Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Family unearths creepy photograph under the floorboards of their home

UM-Bot

This is silly.   They find an old photograph and make a big deal out of it.   They claim the previous owners intentionally sealed it under the floorboards.  They may have, but it would be no big deal.  I've done things like that when putting up new drywall.  Drop a pic in there or a current newspaper.  It makes it fun for the next people who remodel it.  

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

It's just another person. Photo looks damaged and dirty, and isn't the greatest quality to begin with. They have zero knowledge of the origins and subjects of it so making "ghost claims" about it is ridiculous.

Edited by moonman
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

A "semi-transparent figure"?

He looks pretty solid to me. Unnecessarily tall, but not very ghostly.

• Like 4

The central figure looks like a priest/vicar, which fits in with the other two figures wearing buttonholes and the woman, a huge hat . . . it's a wedding photo!

• Like 6

It looks like a double exposure to me, the first shot wasn't advanced and another picture was taken over it.  Saw a lot of those in the photo lab back in the day.

• Like 2

Guest chiron613
Had someone just shown this to me, it never would have occurred to me that the person in the background wasn't part of the photo. Just seems to be a poor-quality photo that hasn't stood the test of time, and now looks rather shabby.

I mean, the website does need to keep posting new articles, and it's always a slow news day in the world of the paranormal. 

But yeah, this is about as creepy as stripping your old wallpaper down and seeing height measurements for children that used to live in your home. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'd have gladly added it to my photo album as an oddity. I do have a few found photos myself which are quite weird. Lovely stuff. Not a ghost probably.

• Like 1

On 11/2/2022 at 11:51 PM, UM-Bot said:

The image, which appears to date back to the 1960s, seems to show a ghostly extra hovering in the background.

https://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/361682/family-unearths-creepy-photograph-under-the-floorboards-of-their-home

I am totally unnerved, horrified, and disturbed by the fact that this family has a portrait hanging behind them. 

• Haha 1

On 11/8/2022 at 12:02 AM, Alchopwn said:

I am totally unnerved, horrified, and disturbed by the fact that this family has a portrait hanging behind them. 

You're right, that totally does look like a picture frame behind them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/7/2022 at 3:56 PM, acute said:

All we found under our floorboards were BCT bus tickets from the 50's and 60's.

The only thing under my floorboards are my second floor neighbors.

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

Monk??  Not in the picture form the article!  Four people - likely couple in front with the child, and another man in between and behind them.  No other figures and the man in the center doesn't look like a mink at all.  He's just a guy in a brown or tan suit.  Possibly the father of one of the other adults. but nothing spooky about him.  The photo could have been dropped by accident, and slipped through a crack.  Best move would have been to scan it into a computer and post it online, and possibly to print it in a local paper, or get a local news station to show it, with a "is this your family?" sort of message.  Claiming a ghost, though?  Lame.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

That really threw me off for a minute there! Though as i look closer, it looks more like a painting, or maybe a portrait of a man? Whatever it is, it looks much bigger than the family.

• Like 1

On 11/2/2022 at 11:34 PM, acute said:

A "semi-transparent figure"?

He looks pretty solid to me. Unnecessarily tall, but not very ghostly.

I agree with you, it just a poor exposure nothing more. I think we need Papageorge to evaluate this using the Papa Meter to be certain though!:yes:

@papageorge1

• Haha 1

On 11/10/2022 at 1:07 AM, newbloodmoon said:

The only thing under my floorboards are my second floor neighbors.

That’s awful nice of you to let them live there, I suppose they are very very small!:yes:

On 11/8/2022 at 3:02 PM, Alchopwn said:

Isn’t it amazing, that Ghosts only choose to expose themselves in out of focus photos taken in very poor lighting conditions, I suppose they must be shy!:D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

I agree with you, it just a poor exposure nothing more. I think we need Papageorge to evaluate this using the Papa Meter to be certain though!:yes:

@papageorge1

It looks a little suspicious but the story is lost.

It’s good that we don’t flounder in the darkness when there is a professional grade device available.

Papameter Reading

20% Paranormal   80% Normal

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

It looks a little suspicious but the story is lost.

It’s good that we don’t flounder in the darkness when there is a professional grade device available.

Papameter Reading

20% Paranormal   80% Normal

Thanks Papa, that clears it up for me!:tu: