Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Christ Rising

Crazy Horse

This thread isn't a discussion about whether GOD, or Christ exist, but whether one can feel, merge, with THAT?

The who, what, why and where?

And most importantly, the how?

Love would seem a rather apt place to start this conversation.

Up to you!

• Confused 2

4 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

You know, but it is generally accepted that there are really only two main emotions, love and fear, and that every other emotion or feeling is only a slightly different aspect of one of those.

So, I would suggest that it's not love that hurts, but the fear of losing that loved one.

But thanks for the tune.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

You know, but it is generally accepted that there are really only two main emotions, love and fear, and that every other emotion or feeling is only a slightly different aspect of one of those.

So, I would suggest that it's not love that hurts, but the fear of losing that loved one.

But thanks for the tune.

Love's the hammer and the hurt is the thumb it smashes, but we keep on driving nails.

• Like 2

Just now, Hammerclaw said:

Love's the hammer and the hurt is the thumb it smashes, but we keep on driving nails.

The only thing that love hammers is this feeling of peace and happiness, of unity and wellbeing.

Surely a move towards GOD?

Surely a big thumbs-up!

15 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

The only thing that love hammers is this feeling of peace and happiness, of unity and wellbeing.

Surely a move towards GOD?

Surely a big thumbs-up!

The love of another for oneself is a heavy burden not all are fit to carry. The day after happily ever after begins the long years of proving oneself worthy....or not.

Edited by Hammerclaw
  • Like 4

6 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

The love of another for oneself is a heavy burden not all are fit to carry. The day after happily ever after begins the long years of proving oneself worthy....or not.

It can be a heavy burden, for some, for those without self-love, self-worth.

For those stuck with the heavy burden of fear and negativity.

But for those of us who can, more or less hold fast to love, then the burden is so light as to be almost non-existent.

One fitness, or lack-off, is in direct proportion to one's ability to love.. 

GOD, self, other - it's all one to me.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

It can be a heavy burden, for some, for those without self-love, self-worth.

For those stuck with the heavy burden of fear and negativity.

But for those of us who can, more or less hold fast to love, then the burden is so light as to be almost non-existent.

One fitness, or lack-off, is in direct proportion to one's ability to love.. 

GOD, self, other - it's all one to me.

Actually, it's the ability and willingness to live up to the expectations of another. Love isn't just a feeling, just an emotion. It's a load of self-sacrifice and a lot of hard work. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Crazy Horse said:

whether one can feel, merge, with THAT?

3 hours ago, Crazy Horse said:

And most importantly, the how?

I first try to think of what would it mean to be one with "God".

I don't mean someone who wants to be God, but who wants to be one with God in knowledge, understanding, and ultimately, personality. I don't think it means becoming God per se, but perhaps meaning how would God live the life of (insert name here) while being true to God's personality qualities.

As far as the how, I think becoming one with God means realizing our imperfections and wrong-doings against others and seeking forgiveness. Sin is against others (or God), and committing sin creates some sort of negative "debt" that calls for repentance and recompense, or outright forgiveness of the debt, which is then borne by the victim as they forgive the debt of the repentant person. Of course the person doing the forgiving must be the offended party (who will bear the wrong-doing), or someone having earned the power to forgive such debt (perhaps an all-understanding God).

Becoming one with God would seem to me akin to being authorized to enter the Kingdom of Heaven where all citizens live by the two commandments of loving God with all your heart, soul, mind, and strength, and also treating others as you yourself would want to be treated. (Pretty simple in concept.)

We may encounter others who are entering the Kingdom as well as others yet on their journey, but perhaps sometime we can find lives in places where more and more of the citizens are citizens of the Kingdom.

The Old Testament God declared himself to be God and no others beside himself. Christ taught about the Love of God and that we should strive to become ONE with God as he is ONE with God, and being born spiritually to the point of being able to enter the Kingdom.

In the New Testament, its not about becoming God, but becoming ONE with the Father as each individual lives the lives they've been given for whatever purpose might be accomplished by that life.

Just some of my thoughts,

Sojo

Edited by Sojo
Spelling Correction
  • Like 2

Look under Betty Crocker.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Timothy said:

@Crazy Horse, I think you’re a bit too crazy for me.

Yeah, I've heard that a few times my friend.

And it wasn't all that funny the first time. 

Still, it's a nice complement.

All the best.

Peace.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Hammerclaw said:

Actually, it's the ability and willingness to live up to the expectations of another. Love isn't just a feeling, just an emotion. It's a load of self-sacrifice and a lot of hard work. 

Love is not the willingness to live up to the expectations of another. What if those expectations were purely malevolent? Hardly love is it!

Love starts with self. 

One way to do this is to contemplate your oneness with GOD. And ponder the idea that GOD is only love.

The resulting sense of peace, and love, can then be carried out towards anyone you meet.

Sacrifice and hard work are optional.

Please yourself.

4 hours ago, XenoFish said:

Christ Rising. Not sure I feel safe putting that in Google. :blink:

I know what you mean, duckduckgo is much safer.

4 hours ago, XenoFish said:

Love-Homone.jpg

That is the result of love.

3 hours ago, Sojo said:

I first try to think of what would it mean to be one with "God".

I don't mean someone who wants to be God, but who wants to be one with God in knowledge, understanding, and ultimately, personality. I don't think it means becoming God per se, but perhaps meaning how would God live the life of (insert name here) while being true to God's personality qualities.

As far as the how, I think becoming one with God means realizing our imperfections and wrong-doings against others and seeking forgiveness. Sin is against others (or God), and committing sin creates some sort of negative "debt" that calls for repentance and recompense, or outright forgiveness of the debt, which is then borne by the victim as they forgive the debt of the repentant person. Of course the person doing the forgiving must be the offended party (who will bear the wrong-doing), or someone having earned the power to forgive such debt (perhaps an all-understanding God).

Becoming one with God would seem to me akin to being authorized to enter the Kingdom of Heaven where all citizens live by the two commandments of loving God with all your heart, soul, mind, and strength, and also treating others as you yourself would want to be treated. (Pretty simple in concept.)

We may encounter others who are entering the Kingdom as well as others yet on their journey, but perhaps sometime we can find lives in places where more and more of the citizens are citizens of the Kingdom.

The Old Testament God declared himself to be God and no others beside himself. Christ taught about the Love of God and that we should strive to become ONE with God as he is ONE with God, and being born spiritually to the point of being able to enter the Kingdom.

In the New Testament, its not about becoming God, but becoming ONE with the Father as each individual lives the lives they've been given for whatever purpose might be accomplished by that life.

Just some of my thoughts,

Sojo

There's a lot to like about your post Sojo.

But just want to touch upon one point. Sin.

Sin simply means "missing the mark."

And missing the mark simply means straying from the path of love..

And therefore falling short of THAT level of freedom.

Contemplate deeply that you and GOD are one, and the rest shall follow quite naturally.

3 hours ago, Hammerclaw said:

Look under Betty Crocker.

Thats not an insult already, is it Hammerclaw?

So soon, on page one.

24 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

Love is not the willingness to live up to the expectations of another. What if those expectations were purely malevolent? Hardly love is it!

Love starts with self. 

One way to do this is to contemplate your oneness with GOD. And ponder the idea that GOD is only love.

The resulting sense of peace, and love, can then be carried out towards anyone you meet.

Sacrifice and hard work are optional.

Please yourself.

bull****. That's Hedonism.

• Thanks 3

11 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

Thats not an insult already, is it Hammerclaw?

So soon, on page one.

I don't need to insult you. Everybody already knows you're full of crap.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

32 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Love is a highly overrated emotion.

Actually, it's underappreciated and better to have too much of than too little.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

bull****. That's Hedonism.

You can call it what you want Hammerclaw, that is your right, but luckily my sense of love doesn't require me to live up to your expectations etc. 

No, my love is unconditional, for self, for GOD, and for you.

Therefore, your words are like water of a ducks back.

52 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

I don't need to insult you. Everybody already knows you're full of crap.

Yes, but a more loving, and peaceful pile of crap you never did see.

• The topic was locked