Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Paul Pelosi, husband of Nancy Pelosi, beaten with hammer at home


OverSword

Recommended Posts

40 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

They'll just conveniently get amnesia, act like they never had a conspiracy and move on to the next one.

Which conspiracy? That they were banging eachother or that the perp was a maga guy?

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, F3SS said:

Which conspiracy? That they were banging eachother or that the perp was a maga guy?

I dunno....Paul Pelosi is probably too busy counting his cash from prescient trading decisions, or DUI'ing his Porsche, to be partaking in homoerotic hijinks with the local weirdo.  #bestandbrightest #governmeharder

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, F3SS said:

Which conspiracy? That they were banging eachother or that the perp was a maga guy?

The conspiracy the he was Paul's gay lover or some dumb ****. Just glance through this thread to see who said that.

 

As for the MAGA thing 

Quote

They said that Mr. DePape did not act on account of Ms. Pelosi’s official duties as a member of Congress — a required element of the charges against him — but rather as part of a larger plot, fueled by online conspiracy theories, to take down a cabal of so-called liberal elites that he saw as a threat to American liberty.

Depapas own lawyers defense was that he didn't attack Pelosi specifically for performing her duties but because of far right conspiracies lol

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/16/2023 at 8:24 PM, spartan max2 said:

As for the MAGA thing 

Depapas own lawyers defense was that he didn't attack Pelosi specifically for performing her duties but because of far right conspiracies lol

LOL - no, his attorneys' specific interest in preventing their client's conviction had zero to do with the asserted defense.

Meteors.

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Cho Jinn said:

LOL - no, his attorneys' specific interest in preventing their client's conviction had zero to do with the asserted defense.

Meteors.

The defense provided evidence and examples of Depapas views and far right conspiracy theories. A funny line of defense but not much else they could have tried other than plead insanity I guess. 

The jury ruled that it dosen't matter what his beliefs are or motivation for the crime. It was still the same crime.

https://www.kqed.org/news/11966865/defense-focuses-on-conspiracy-theories-in-first-day-of-trial-over-attempted-nancy-pelosi-kidnapping

It's pretty funny the gymnastics you will do to deny that someone was a right wing conspiracy nut lol

 

 

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

So to summarize the thread.

Some of the usual far right members on this site pushed the conspiracy that Pelosi attacker was Paul's secret gay lover or some ****. (For far right people it always has something to do with LGBT people I guess). 

That conspiracy was shown to be flat out wrong but none of them will ever admit their mistake. They will move on to the next dumbass conspiracy.

The "conspiracy" that Pelosis attacker was some far right conspiracy nut was accurate.  What a shock.

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/18/2023 at 9:10 AM, spartan max2 said:

(For far right people it always has something to do with LGBT people I guess). 

 

It's AWALYS projection

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/18/2023 at 9:10 AM, spartan max2 said:

So to summarize the thread.

Some of the usual far right members on this site pushed the conspiracy that Pelosi attacker was Paul's secret gay lover or some ****. (For far right people it always has something to do with LGBT people I guess). 
 

We didn’t push a conspiracy. We went with the information we had at the time. 

On 11/18/2023 at 9:10 AM, spartan max2 said:

That conspiracy was shown to be flat out wrong but none of them will ever admit their mistake. They will move on to the next dumbass conspiracy.

The "conspiracy" that Pelosis attacker was some far right conspiracy nut was accurate.  What a shock.

Yea it was wrong. And was horrific. Believing he was a right wing conspiracist is just as inaccurate. Like you just ignore all the crap that proved beyond any doubt he was a mentally ill left wing lunatic, how did you say it? You just moved on from all that and believe the first thing that tells you what you want to believe. 

  • Confused 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, preacherman76 said:

We didn’t push a conspiracy. We went with the information we had at the time. 

 

You simply ate up what right wing media told you to believe. Just like And Then, it dosen't matter how often those end up outrageously wrong, you'll not use it as a time to self reflect and instead will move on to the next conspiracy. Human egos and all that jazz.

 

Quote

Yea it was wrong. And was horrific. Believing he was a right wing conspiracist is just as inaccurate. Like you just ignore all the crap that proved beyond any doubt he was a mentally ill left wing lunatic, how did you say it? You just moved on from all that and believe the first thing that tells you what you want to believe. 

Idk what you're going on about.

I on the other hand am going off of the actual court case. They shared his Internet use and interviews. He was a right wing conspiracy nut who believes democrats stole the election from Trump and wanted to "break her knee caps" until she "told the truth."

He had a list of other democrat targets after her.

 

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

.

Edited by spartan max2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Agent0range said:

This thread should be required reading for new members.  It shows exactly how the far right operate.

There is a reason I bumped it after DePape was convicted.

Heck, the words out of this mouth just after smashing an old man's head in with a hammer could come from any number of people on this very forum.

Quote

The lies are insane. People in Washington. It originates with Hillary. Honestly, day in and day out, the person on TV lying every day was Pelosi. It’s ****ing insane the crime spree the Democrats have been on, persecuting the rival campaign

 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, preacherman76 said:

Believing he was a right wing conspiracist is just as inaccurate.

Just to get my two cents in...

Believing ANYTHING is a sure bet that one has absolutely no idea what they are talking about. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, joc said:

Just to get my two cents in...

Believing ANYTHING is a sure bet that one has absolutely no idea what they are talking about. 

Believing that believing anything is a sure bet that one has absolutely no idea what they are talking about is a sure bet that one has absolutely no idea what they are talking about.

And so on and so forth.

  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/18/2023 at 6:08 AM, spartan max2 said:

The defense provided evidence and examples of Depapas views and far right conspiracy theories. A funny line of defense but not much else they could have tried other than plead insanity I guess. 

 

Wasn't he a hippie that made hemp jewelry or something?  Kind of funny that his lawyers cite "far right" :rolleyes: conspiracy theories.  Sounds like a legal argument for sure, I bet he never supported one republican, conservative or fascist in his life.  The truth is the guy is a mentally imbalanced person and reason can not be attributed to his actions.  Both sides attempts to politicize this is ridiculous. since his motives are imbalanced then his thinking process it too.  They should have plead insanity as I would say that  part of this is pretty obvious eh?

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Wasn't he a hippie that made hemp jewelry or something?  Kind of funny that his lawyers cite "far right" :rolleyes: conspiracy theories.

He was, indeed, until he saw the light as to how the left was a source of evil. DePape was the one saying these things.

5 minutes ago, OverSword said:

  Sounds like a legal argument for sure, I bet he never supported one republican, conservative or fascist in his life.

Well, you'd lose that bet. The difficulty with asymmetric information. Reading is fun.

5 minutes ago, OverSword said:

  The truth is the guy is a mentally imbalanced person and reason can not be attributed to his actions.  Both sides attempts to politicize this is ridiculous. since his motives are imbalanced then his thinking process it too.  They should have plead insanity as I would say that  part of this is pretty obvious eh?

While it might be tempting to say that his beliefs are those of a mentally imbalanced person, such a position would also implicate a good chunk of this forum and unfortunately, the body politic in general. His brain was certainly scrambled by the right wing online rabbit hole. For additional examples, see portions of this thread.

While I tend to agree that his actions and beliefs are the product of mental issues, where does that leave us when people on here spout the exact same rhetoric? It should make you think.

An insanity plea would have been pretty funny, though not useful as a defense. "Your honor, just listen to the **** this dumbass says, he's clearly insane." A little awkward for the people here who espouse the same beliefs, though.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Doc Socks Junior said:

Well, you'd lose that bet. The difficulty with asymmetric information. Reading is fun.

37 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Link?

 

22 minutes ago, Doc Socks Junior said:

While it might be tempting to say that his beliefs are those of a mentally imbalanced person, such a position would also implicate a good chunk of this forum

:lol:

edit to add the observation that Nancy Pelosi is not actually on the left

Edited by OverSword
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/26/2023 at 6:07 AM, preacherman76 said:

mentally ill left wing lunatic

I just did a search for DePape's background and came up empty.  How did you conclude he was mentally ill and how did you conclude he was left wing?

Doug

Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Wasn't he a hippie that made hemp jewelry or something?  Kind of funny that his lawyers cite "far right" :rolleyes: conspiracy theories.  Sounds like a legal argument for sure, I bet he never supported one republican, conservative or fascist in his life.  The truth is the guy is a mentally imbalanced person and reason can not be attributed to his actions.  Both sides attempts to politicize this is ridiculous. since his motives are imbalanced then his thinking process it too.  They should have plead insanity as I would say that  part of this is pretty obvious eh?

And Then said it was a "conspiracy "that this guy was a far right conspiracy nut (as a lame defense of the disproven far right conspiracy thar depapas was pauls gay lover or whatever). My responses were in response to that mostly.

His list of targets were all Democrats and they shared his most listen to podcasters which when I looked them up where all definitely far right people. 

I don't really selling hemp jewelry really means anything in that context. 

They didn't plead insanity because they had no proof he suffered psychotic symptoms. I'd say anyone who does violence I probably unhinged though. But if someone's truly believes that the election was stolen by fraud ballots from a deep web conspiracy then it really isn't that crazy to try to act in response to it violently. 

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Link?

Well, I know how you don't like reading links, so I thought I'd spare you. But if you insist...

https://www.cbsnews.com/sanfrancisco/news/david-depape-testifies-paul-pelosi-hammer-attack-trial/

It's almost uncanny how DePape mirrors people on here. There's a reason transmissible brain worms are a good image to describe the brain rot phenomenon taking hold.

8 minutes ago, OverSword said:

:lol:

edit to add the observation that Nancy Pelosi is not actually on the left

From your lips to God's ears, but I don't think such things are distinguishable in the media diet of people like DePape.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

And Then said it was a "conspiracy "that this guy was a far right conspiracy nut (as a lame defense of the disproven far right conspiracy thar depapas was pauls gay lover or whatever). My responses were in response to that mostly.

His list of targets were all Democrats and they shared his most listen to podcasters which when I looked them up where all definitely far right people. 

I don't really selling hemp jewelry really means anything in that context. 

They didn't plead insanity because they had no proof he suffered psychotic symptoms. I'd say anyone who does violence I probably unhinged though. But if someone's truly believes that the election was stolen by fraud ballots from a deep web conspiracy then it really isn't that crazy to try to act in response to it violently. 

I just assume that anyone willing to attack a stranger they've never met that is not a politician over politics is unhinged.  Dude breaks into someone's home in his underwear for crying out loud.  Also a Canadian living in a van in a foreign country obsessed with politics of a nation he should not even be in.  He's nuts.  I will not be convinced otherwise. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Doc Socks Junior said:

Well, I know how you don't like reading links, so I thought I'd spare you. But if you insist...

https://www.cbsnews.com/sanfrancisco/news/david-depape-testifies-paul-pelosi-hammer-attack-trial/

It's almost uncanny how DePape mirrors people on here. There's a reason transmissible brain worms are a good image to describe the brain rot phenomenon taking hold.

From your lips to God's ears, but I don't think such things are distinguishable in the media diet of people like DePape.

Quote

 

The 43-year-old DePape described in detail his far-fetched plan to single-handedly "take down" a series of high-profile figures that have been demonized over the year in right-wing media. During his testimony, DePape burst into tears when he was asked about transitioning from being "left-wing" to becoming more conservative.  

"Biased against Trump"

"At that time I was biased against Trump. But there's, like, truth there," he said, sobbing. "So if there's truth out there that I don't know, I want to know it."

 

Yes, perfectly sane reasonable guy :yes:  Definite right winger.  Not imbalanced but rather well thought out and very republican :tu:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, OverSword said:

I just assume that anyone willing to attack a stranger they've never met that is not a politician over politics is unhinged.  Dude breaks into someone's home in his underwear for crying out loud.  Also a Canadian living in a van in a foreign country obsessed with politics of a nation he should not even be in.  He's nuts.  I will not be convinced otherwise. 

Hmmm. Reminds me of some people. :whistle: 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, OverSword said:

Yes, perfectly sane reasonable guy :yes:  Definite right winger.  Not imbalanced but rather well thought out and very republican :tu:

I don't think he's sane and reasonable. Or well-balanced. I assume you're being sarcastic.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Doc Socks Junior said:

I don't think he's sane and reasonable. Or well-balanced. I assume you're being sarcastic.

He's unhinged. 

I'm mostly just pointing out to y'all that the legal definition of insanity is different than what we would consider.

Legally speaking the guy couldn't be ruled as insane because he didn't suffer from psychotic symptoms. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.