Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Heaven

8th_wall

Just earlier I was struck with the feeling of knowing again and what I knew was that I had already been dead and came back to life (this is life after death).  Death I was when born and earnt my life by the will of God.

What thoughts have ye on the psychological effects of life after death and the eternities it implies?  Heaven is eternal but not necessarily and hell necessarily is.

Also, what do you make of the odd experience of "I know" when filled with confidence certainty and everything besides not being precisely sure what it is that you know?  I had this experience for the first time when I was 6.  Instilled with a good out look for the future and that everything was fine and dandy.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Can your prove their is a heaven or its just your opinion based on faith and belief.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I live in the hope of Heaven, but if there isn’t one hey… I won’t know about it then,will I?

• Like 2

On 11/8/2022 at 2:16 PM, PsiSeeker said:

Just earlier I was struck with the feeling of knowing again and what I knew was that I had already been dead and came back to life (this is life after death).  Death I was when born and earnt my life by the will of God.

What thoughts have ye on the psychological effects of life after death and the eternities it implies?  Heaven is eternal but not necessarily and hell necessarily is.

Also, what do you make of the odd experience of "I know" when filled with confidence certainty and everything besides not being precisely sure what it is that you know?  I had this experience for the first time when I was 6.  Instilled with a good out look for the future and that everything was fine and dandy.

The idea that Heaven is eternal but not necessarily), while Hell is completely eternal is horrifically unjust.  You think that people should receive eternal punishment for finite and temporal sins.  You're a monster !

As for you "knowing" things...  Have you ever read the poem "The Second Coming" by W.B. Yeats?  

Do you remember the line: 

"The best lack all conviction,  while the worst    Are full of passionate intensity."

You are the worst, and you are full of passionate intensity, but you are still the worst of humanity.  Your arrogance and hubris is overweening.  It is the meek who will inherit the Earth, and you are not meek.

Also, you think that God has sent you back to Earth.  That is a terrible punishment.  Christianity recognizes no doctrine of reincarnation.  To be sent back to Earth means that your behavior in heaven was so atrocious that you were sent down to be judged again and may in fact be a demon in human flesh, as you have lost your angelic form.

I repeat,  according to Christian doctrine, you're a monster!

Edited by Alchopwn
  • Like 4
  • Haha 3

I think I kind of understand the "knowing" aspect of your post. Sometimes I have a feeling of "knowing" how something really is. But.....it is only a feeling of knowing something to be true, without any actual way of being able to prove anything to anyone.

I don't have faith in just anything that makes claims of knowing what truth is, or is declaring to be the "word of God". Stuff needs to make sense to me, and I feel that the "Truth" will always make perfect sense and will reconcile any and all discrepancies previously encountered (due to misunderstanding or not actually having the total truth).

Sometimes, I wonder if we have been, are being, and will continually be judged for being the person we are and have been choosing to be.

We are currently situated in eternity at a place where the "universe" has determined it is our place to be at this time. I try to look at this as having been judged by the universe, and this is the spot in eternity where we have been judged to be as a result of any and all previous life choices. That is to say where we were judged to begin our journey for this life. (And by our subsequent choices and other events that may occur, we may progress to the end of this life, at which time we will be judged and continue our journey at a new starting place based on our previous level of attainment, and our needed experiences for our continued development.)

In other words, we are already in our spot in heaven or hell as has been judged by the universe. It is up to each of us to make the best of our current time in this heavenly (or hellish) situation by our own free will and choices. And at the end of this time, another judgment will determine our next status and location for our future journey in life and light (understanding).

Note that I say sometimes I consider things this way. I don't actually know if that's how things are, but I do kind of feel it could be that way. With respect to those who are Christians and believe in a simple one-time judgment and a reward of one of the "many mansions" mentioned by Christ for those who believe, this world could be one of the mansions, but not one of the nicer ones available for those who have progressed in their spiritual journey.

Just a few of my thoughts,

Sojo

Edited by Sojo
Spelling
  • Like 2

From what I take it Heaven is the hope for a life you never got to live. While hell is the vengence/revenge you wish on your enemies. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, XenoFish said:

From what I take it Heaven is the hope for a life you never got to live. While hell is the vengence/revenge you wish on your enemies. 

I like this. Yeah, wanting the life you actually do have and to deal with human you actually are and need to work on not the pretend one between the ears is the real spiritual journey and not for the faint of heart. :P,…. IMHO 

Edited by Sherapy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

People immersed in the dream of Maya can not perceive its end until it is upon them or those they love. Then many seek continuance in the form of rebirth or eternal salvation. Each of us face death after our own fashion and there is no good way to die. I've seen death too many times to have any idealistic illusions about it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 11/7/2022 at 9:16 PM, PsiSeeker said:

Also, what do you make of the odd experience of "I know" when filled with confidence certainty and everything besides not being precisely sure what it is that you know? 

It's called intuition.  Which isn't reliable.  It isn't reliable because it consists of nothing but memories connected by neuro pathways.  Memory isn't reliable.  

I know...water freezes at the 32F/0C....that is  Knowledge.  I 'know' there is heaven because I can feel it.  That is Belief.   The default of human consciousness is to believe that our beliefs are something we in fact 'know'.  When the fact is, nothing could be further from the truth.  We know what we know.  And we belief what we cannot know.  But our subconscious minds support the Conscious thought...and so automatically connect neuro pathways together of memories together to create a thought of 'knowledge' when there isn't one.  

Edited by joc
  • Like 4

On 11/18/2022 at 12:55 AM, the13bats said:

Can your prove their is a heaven or its just your opinion based on faith and belief.

If it's based on faith and belief then, obviously, there is no proof. Hmmm, must be why a religion is called a Faith, duh.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Sherapy said:

I like this. Yeah, wanting the life you actually do have and to deal with human you actually are and need to work on not the pretend one between the ears is the real spiritual journey and not for the faint of heart. :P,…. IMHO 

I'm beginning to think that faith, hope, and love are less emotions and more of a verb. The things that you can do. Small efforts can create a slice of heaven or hell. A choice that is always ours.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 11/8/2022 at 1:46 PM, PsiSeeker said:

Flat earthers "know" the Earth is flat.

• Thanks 2

“Life flows on    within you   and without you”.     George Harrison

We’ve all heard it said..     Hell is a guilty conscience.  ?     Of course in this new ,improved, Everything is Subjective, universe, there is no Right or Wrong.   :lol:        Slap your Mama ,just for the hell of it, and get back to me on that idea.  :sleepy:

21 hours ago, lightly said:

We’ve all heard it said..     Hell is a guilty conscience.  ?     Of course in this new ,improved, Everything is Subjective, universe, there is no Right or Wrong.   :lol:        Slap your Mama ,just for the hell of it, and get back to me on that idea.  :sleepy:

Hell is the exact opposite of what ever heaven is for you.

• Like 1

On 11/19/2022 at 2:49 AM, Hammerclaw said:

If it's based on faith and belief then, obviously, there is no proof. Hmmm, must be why a religion is called a Faith, duh.

Double duh, I always ask as not to assume its just another person telling stories with no evidence to support said stories, maybe someday ill ask for proof and it will be provided.

once in a while i run into a sincere person and the comfort they seem to gain from faith i might envy from time to time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/20/2022 at 9:50 AM, lightly said:

Slap your Mama ,just for the hell of it, and get back to me on that idea.  :sleepy:

My momma's dead so I slapped yours.  Hope that's okay?B)

• Haha 3

10 hours ago, Alchopwn said:

My momma's dead so I slapped yours.  Hope that's okay?B)

Sure ,  as long as you realized it was wrong.           :mellow:

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, lightly said:

Sure ,  as long as you realized it was wrong.           :mellow:

Your mother is not an "it".  I mean, she's no great beauty and I'm not exactly proud of our liaison, but you need to respect her more.  I do however agree that she can be very "wrong" as you youngsters say.

• Thanks 1

I have come to believe 'heaven' of tradition can be understood as the higher astral sub-planes where great beauty and love exist. It is not a forever place as even astral forms and bodies have a finite lifetime.

Going further beyond the astral planes is the Soul (Causal Plane) that spawn incarnations on the physical and astral planes (reincarnation).

This view comes from multiple types of paranormal sources claiming insight beyond the physical senses through psychic/clairvoyant sensing.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Heaven and Hell …Good&Evil.    I guess both ideas just come from Our observation of Nature. We can see Creation, We can see Destruction. Surely Good is responsible for creation…and Evil is the cause of destruction?   We have to have reasons why things happen.  ?  What happens is just how it happens.. Creation/Destruction/Recreation/ . . .three halves of a Whole.  :P

On 11/18/2022 at 3:50 AM, Alchopwn said:

The idea that Heaven is eternal but not necessarily), while Hell is completely eternal is horrifically unjust.  You think that people should receive eternal punishment for finite and temporal sins.  You're a monster !

As for you "knowing" things...  Have you ever read the poem "The Second Coming" by W.B. Yeats?  

Do you remember the line: 

"The best lack all conviction,  while the worst    Are full of passionate intensity."

You are the worst, and you are full of passionate intensity, but you are still the worst of humanity.  Your arrogance and hubris is overweening.  It is the meek who will inherit the Earth, and you are not meek.

Also, you think that God has sent you back to Earth.  That is a terrible punishment.  Christianity recognizes no doctrine of reincarnation.  To be sent back to Earth means that your behavior in heaven was so atrocious that you were sent down to be judged again and may in fact be a demon in human flesh, as you have lost your angelic form.

I repeat,  according to Christian doctrine, you're a monster!

Thank you for that diatribe, it was so perfect.    According to christian doctrine we are all monsters.

• Like 2