Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Paul Pelosi, husband of Nancy Pelosi, beaten with hammer at home

OverSword

1 hour ago, joc said:

I completely agree...and yet...on the other side of the equation thought it was absolutely hilarious when a comedian woman held up an effigy of a beheaded Trump.  So, yeah...do hypocrites only exist on one side of the political spectrum.  paleeze

Everybody's gonna do it, no matter which political side you come from , the issue is deeper than politics. Dems , Repubs , They will still do all this stuff (mainly speaking about lawmakers here), .Everybody's gonna discuss , maybe argue here  about who's better or which side will do better. But does it really matter?

Edited by razman
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, preacherman76 said:

So a one time incident makes it the norm now? Over reacting just a little here??

I think you are missing the point. "the norm" was directed towards "it's becoming/being acceptable" for people to physically go after political opponents and their families.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, odas said:

The same people thinking this is funny were outraged when, I believe it was Brett Kavanaugh, was threatened at his Home.

Any smily face, for either one attack is just disgusting. How low can people go? And then the same people are calling for "freedom, justice, law and order"? Hipocryts.

Exactly. It's disgusting. 

• Like 6

When hate is sown by politicians the harvest will be much worse. Welcome to the beginning of the end of the land of the free. 

• Like 7

42 minutes ago, razman said:

Everybody's gonna do it, no matter which political side you come from , the issue is deeper than politics. Dems , Repubs , They will still do all this stuff (mainly speaking about lawmakers here), .Everybody's gonna discuss , maybe argue here  about who's better or which side will do better. But does it really matter?

First of all...I have no idea who Brett Kavanaugh...secondly,  you don't either...and that's a good thing!  It means probably...you aren't programmed.  You are absolutely right...it is deeper than politics...it's waaaay deeper than politics...at this point it is genetic.  And has been for generations...if your parents are Democrat...you will be a Democrat.  If your parents are Republicans...you will be a Republican.  It's part of our belief box...has nothing to do with  politics.

And you are also right, the members of Congress are going to bicker back and forth and call each other Satan and EVERY freaking election is the most important election in our life time...it's all laughable and NONE of it matters.

Here is what matters though...the Main Stream Media sides with the Democrats and portrays the other side as just short of demonic.  And both sides play along with the Media because ultimately it is another huge way to divide the American people.  

The truth is we have always been divided...a lot of people in the New World wanted King George to come and establish the Monarchy in the New World.  A lot of people wanted George Washington to be King.  And both sides of Congress have been bickering since the beginning...nothing new.  What is new is that the News Media has become Propaganda Media for Washington D.C.  and because virtually the entire country is instilled into one party or the other from birth...now Half the country hates, literally hates the other half for their political views, and vice versa.  

I don't hate anyone.  But those who listen to the Media are programmed by the media.  The only way not to be programmed is to tune out the programming.  Gone are the days when being informed meant listening to the news.  That is what matters.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, joc said:

First of all...I have no idea who Brett Kavanaugh...secondly,  you don't either...and that's a good thing!  It means probably...you aren't programmed.  You are absolutely right...it is deeper than politics...it's waaaay deeper than politics...at this point it is genetic.  And has been for generations...if your parents are Democrat...you will be a Democrat.  If your parents are Republicans...you will be a Republican.  It's part of our belief box...has nothing to do with  politics.

And you are also right, the members of Congress are going to bicker back and forth and call each other Satan and EVERY freaking election is the most important election in our life time...it's all laughable and NONE of it matters.

Here is what matters though...the Main Stream Media sides with the Democrats and portrays the other side as just short of demonic.  And both sides play along with the Media because ultimately it is another huge way to divide the American people.  

The truth is we have always been divided...a lot of people in the New World wanted King George to come and establish the Monarchy in the New World.  A lot of people wanted George Washington to be King.  And both sides of Congress have been bickering since the beginning...nothing new.  What is new is that the News Media has become Propaganda Media for Washington D.C.  and because virtually the entire country is instilled into one party or the other from birth...now Half the country hates, literally hates the other half for their political views, and vice versa.  

I don't hate anyone.  But those who listen to the Media are programmed by the media.  The only way not to be programmed is to tune out the programming.  Gone are the days when being informed meant listening to the news.  That is what matters.

You sound programmed. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, MGB said:

You're right. Mitch McConnell did and Kevin McCarthy so far. Hopefully more will.

I hope so, too... and that they'll speak in moderate terms.  We need to return to the days when instead of mockery, our politicians could offer expressions of unity and sympathy that reach across the aisle... instead of standing like a bunch of yaks, rear end to their policies and horns out toward everyone else.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, joc said:

...at this point it is genetic.  And has been for generations...if your parents are Democrat...you will be a Democrat.  If your parents are Republicans...you will be a Republican.  It's part of our belief box...has nothing to do with  politics.

I'd dispute that, and I think many others here would as well.  My parents (heck, my family) are staunch Republicans and the same is true of my husband's family.  We're both Democrats, however.

Here is what matters though...the Main Stream Media sides with the Democrats and portrays the other side as just short of demonic. 

I would dispute that.  The sources I use (including BBC and Al Jazeera) are carefully chosen because they are judged to be relatively impartial.  I read sources that lean both a tiny bit left and a tiny bit right.  The centrist media (CNN, MSNBC, Times, BBC, Wall Street Journal, etc) tend to not portray either side as extremes and unless you're reading an op-ed, the language is generally neutral or trending neutral.

If you're rejecting all mainstream media as false... that means you're relying on sources that may not have as good a reach for investigative journalism and may be even more biased.

What is new is that the News Media has become Propaganda Media for Washington D.C.  and because virtually the entire country is instilled into one party or the other from birth...now Half the country hates, literally hates the other half for their political views, and vice versa.  

Okay... so... let me ask this (politely... not setting up a trap.  I'm curious.) -- if you don't trust the news, then how are you getting information about the world?  From people reacting to news stories?  Isn't that still getting the news from mainstream - even if it's fourth hand?  I can judge the neutrality of a piece (or a site) by the words used.

So I'm curious - how do you filter the information about Things Happening In The World so that you aren't getting a view poisoned by one side or the other?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

As much as I disagree with this kind of violence, as a means to an end, I do ponder why more people upset at society, don't go after the lawmakers, instead of the schools, malls, parades, etc.  Why harm the innocent civilians?

If the entire U.S. Congress and Senate were whiped out by a meteor or a comet in the coming weeks, I doubt many Americans would shed a tear.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, HandsomeGorilla said:

'party of law and order' 

lol

Holly Figueroa O'Reilly on Twitter: "@RepMTG AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA defund  the FBI LOL OMG the schadenfreude is deeeeelicious. #tre45on  https://t.co/MlNbf6zq2c" / Twitter

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Kenemet said:

I hope so, too... and that they'll speak in moderate terms.  We need to return to the days when instead of mockery, our politicians could offer expressions of unity and sympathy that reach across the aisle... instead of standing like a bunch of yaks, rear end to their policies and horns out toward everyone else.

Even McCain corrected a woman duringa town hall when she accused Obama of being a muslim. Said he disgreed with his policies, butr that he was a decent, family man. 

• Like 6

3 hours ago, joc said:

.the Main Stream Media sides with the Democrats and portrays the other side as just short of demonic.

Sounds a bit extreme.Actually , quite a bit extreme 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, razman said:

Sounds a bit extreme.Actually , quite a bit extreme 

Another example of the demonization. Anyone who disagrees is an extremist. 

Heck I was reading some of the January 6 papers from the DOJ. They have gotten judges to sign off on indefinite detention on people, not from what they did, but for their “extremist views”. 

People are rotting in jail, without charge, for wrong think. That’s extremism. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, odas said:

The same people thinking this is funny were outraged when, I believe it was Brett Kavanaugh, was threatened at his Home.

Any smily face, for either one attack is just disgusting. How low can people go? And then the same people are calling for "freedom, justice, law and order"? Hipocryts.

While I am glad they got the guy and hope he faces many years in prison, I have to point out. 

You pointed out the hypocrisy of people getting enjoyment out of this (not me), it does go both ways.  The same people who were smiling when Kavanaugh was threatened at his home are now outraged by this.  It goes both ways.  

i hope something that comes out of this is the left being tougher on crime.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Kenemet said:

I would dispute that.  The sources I use (including BBC and Al Jazeera) are carefully chosen because they are judged to be relatively impartial.  I read sources that lean both a tiny bit left and a tiny bit right.  The centrist media (CNN, MSNBC, Times, BBC, Wall Street Journal, etc) tend to not portray either side as extremes and unless you're reading an op-ed, the language is generally neutral or trending neutral.

i was in agreement until this part.   If you believe that, then they already have you snookered.  It would be like someone saying that Fox News does not portray either side as extreme.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

https://archive.ph/2022.10.28-234405/https://www.sfchronicle.com/crime/article/What-we-know-about-David-DePape-man-accused-of-17542056.php%23photo-23098482

So it turns out he may not have been the maga supporter it’s claimed he is. Member of the Green Party. Had blogs condemning right wing conspiracies. Lived as a nudist in San Francisco. 

hmm

• Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Myles said:

While I am glad they got the guy and hope he faces many years in prison, I have to point out. 

You pointed out the hypocrisy of people getting enjoyment out of this (not me), it does go both ways.  The same people who were smiling when Kavanaugh was threatened at his home are now outraged by this.  It goes both ways.  

i hope something that comes out of this is the left being tougher on crime.

The left being tougher on crime? How about the criminal system being just regardles from what party? It should not matter from what side a criminal comes but it is far to obvious that the American criminal justice system is not just. All is based on your "cast" position, skin color, party affiliation. The hate inbetween Americans can be compared to the hate of two seperate countries.

Why? Because you take party over country, one religion over faith, one skin color over humanity. Guys, my dear American friends, neighbours, you have become of what the real free world is scared off. You are becoming the new ayatollah country.

Seriously, you got to stop that. Both. Left and right.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Kenemet said:

I'd dispute that, and I think many others here would as well.  My parents (heck, my family) are staunch Republicans and the same is true of my husband's family.  We're both Democrats, however.

If you're rejecting all mainstream media as false... that means you're relying on sources that may not have as good a reach for investigative journalism and may be even more biased.

Okay... so... let me ask this (politely... not setting up a trap.  I'm curious.) -- if you don't trust the news, then how are you getting information about the world?  From people reacting to news stories?  Isn't that still getting the news from mainstream - even if it's fourth hand?  I can judge the neutrality of a piece (or a site) by the words used.

So I'm curious - how do you filter the information about Things Happening In The World so that you aren't getting a view poisoned by one side or the other?

Rule #1...there are no set rules in concrete.  So, what you are actually disputing is the concrete...  Generally speaking, the majority of people take on their parents beliefs...political, societal, and religious.  Rule #1 applies to everything said about anything.  I am talking about the majority...not the exceptions.  When we get to the age of reason, many do find their own way out of the box of beliefs they were born into.  Most do not.

Most of the news I get  right here on this forum.  And I get local news from my weather app on my phone.  But I don't have 'television' coming into my house.  There is a huge difference between watching sitcoms or dramas or movies on NefFlix and listening to 24/7/365 news coverage of the Queen's death for instance.  What really is the news in that story?  The news is:  The Queen of England has died.  So, I am aware of what the news 'stories' are.  I know what is going on in the world.  Russia invaded Ukraine.  That is the news.  It's a war.  That is the news.   But the Main Stream News including the outlets you described, BBC et al, go on and on and on discussing every aspect in microscopic fashion...everything one can think of to broadcast...no stone left unturned,  every hour of every day...

...so what, people want to know stuff...fine, dandy, marvelous...but there is this little thing called The Narrative...and The Narrative determines HOW the broadcasters present the stories they are telling...and it is so subtle...they are trained broadcasters, how to talk, what inflections to use, facial expressions, etc.  And they are paid to 'read' a teleprompter and they are paid to insert The Narrative into the story line every chance they get.  

The Narrative is the Propaganda.  So, we wind up with the AP setting The Narrative for virtually every news outlet in the world.  You asked where I get my news, and you told me where you get your news, they are both the same.  Where does CNN, ABC, NBC, CBS, BBC, MSNBC, MSN, where do any of them get the news...from the AP (Associated Press Feed).

People listen to the news for entertainment.  They may not realize it but they do.  Because the news story itself is very boring.  The Queen is dead.  Okay.  I'm sorry. Can I go on with my life now because I am not dead?  NO!  Don't you want to know all of the 'stuff' we are going to tell you?  All the juicy details, and what to think about all of it...you don't really have the intelligence to figure all this out for yourself...you need for us to tell you how you should think and how you should feel about everything that happens in the world.  We are trained to do that so listen to us and don't even try to figure it all out for yourself because, quite frankly, you are way to stupid.  We have the resources, we have the legitimacy, we have the outlets, the cameras, the reporters, the networks, the narrative...you have nothing except the meanderings of your insufficient thought process so ...NO...you can only get on with your life by listening to us...all the time...be informed...

They call it programming for a reason.

25 minutes ago, odas said:

The left being tougher on crime? How about the criminal system being just regardles from what party?

Do you deny that the left has been putting laws in place to be softer on crime?

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Myles said:

Do you deny that the left has been putting laws in place to be softer on crime?

What crimes specificly? 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, joc said:

First of all...I have no idea who Brett Kavanaugh...secondly,  you don't either...and that's a good thing!  It means probably...you aren't programmed. 

That's not really a good thing. Like, he is one of our supreme court justices. I don't think it's good to be under informed.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, spartan max2 said:

That's not really a good thing. Like, he is one of our supreme court justices. I don't think it's good to be under informed.

Who was the 27th President of the United States?  Don't look it up.  Just wondering how informed  you really are.  What possible difference does it make  to know who the Supreme Justices are?  I don't appoint them, I have no control over them.  It is beyond your and my scope of ability to influence or direct the Supreme Court...so how then is being under informed by not knowing such trivia a bad thing?  Please name all of the Supreme Court Justices in alphabetical order.  Don't look it up.  Also list their age, and which University they attended and what their spouses names are, and also list the names of their dog or cat if they have one.  What difference does it make?  None! It isn't important to know who the Supreme Court Justices are.  It is however very important to know how to think.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, joc said:

Who was the 27th President of the United States?  Don't look it up.  Just wondering how informed  you really are.  What possible difference does it make  to know who the Supreme Justices are?  I don't appoint them, I have no control over them.  It is beyond your and my scope of ability to influence or direct the Supreme Court...so how then is being under informed by not knowing such trivia a bad thing?  Please name all of the Supreme Court Justices in alphabetical order.  Don't look it up.  Also list their age, and which University they attended and what their spouses names are, and also list the names of their dog or cat if they have one.  What difference does it make?  None! It isn't important to know who the Supreme Court Justices are.  It is however very important to know how to think.

I don't know who the president was a 100 or so years ago off the top of my head lol.

Brett is a current supreme court justice who was appointed not long ago.

Who you vote into the Senate decides who appointed the supreme court justice. So it's worthwhile knowing who they appoint to inform future voting on if their appointments made reasonable decisions or are wack jobs.

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

I don't know who the president was a 100 or so years ago off the top of my head lol.

Brett is a current supreme court justice who was appointed not long ago.

Who you vote into the Senate decides who appointed the supreme court justice. So it's worthwhile knowing who they appoint to inform future voting on if their appointments made reasonable decisions or are wack jobs.

You are completely wrong sir.  If you don't know that the President appoints Supreme Court Justices you are really not all that informed are you?  I rest my case.

• Confused 1