Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Paul Pelosi, husband of Nancy Pelosi, beaten with hammer at home

OverSword

Fgfb75wWAAELfSm-809x1024.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Myles said:

I blame the left more than the right for the violence in this country.  

The suspect was an illegal immigrant from Canada.  Been here 14 years.  Even more concerning is how he got the job on the TV show My Name Is Earl.

(Left) Paul Pelosi and Nancy Pelosi attend the Pre-GRAMMY Gala. (Right) David DePape

image.png

Hi Myles

Observations of conversations here do not support your comment both left and right are feeding the violence in your country. You will never reach common ground spouting rhetoric about the other guy when you are just as guilty

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Myles

Observations of conversations here do not support your comment both left and right are feeding the violence in your country. You will never reach common ground spouting rhetoric about the other guy when you are just as guilty

I agree that both party's are poorly run and promote violence.  I don't see an end to it either.  Just my opinion that the left tends to promote violence and divisiveness more.  

2 minutes ago, Myles said:

I agree that both party's are poorly run and promote violence.  I don't see an end to it either.  Just my opinion that the left tends to promote violence and divisiveness more.  

Hi Myles

But actively calling them out as being more violent without curbing the same deficiency in your preferred party then you are not looking for objective results and feed the divide where no resolution can be made. It is a two way street.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Doug1066 said:

It is not about which side is right (or left).  It's about the kind of country we want to live in.  Is violence to be our means of political discourse, or are we a civilized people?

I blame the right only to the extent that prominent "leaders" do not speak out against the violence.

Doug

When Rand Paul was attacked in a REAL attack, many people celebrated it. Including Nancy and Paul's daughter posting on Twitter.

Now there's a fake attack and your worried about the state of the country?

Go count some trees

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Myles

But actively calling them out as being more violent without curbing the same deficiency in your preferred party then you are not looking for objective results and feed the divide where no resolution can be made. It is a two way street.

It is interesting that you didn't reply to Doug when he said "I blame the right".

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Myles said:

It is interesting that you didn't reply to Doug when he said "I blame the right".

Hi Myles

Actually I didn’t see his post and am not picking sides because both sides to refuse to accept the deficiencies in their own side and address them and without change all either side does is continue to cry about what a pos the other side is.

When I made a change in my life about it’s direction was because I changed what my goals were and wasn’t about forcing the other side to adapt.

To me government is nothing more than property managers that can be changed. The perceptions of many people are that the government are going to kiss your booboo and make everything right which is a self delusion. For the rest that have a guilty conscience and think their government is watching their every move all I can say is quit doing things you feel guilty about.

Criminals are no different than alcoholics or saved again Christians as they can still quit committing crime just like some get forgiveness from god and still admitting they are a sinner or not drinking anymore and still say they are an alcoholic. I have listened to you tell me what a pos criminals are and yet I have that life up decades ago. My experience in life is very different than you and many other members here so I will see things differently than you do. I don’t close my ears or mind to what any of you say because I come here mostly to observe as well as discuss so keep an open mind. Yes I could have gotten a pardon and hide my past many years ago but don’t because I am not cut that way my past is my past not my pride or shame. I have worked in the homes of judges, politicians, prosecutors, and billionaires who all knew my past as well as my present and it has never been a problem.

I don’t live in fear of what anyone might or could do to me I don’t depend on anyone and can always take care of myself.

Edited by jmccr8
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, itsnotoutthere said:

e.g. ?

Trump and McCarthy waited three days before saying anything and then both offered weak objections.

Doug

59 minutes ago, Knob Oddy said:

When Rand Paul was attacked in a REAL attack, many people celebrated it. Including Nancy and Paul's daughter posting on Twitter.

Go count some trees

Nancy and her daughter should both have denounced the violence in strong terms.  Now it has come home to roost.  Now just which attack was fake?

Doug

56 minutes ago, Doug1066 said:

Nancy and her daughter should both have denounced the violence in strong terms.  Now it has come home to roost.  Now just which attack was fake?

Doug

Smollett and Pelosi.

I'm not saying smollett didn't have a noose on his neck, or Paul didn't get hit by a hammer. Just that the story as to how and why it happened is absolute BS.

2 hours ago, Knob Oddy said:

Go count some trees

What did Nancy post on Twitter ?

15 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

What did Nancy post on Twitter ?

Can you read English? Nancy's daughter. Why are you trying to nit pick one sentence? 

Defend the narrative that this nudist, hemp jewelry making BLM supporter is an ultra maga

• Haha 1

It really doesn't matter whose fault it is this time.  Because last time it was the other side's fault.  This blame game isn't going to stop the violence.

Doug

1 minute ago, Knob Oddy said:

Can you read English? Nancy's daughter. Why are you trying to nit pick one sentence? 

Defend the narrative that this nudist, hemp jewelry making BLM supporter is an ultra maga

Speaking of nudists:  we had a nude motorcyclist riding through town last night.  Police were chasing him, but he managed to lay the cycle down and run for it before they caught up.  At any rate, out there somewhere is a nude ex-motorcyclist, now on foot.

Oh, yes, they him him the streak,

Fastest thing on two feet....

Doug

2 minutes ago, Knob Oddy said:

Lol slow down there buddy. 

Was an honest mistake. I read "Nancy and Pauls daughter" as Nancy pelosi and Paul's daughter. Didn't know you meant both of their kids. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Myles

Actually I didn’t see his post and am not picking sides because both sides to refuse to accept the deficiencies in their own side and address them and without change all either side does is continue to cry about what a pos the other side is.

When I made a change in my life about it’s direction was because I changed what my goals were and wasn’t about forcing the other side to adapt.

To me government is nothing more than property managers that can be changed. The perceptions of many people are that the government are going to kiss your booboo and make everything right which is a self delusion. For the rest that have a guilty conscience and think their government is watching their every move all I can say is quit doing things you feel guilty about.

Criminals are no different than alcoholics or saved again Christians as they can still quit committing crime just like some get forgiveness from god and still admitting they are a sinner or not drinking anymore and still say they are an alcoholic. I have listened to you tell me what a pos criminals are and yet I have that life up decades ago. My experience in life is very different than you and many other members here so I will see things differently than you do. I don’t close my ears or mind to what any of you say because I come here mostly to observe as well as discuss so keep an open mind. Yes I could have gotten a pardon and hide my past many years ago but don’t because I am not cut that way my past is my past not my pride or shame. I have worked in the homes of judges, politicians, prosecutors, and billionaires who all knew my past as well as my present and it has never been a problem.

I don’t live in fear of what anyone might or could do to me I don’t depend on anyone and can always take care of myself.

I have said that both parties are full of scoundrels.  How is that not accepting the the deficiencies?

I don't have as much patience with criminals as you do.  Especially people who steal others stuff.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Doug1066 said:

It is not about which side is right (or left).  It's about the kind of country we want to live in.  Is violence to be our means of political discourse, or are we a civilized people?

I blame the right only to the extent that prominent "leaders" do not speak out against the violence.

Doug

Edited by itsnotoutthere
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, itsnotoutthere said:

I agree. But to think it will change anything is probably naive. These people live in the same world you and I do, so they are willfully ignoring the truth.

To think that the likes of Doug will watch this, recognize the irony of the speech vs the actions of his supporters and change his mind is to not understand human psychology.

Its easier to fool the people then to convince them that they have been fooled

1 minute ago, Knob Oddy said:

I agree. But to think it will change anything is probably naive. These people live in the same world you and I do, so they are willfully ignoring the truth.

To think that the likes of Doug will watch this, recognize the irony of the speech vs the actions of his supporters and change his mind is to not understand human psychology.

Its easier to fool the people then to convince them that they have been fooled

As I said, each side can marshal a long list of grievances.  And those are all irrelevant to stopping the violence.

Doug

Just now, Doug1066 said:

As I said, each side can marshal a long list of grievances.  And those are all irrelevant to stopping the violence.

Doug

You vote for people who don't condemn the violence in that clip. 

You vote for people who think that THIS particular violence is ok.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, Knob Oddy said:

You vote for people who don't condemn the violence in that clip. 

You vote for people who think that THIS particular violence is ok.

Neither side's violence is acceptable.  I'm tired of living in a country where people think that beating each other up is polite political discourse.

Doug

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Doug1066 said:

Neither side's violence is acceptable.  I'm tired of living in a country where people think that beating each other up is polite political discourse.

Doug

Why vote for them then?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Doug1066 said:

Looks like the right intends to stamp out democracy in America.

Doug

You're right Oddy, he didn't watch it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Knob Oddy said:

Why vote for them then?

Who you gonna vote for if not one of the major parties?

Both sides condone the violence.  But only one side has policies.

Doug

• Like 1
  • Confused 1