Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Man becomes seriously ill after eating live crab in revenge for it pinching his daughter

Still Waters

A man in China became seriously ill after eating a live crab in an apparent act of revenge after the crustacean nipped his child with one of its pincers, Zhejiang Television reported on Monday.

The 39-year-old man named Lu from Zhejiang in eastern China was angered after a small crab attacked his daughter and decided to take revenge on the creature by swallowing it alive, according to doctors who treated him. The man went to a hospital with serious back pain two months later.

An initial checkup indicated pathology changes in his chest, abdomen, liver and digestive system, but his doctor was unable to identify the exact cause. It was not until Lu’s wife recalled the crab-eating incident two months prior that doctors discovered was the source of the pain.

https://www.scmp.com/news/people-culture/trending-china/article/3197174/i-wanted-revenge-chinese-man-becomes-seriously-ill-parasitic-infections-after-eating-live-crab

• Haha 4
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

• The title was changed to Man becomes seriously ill after eating live crab in revenge for it pinching his daughter

The sheer stupidity in this world never ceases to amaze me. What rational human would think he could 'punish' a crab by eating it? Oh, they're out there and they continue to breed........I fear for the future, ladies and gentlemen, and even duct tape won't help. :cry:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mr Guitar said:

The sheer stupidity in this world never ceases to amaze me. What rational human would think he could 'punish' a crab by eating it? Oh, they're out there and they continue to breed........I fear for the future, ladies and gentlemen, and even duct tape won't help. :cry:

I assume that he did it suddenly in an affect, without any forethought.

Very good I wish he was more ill, this is how covid started dammit....

• Confused 1

On 10/30/2022 at 7:16 PM, qxcontinuum said:

You wish he was more ill?    Seems like a crappy thing to do.   While he did a stupid thing, it doesn't mean he is a bad guy.  

He should have just crushed it or tore it apart.

• Like 1

Guest chiron613
On 10/30/2022 at 6:16 PM, qxcontinuum said:

I can pretty much guarantee you that COVID didn't start with a crustacean.

On 11/1/2022 at 7:36 AM, Myles said:

You wish he was more ill?    Seems like a crappy thing to do.   While he did a stupid thing, it doesn't mean he is a bad guy.  

Well then if another kid bites his daughter while playing, would he eat the kid too? What's the difference if he had anger issues? 

9 hours ago, qxcontinuum said:

Well then if another kid bites his daughter while playing, would he eat the kid too? What's the difference if he had anger issues? 

What's the difference between a crab and a child?   If that needs to be explained to you then something is not right in your head.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, qxcontinuum said:

He might you never know who lives or is walking through your neighborhood, there certainly are cannibals roaming around out there!:wacko:

On 11/1/2022 at 8:36 PM, Myles said:

No actually he is a dumb ass, anyone who attacks a living sea creature ( except for Octopus because they taste better if you eat them live :D ) with his teeth out of anger certainly has a screw loose!:yes:

Edited by Grim Reaper 6

40 minutes ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

No actually he is a dumb ass, anyone who attacks a living sea creature ( except for Octopus because they taste better if you eat them live :D ) with his teeth out of anger certainly has a screw loose!:yes:

I agree it was a dumb thing to do but I don't hope he got more ill because of it.  

• Like 1