Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Paul Pelosi, husband of Nancy Pelosi, beaten with hammer at home

OverSword

2 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

He's unhinged. 

I'm mostly just pointing out to y'all that the legal definition of insanity is different than what we would consider.

Legally speaking the guy couldn't be ruled as insane because he didn't suffer from psychotic symptoms. 

I think it's more a question of competence.  Certainly he is unbalanced and probably could be helped with counseling and medication but that does not mean he can't be held responsible for his actions.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Doc Socks Junior said:

I assume you're being sarcastic.

Yes I'm just arguing that he being left or right is not a real factor.  It would have been one thing or another that set him off eventually IMO 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, OverSword said:

I think it's more a question of competence.  Certainly he is unbalanced and probably could be helped with counseling and medication but that does not mean he can't be held responsible for his actions.

If he trusted that therapist won't evil leftist groomers or whatever lol.

For insanity it's a couple different things they consider like 1. Orientation: was he aware of the time, date, his name, what year it was etc. 

2) psychotic symptoms. Did he hear voices, sees hallucinations, etc. Manic symptoms like not sleeping for 5 days straight.

Or 3) delusions. Which are believing absolutely irrational things like aliens implants wires in his brain for the government to constantly read his thoughts.  One could argue his conspiracy theories were delusions but it's a hard sell to do that when significant portions of society believe and preach his same conspiracies. Such as our former president even.

(I know you're not arguing this. I'm just saying as an FYI for people)

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, OverSword said:

Wasn't he a hippie that made hemp jewelry or something?  Kind of funny that his lawyers cite "far right" :rolleyes: conspiracy theories.  Sounds like a legal argument for sure, I bet he never supported one republican, conservative or fascist in his life.  The truth is the guy is a mentally imbalanced person and reason can not be attributed to his actions.  Both sides attempts to politicize this is ridiculous. since his motives are imbalanced then his thinking process it too.  They should have plead insanity as I would say that  part of this is pretty obvious eh?

Yoo brought your Occam's Razor, and it was weird that Doc Socks Junior laughed at you. It's just like when muh experts mention that Killer A hates (fill in minority group), but they "forget" to mention that he hates Donald Trump and the MAGA movement too. Psychological illnesses aren't the elephants in the room. They're the dinosaurs in the cabinet.

On 11/26/2023 at 10:37 AM, spartan max2 said:

You simply ate up what right wing media told you to believe. Just like And Then, it dosen't matter how often those end up outrageously wrong, you'll not use it as a time to self reflect and instead will move on to the next conspiracy. Human egos and all that jazz.

No I just listened to conversations between the police and a dispatcher. 

On 11/26/2023 at 10:37 AM, spartan max2 said:

Idk what you're going on about.

I on the other hand am going off of the actual court case. They shared his Internet use and interviews. He was a right wing conspiracy nut who believes democrats stole the election from Trump and wanted to "break her knee caps" until she "told the truth."

He had a list of other democrat targets after her.

Of course you don’t know what “I’m going on about”. It’s what you folks do. Ignore everything that doesn’t fit the agenda. And latch on to anything that might. If he is a right wing nut job, he turned into one after he went to jail. 

• 5 months later...
Posted (edited)

Canadian David DePape sentenced to 30 years for attacking Paul Pelosi

The man convicted of attempting to kidnap then-House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and attacking her husband with a hammer was sentenced Friday to 30 years in prison. Judge Jacqueline Scott Corley handed down the sentence for David DePape, 44, whom jurors found guilty last November of attempted kidnapping of a federal official and assault on the immediate family member of a federal official. Prosecutors had asked for a 40-year prison term.

DePape, who grew up in Powell River, B.C., before moving to the U.S., was given 20 years for one count and 30 years for another count. The sentences will run concurrently. He was also given credit for the 18 months that he's been in custody.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/david-depape-sentence-30-years-paul-pelosi-1.7207839

Edited by Kittens Are Jerks
Minor correction.
  • Thanks 1