Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Elon Musk buys Twitter

acidhead

On 4/23/2023 at 6:38 AM, acidhead said:

Maybe not.

Twitter is reportedly waiving the $1,000 monthly verification fee for its 10,000 most-followed organizations, amid backlash that the new cost is 'outlandish'

The top organizations on Twitter, however, will be exempt from this charge, The New York Times reported Thursday. Twitter's top 500 advertising clients and 10,000 most-followed organizations that already had verification before will see their verification fees waived, according to the Times, which cited an internal document.

• 3 weeks later...

Thank goodness.

I sure hope she isn't another loudmouth right wing knucklehead like Musk. With some luck she might bring some respect back to the platform without Herr Musk at the wheel of that sinking ship. 

I wonder if he will be able to shut up now for a bit. He will struggle I bet.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

Thank goodness.

I sure hope she isn't another loudmouth right wing knucklehead like Musk. With some luck she might bring some respect back to the platform without Herr Musk at the wheel of that sinking ship. 

She is supposed to be an advertising genius.  She is right wing, but business comes first.  I think she is being hired to be the mom and clean up after Elon and fix his screwups.  Twitter needs to start generating a lot more revenue. 

Question is, can Elon handle the blow to his ego if she throws out most of his changes.?

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

She is supposed to be an advertising genius.  She is right wing, but business comes first.  I think she is being hired to be the mom and clean up after Elon and fix his screwups.  Twitter needs to start generating a lot more revenue. 

Question is, can Elon handle the blow to his ego if she throws out most of his changes.?

I would suspect that Elon would hand pick someone to carry his torch? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, psyche101 said:

Thank goodness.

Are you on Twitter if you don’t mind me asking?

1 hour ago, Tatetopa said:

Or suspends his account :lol: 

Were I her I might do that for a day just to see if he has a sense of humor 

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Or suspends his account :lol: 

Were I her I might do that for a day just to see if he has a sense of humor 

Hi OverSword
If he gets suspended he can post at Trumps quasi truth app maybe even buy it off him.

1 hour ago, psyche101 said:

I would suspect that Elon would hand pick someone to carry his torch? 

He made somebody to pull his chestnuts out of the fire, a professional manager and real CEO.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Are you on Twitter if you don’t mind me asking?

Sort of. Have an account like many but don't post there. Made it years ago, forgot I had it till recently. 

May I ask why you ask? 

Because for all the outrage about Musk concerning Twitter on this site there seems to be very few members so just curious 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, OverSword said:

Because for all the outrage about Musk concerning Twitter on this site there seems to be very few members so just curious 

Musk was the quiet rocket guy. That was cool. Then he opened his mouth. 

That's where it all changed. 

1 minute ago, acidhead said:

Tough talk from the wealthiest man in the world lol

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Why defend yourself in court?

Twitter’s own lawyers refute Elon Musk’s claim that the ‘Twitter Files’ exposed US government censorship

The communications unearthed as part of the Twitter Files do not show coercion, Twitter’s lawyers wrote, “because they do not contain a specific government demand to remove content—let alone one backed by the threat of government sanction.”

https://www.cnn.com/2023/06/06/tech/twitter-files-lawyers/index.html

• Like 1

Elon Musk adds a couple more words to slur list on Twitter. Repeated, targeted harassment will result in, at minimum, temporary suspensions. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

On 5/15/2023 at 1:38 AM, psyche101 said:

Thank goodness.

:w00t:

2 hours ago, acidhead said:

Elon Musk adds a couple more words to slur list on Twitter. Repeated, targeted harassment will result in, at minimum, temporary suspensions. 

This is the same guy who said he was all about "Free speech absolutism". 

What a joke 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, acidhead said:

I thought he was stepping down thanks to his poll? 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

OK all of you Twitter experts, what is going on with the limiting of tweets?  Is it just  to gain money from subscribers or is the system  struggling?