no, you haven't seen one either?

18 minutes ago, Paranoid Android said:

I guess I'm trying to get to the bottom of what makes the richest man on earth and seller of the largest share of electric vehicles on the planet such an "uncool" guy that everything he touches (well, Twitter,  at least) gains an indelible stench.  

If you have to ask that, I don't think I can help you. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.