Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Paul Pelosi, husband of Nancy Pelosi, beaten with hammer at home

OverSword

15 hours ago, Knob Oddy said:

Yes. We all agree. Violence is not acceptable. So whats the argument?

Then why are people trying to argue that it is?

Doug

8 minutes ago, Doug1066 said:

Then why are people trying to argue that it is?

Doug

Why are you?

Just now, Hammerclaw said:

Why are you?

I am arguing that violence is NOT acceptable political discourse.

Apparently a lot of people on this site can't read.

Doug

Just now, Doug1066 said:

I am arguing that violence is NOT acceptable political discourse.

Apparently a lot of people on this site can't read.

Doug

We can read your hate speech and derogatory defamations against Republicans, quite well, although you seem unable to back up your baseless assertions with actual acts of violence. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Doug1066 said:

What goes around, comes around:

https://www.carolinajournal.com/shooting-at-nc-14-gop-candidate-pat-harrigans-home-family-uninjured/

So which side will the next attacker be on?

Doug

What are you referring to?   What went around and came back around?

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Myles said:

Just part of the Left's disinformation campaign, trying to portray the Pelosi attack as somehow inspired by Republicans. 

The attacker was not a MAGA member; he did not support the "insurrection" of Jan. 6; and he was never even a Republican.

But David DePape, 42, was a known nudist activist who his ex-girlfriend says was also a progressive and mentally ill.

DePape was arrested on suspicion of attempted murder, elder abuse and burglary for having bludgeoned Paul Pelosi, 82, with a hammer, fracturing his skull.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

We can read your hate speech and derogatory defamations against Republicans, quite well, although you seem unable to back up your baseless assertions with actual acts of violence. 

In the past I have occasionally used derogatory terms for those who want to overthrow the Constitution and democracy.  Do you really need more examples than J6?  Are you unable to read the title of this thread?

And I have argued that those who are attacked by police have the right to defend themselves by vigilante action, if necessary.  I admire BLM for their restraint in dealing with that.

But if we are to keep from descending into a state of perpetual violence, we must all denounce that violence.  I am doing so here and now.

Doug

10 minutes ago, Myles said:

Violence from the right against Paul Pelosi was met with violence from the left against Pat Harrigan.

Both attackers are probably mental cases, but that's how the "revolution" will begin, regardless of which side starts it.

Doug

1 minute ago, Doug1066 said:

In the past I have occasionally used derogatory terms for those who want to overthrow the Constitution and democracy.  Do you really need more examples than J6?  Are you unable to read the title of this thread?

And I have argued that those who are attacked by police have the right to defend themselves by vigilante action, if necessary.  I admire BLM for their restraint in dealing with that.

But if we are to keep from descending into a state of perpetual violence, we must all denounce that violence.  I am doing so here and now.

Doug

Doesn't mean a thing if your hate speech continues. According to your logic, that could simply inspire further violence. You are denouncing violence out one side of your mouth then justifying violence against law enforcement out of the other. You blithely ignore the hundreds of millions of dollars of damage and murders committed by Left Wing rioters preceding the last election. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

Just part of the Left's disinformation campaign, trying to portray the Pelosi attack as somehow inspired by Republicans. 

The attacker was not a MAGA member; he did not support the "insurrection" of Jan. 6; and he was never even a Republican.

But he still subscribed to a right-wing philosophy.  You are known by the company you keep.

7 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

But David DePape, 42, was a known nudist activist

What has nudism got to do with it?

7 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

his ex-girlfriend says was also a progressive and mentally ill.

I concur.

8 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

DePape was arrested on suspicion of attempted murder, elder abuse and burglary

And well he should be.

Doug

2 minutes ago, Doug1066 said:

Violence from the right against Paul Pelosi was met with violence from the left against Pat Harrigan.

Both attackers are probably mental cases, but that's how the "revolution" will begin, regardless of which side starts it.

Doug

You have no proof that Depape was a Republican.   You are fine with making up and spreading fake news?   That is sad and desperate.   It is also sad that you seem to get joy out of a family that could have been killed.  Typical Democrat.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Myles said:

You have no proof that Depape was a Republican. 

Who said he was a Republican?

I said he was a right-winger.  Are all right-wingers Republican?

Doug

Just now, Doug1066 said:

Which fake news is that?

Doug

Just about anything you post.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Doug1066 said:

Who said he was a Republican?

I said he was a right-winger.  Are all right-wingers Republican?

Doug

he's a left winger.

• Thanks 1

Be specific.  We can't discuss your imagination.

Doug

Why not? We're forever discussing yours.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Myles said:

You are certainly more understanding towards thugs who rob innocent people and many times violently hurt them.   I don't think racism plays much of a part in their criminal actions.   Many white people are thugs who do the same.  

Hi Myles

What part of I am not soft on criminals are you having a problem understanding?I absolutely think people should be accountable for their actions. You are blind with self virtue if you cannot understand how racist attitudes and bigotry push people into crime. Do you think a 15-16 year old First Nations girl that has seen many doors closed to her because she is not white and has had a family member turn her out in the street to sell herself under threat not a victim! They tell her from the time she is born how white hate her and whites prove it with their actions and words.

I as a white person was treated with the very same racist attitudes as First Nations people and you have no idea what it’s like or what you are talking about but the your just another white guy that broadbrushes people. I am not saying the to put you down it is a fact given the type of mindless comments you make. Do you know what it is like to walk down the street and have a bunch of white guys drive by and throw their beer bottles at you while yelling racist remakes? I do and a whole lot more. While you look down your nose at people I spent time to help several girls out of the life and have driven them to other cities to people I knew that would help them now some of them are nurses, real estate sales people and the one girl got a degree in journalism that I helped coach and keep a positive attitude while going through university then she got a job with the government and travelled to many other countries as a representative. Cry all you want if that is all you are capable of or buck up and be part of the solution that is your choice I made mine a long time ago.

Edited by jmccr8
I hate typing on a phone
  • Like 1

Are we not discussing the guy who attacked Paul Pelosi?

Doug

yep.   More of the lefts violence, but this time the victim was a Democrat.   Somewhat ironic, eh?

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Myles said:

yep.   More of the lefts violence, but this time the victim was a Democrat.   Somewhat ironic, eh?

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2022/11/04/david-depapes-online-posts-hate-speech-twitter-and-qanon-murder/8261404001/

DePape's online posts indicate he was a right-winger, not left.  He was a Canadian in the country illegally.

So what is so unusual about right-wing violence?

Doug

• Like 2