Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Paul Pelosi, husband of Nancy Pelosi, beaten with hammer at home

OverSword

5 minutes ago, itsnotoutthere said:

You're right Oddy, he didn't watch it.

No.  I watched it.  But it was posted by a right-winger.  That's what I meant by the right is trying to stamp out democracy in America.  Only someone who supported the overthrow of American democracy would post such a thing.

BUT:  if you want to see REAL right-wing violence, watch what happens when Donald Trump gets charged with a crime, an event likely to occur within the next three months.

Doug

Edited by Doug1066
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Just now, Doug1066 said:

Who you gonna vote for if not one of the major parties?

Both sides condone the violence.  But only one side has policies.

Doug

That is simply not true. 

One side says violence is ok if your battling "systemic oppression".

The other side distances itself from violent elements, like say Republicans and jan 6th. Anyone who was violent that day needs to be held to account. The vast majority were literally peaceful protesters.

To equate the 2 is to be woefully ignorant of the political statements made by candidates from both sides.

But if you seriously feel that neither side is anti violence, don't vote for them. Protest vote

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Doug1066 said:

No.  I watched it.  But it was posted by a right-winger.  That's what I meant by the right is trying to stamp out democracy in America.  Only someone who supported the overthrow of American democracy would post such a thing.

BUT:  if you want to see REAL right-wing violence, watch what happens when Donald Trump gets charged, an event likely to occur within the next three months.

Doug

You defy logic. The post literally shows the lefts violent approach to democracy & you use it to refer to right 'stamping out' democracy. I think thats what's known as 'gaslighting'.

Edited by itsnotoutthere
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, Doug1066 said:

BUT:  if you want to see REAL right-wing violence, watch what happens when Donald Trump gets charged with a crime, an event likely to occur within the next three months.

Doug

Do you think you could find 1 minute of footage of maga inspired riots, violence and arson to go along with bidens speech which is in anyway comparable to that clip?  It would prove what Biden is saying, but it doesn't exist. 

Democrats watched that violence and claimed it was justified because of trump

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Knob Oddy said:

Do you think you could find 1 minute of footage of maga inspired riots, violence and arson to go along with bidens speech which is in anyway comparable to that clip?  It would prove what Biden is saying, but it doesn't exist. 

Democrats watched that violence and claimed it was justified because of trump

Which side turned up to a rally with a gallows again?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

A political prop? It's been used at protests everywhere. Even Jacinda Ardern brought a guillotine to a protest of the former prime Minister and proceeded to use it to cut up pictures of politicians. She's now a liberal media darling all over the world

The "gallows" in question wouldn't even work on a child, let alone an adult. Or did I miss a few lynchings?

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Myles said:

I have said that both parties are full of scoundrels.  How is that not accepting the the deficiencies?

I don't have as much patience with criminals as you do.  Especially people who steal others stuff.

Hi Myles

Okay and what part of your political position are you willing to negotiate objectively and without prejudice. In part that would include speaking to others in an encouraging manner without blaming or insulting the other persons position.

As far as your comment about criminals I don’t have a soft stand but have a better understanding about how racism and bigoted attitudes affect the cause of crime.

I didn’t steal from people I sold pot which is now legal I also kicked some a$$ when I had to just because I have a criminal record doesn’t mean I have no ethics the same ethics I still use in both my business and personal life.

15 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

NINTCHDBPICT000604649571.thumb.webp.a965df5fea13d5e7e4243e1cb2df019c.webp

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

41 minutes ago, Doug1066 said:

Doug

Stamp out democracy you say....hmmm.

Left-wing outfit sent fake White supremacists with tiki torches to pose as Glenn Youngkin supporters

https://www.foxnews.com/media/lincoln-projects-viral-hoax-smearing-youngkin-campaign-marks-latest-embarrassment-for-disgraced-group

Edited by itsnotoutthere
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, itsnotoutthere said:

NINTCHDBPICT000604649571.thumb.webp.a965df5fea13d5e7e4243e1cb2df019c.webp

I have to say that I'm not against political props being used in this manner. They aren't real and don't pose a danger at protests.

Freedom of expression and freedom of speech can include mock violence, just as movies can show fake violence without anyone being charged for their "intent".

What would the charge be? Hurting an effigy?

• Like 1

Just highlighting the hypocracy.

Edited by itsnotoutthere
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Knob Oddy said:

You vote for people who don't condemn the violence in that clip. 

You vote for people who think that THIS particular violence is ok.

You don't vote for anyone who condemns the violence in that clip.

1 hour ago, Knob Oddy said:

The "gallows" in question wouldn't even work on a child, let alone an adult. Or did I miss a few lynchings?

All it takes is a rope.

Doug

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

42 minutes ago, itsnotoutthere said:

Stamp out democracy you say....hmmm.

Left-wing outfit sent fake White supremacists with tiki torches to pose as Glenn Youngkin supporters

https://www.foxnews.com/media/lincoln-projects-viral-hoax-smearing-youngkin-campaign-marks-latest-embarrassment-for-disgraced-group

I'd try to confirm that report somewhere besides Faux News.  They don't have the world's greatest reputation for truth.

Doug

Some of you are missing the point:

Political violence is unacceptable any time, any place.

All your arguments about someone else being violent do not justify the violence you perpetuate with your justifications.

It is NOT OK, no matter who else did what.

Doug

• Like 1

Just now, Doug1066 said:

It is NOT OK, no matter who else did what.

Doug

Yes. We all agree. Violence is not acceptable. So whats the argument?

1 hour ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Was that the miniature gallows that would barely hang a child? Or the one that was built without a trapdoor? Or the one that had a tin of beans wrapped in orange duct tape as a noose? 

Oh wait, there was only one gallows and it fit all these criteria! It was a fake prop used to protest. The people who broke the law on January 6 should be charged and dealt with,  but this was just political theatre!

Edited by Paranoid Android
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

REVEALED: Gunman opened fire at Republican candidate's North Carolina home while his children were sleeping - as Democrat is forced to drop campaign ad he filmed in front of the property in heated race

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11387801/amp/Shots-fired-Republican-candidate-Pat-Harrigans-North-Carolina-home.html

• Like 1

I just heard this on the news. Pelosi's attacker is a Canadian in the US illegally. WTH?

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/immigration/suspect-paul-pelosi-attack-was-us-illegally-immigration-officials-say-rcna55441

https://www.cnn.com/2022/11/03/politics/david-depape-paul-pelosi-attack/index.html

WashingtonCNN — 

David DePape, the man accused of violently attacking Paul Pelosi last week, was in the United States illegally and may face deportation, the Department of Homeland Security said late Wednesday.

“U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) lodged an immigration detainer on Canadian national David DePape with San Francisco County Jail, Nov. 1, following his Oct. 28 arrest,” the department said.

ICE issues so-called immigration “detainers” to federal, state, and local law enforcement agencies to inform them that the agency intends to take custody of an individual and requests that ICE be notified before that individual is released.

The detainer is unlikely to affect DePape’s case since deportations often happen after criminal cases are resolved. But after conviction and prison sentence, the US normally would seek deportation.

Edited by susieice
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, susieice said:

I just heard this on the news. Pelosi's attacker is a Canadian in the US illegally. WTH?

We do have our own share of wingnuts (as proven  by the so called 'Freedom Rally" in Ottawa earlier this year).

Sometimes they filter down south (sorry).

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Likely Guy said:

We do have our own share of wingnuts (as proven  by the so called 'Freedom Rally" in Ottawa earlier this year).

Sometimes they filter down south (sorry).

He was a refugee from Nickelback.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, jmccr8 said:

As far as your comment about criminals I don’t have a soft stand but have a better understanding about how racism and bigoted attitudes affect the cause of crime.

You are certainly more understanding towards thugs who rob innocent people and many times violently hurt them.   I don't think racism plays much of a part in their criminal actions.   Many white people are thugs who do the same.  

• Like 1