Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

A healthy grieving process

LightAngel

When we can laugh and smile at a difficult situation then we will make it easier for ourselves, and the people around us to cope with the challenge.

However, there are times when we need to face the pain so we can come out on the other side as more mature and strong. Every now and then we have to face pain because we will learn from it. If we don't face the pain when we need to do it, then we will spend our whole life running away from it. And that will create a lot of problems because people who never face their pain will often be addicted to drugs or other things (I don't judge them because life can be very hard for all of us, and getting lost can happen to all of us) - a true friend will always remind you to come back to the healthy road if you are lost and astray.

Our society often doesn't give people the time they need to heal properly because everything is going too fast.

We need to change that because people should be able to get the peace they need if, for example, a loved one dies. A grieving process takes time and peace, and if you don't or can't have the peace you need to heal then you might get trapped in the pain for the rest of your life.

It is my experience that the best way to help people who are grieving is to listen to them.

Many life experiences can cause grief, and we all grieve differently because we are different.

What do you do when you or someone close to you are grieving?

I was thinking that maybe this topic might help someone, maybe someone needs some good energy and to be reminded of how wonderful this world can be if we help each other.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, LightAngel said:

What do you do when you or someone close to you are grieving?

If it's a death, saying sorry about your loss means a great deal even if you aren't close. I think just being with the close person, getting them out and about, hug them and just let them know you care and that they have a supporting friend.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

When we go through grief then we go through many different stages, the last stage of acceptance can only come if you have a healthy grieving process. While we grieve then it's important to take breaks from the process (because it's too hard to feel the pain all the time) - so doing something you love is also important.

When I lost my father, I took extra care of my mother, and that way we both helped each other to heal. I should add that I always take care of my mother because we always had a good relationship. 

My husband and I invited my mother out a lot more than usual so she could have some positive experiences and get a break from the pain.

@openozy: Thank you for always being so empathetic.

@Alchopwn: I am very sorry for your loss.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 5 weeks later...
On 10/29/2022 at 4:53 AM, LightAngel said:

Many life experiences can cause grief, and we all grieve differently because we are different.

Grief isnt a one size fits all and the right answer isnt either,  im not a subscriber to the saying "what doesnt kill us makes us stronger" in many cases it can do permanent damage to a person ptsd is proof of that.

Time passes wounds can heal over but scars are left as memories, so as badly as i do feel for a hurring grieving person i dont think there are magical words that make it better then again like i said one size doesnt fit all and i very well might just be too damn jaded numb and cynical to see the forests for the trees.

I guess cold comfort is still comfort.