Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Christ Rising

Crazy Horse

3 hours ago, XenoFish said:

I'm going to start calling Mary. Because we always go round and round with you.

So, if you think this thread is such a bore, such a waste of time, then why exactly are you here?

I am here to express my feelings in any way that feels right.

So why are you here XenoFish?

3 hours ago, jmccr8 said:

Well Crazy Horse it has warmed up enough outside so am logging off to give my Jeep some love, bought some new wheel bearings so that it will no longer have to sing that song of stress for me.

Just take plenty of lube..

7 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

So why are you here XenoFish?

Because I can be. You created a thread. It is open to the public. As such I can post in it. I can respond to post within it. I can criticize ideas brought forth. I can do all those things at my choosing. 

If you didn't want "negative" criticism then why did you create this thread? 

Are you unable to have a discussion without using redirection and animosity? 

If you are just sharing this as your belief and do not wish to discuss it in depth, the forum has a blog function. 

I just find for all your talk of love that you appear to be highly judgmental. Even insulting to other members.

Edited by XenoFish
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, cormac mac airt said:

Not so much! 

cormac

Well, it works for me.

Someone needs a hug.

Fine, I shall send you waves of love, just before sending this.

3 hours ago, Hammerclaw said:

When you start a thread in an open forum, anyone can participate if they so desire, whether they are, simply, intrigued, or have an axe to grind. So, you've placed yourself, in a manner of speaking, in the line of fire, 'listed for forty shillings on-the-drum. Keep your whistle wet and your powder dry and duck every now and again.

Quack quack.

Your God maybe, not mine as I don’t have the same definition or belief. Which means it’s NOT Universal. Thanks for confirming that. 

cormac

No problem, hope it helps.

We certainly like to say God is love, but the 200 or so million who died in wars and political unrest in the twentieth century probably weren't impressed by the quality of that kind of tough love.

Well, we can all blame GOD, right, that's easy, but to actually look into the real reasons of war, probably some fat banker, then perhaps we might make some headway towards a world that is actually fun and exciting to live in.

But to clarify.

The worlds bankers are allowed to be fat, and greedy, and dishonest etc, but karma is infallible, and the clocks ticking.

We all have a choice to make, love, or fear.

• Like 1

It’s just one of many. What works for one doesn’t always work for all. 

cormac

Love works for all.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

No problem, hope it helps.

Yeah it helps, now that I know you make unevidenced claims as if they’re “the” truth they can be dismissed just as easily for lack of same. 

cormac

• Like 1

Love is the greater source of suffering. For what it gives, it takes back ten fold. 

What makes you say that my friend?

Seriously, it's a point of view that is not common to my way of thinking.

Let's discuss.

Yeah, but what is it, you little schmuck?

All we can do to solace ourselves is cherish the time that was given us and memories that endure as a sweet and wistful pain.

Or was it 48?

Oh, how droll, you don't have a clue, you're high as a kite. When you wake up on the concrete, don't say you weren't warned!

At least I will be awake.

And apparently listen to the vacuous ramblings of someone who claims “Love is a protection, a shield from everything bad in the universe”. Not very protective nor shielding IMO when it comes to the loss of a loved one, especially when it happens frequently. 

cormac

If I am such an idiot, then why are you spending so much time here?

And what does that make you?

Just now, Crazy Horse said:

If I am such an idiot, then why are you spending so much time here?

And what does that make you?

Pointing out the nonsense. 

cormac

• Like 1

Love is the greater source of suffering.

I don't necessarily agree. Love can certainly bring hardship, but in general I think one's mental framework can mitigate suffering quite significantly. Attachment to loss is an even greater source of suffering.

• Like 3

To be fair, we all resort to forms of escapism from the woes inflicted on us by the world. We all have our special talismans and spells no less superfluous than his.

Love isn't escaping from the world, but joining in, having fun, being present.

• Like 1

True, but many possibly most of us don’t pretend it’s applicable to everyone while further pretending we never implied such. 

cormac

Which part of love isn't applicable to you?

I think some of our angst is because we wish it were true, that we would give anything for a message from beyond, assurance of continuance and yet none are forthcoming, just airy promises from wise fools, soon forgotten.

Listen mate, but, you can actually try this stuff, this (hard stuff) out, for yourself, then youz will know what all the fuss is about.

2 minutes ago, Nuclear Wessel said:

I don't necessarily agree. Love can certainly bring hardship, but in general I think one's mental framework can mitigate suffering quite significantly. Attachment to loss is an even greater source of suffering.

It can be a two-way street as one can either love with all their heart and be devastated by a loss yet capable, with time, of moving on or it can consume a person to the point of causing destructive behavior to themselves or others. Sometimes it’s a balancing act. The same can be said for many strong emotions. 

cormac

• Like 2

A better question is why do you feel the need to share your beliefs? 

If you would only appreciate love, then you wouldn't have to ask me such a question.

I mean, that's got to be the easiest way to debunk me, (or love) by trying it out for, like a day, and seeing how much better off you feel.

Love is an energy that cannot be contained, what can I say!!

9 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

Which part of love isn't applicable to you?

Love is a protection, a shield from everything bad in the universe.

I don’t find either to be true. 

cormac

3 hours ago, joc said:

I think love is a concept.   Unconditional love is a concept as well.  I like, Conditional Love better than unconditional love.  Unconditional love involves me still loving someone regardless of what they do to me personally.  I don't really fit well with that concept.

But what you are doing @Crazy Horse is tying two Conceptual Strings together...i.e. Christ and Love...and attempting to make a very pretty bow...Christ Rising.  Your bow is beautiful and gives you joy,  and I think you probably want to spread that joy to others.  Which is fine...but the reality of the world is that not everyone cares about your joy.  They ain't buying what you be selling.  Which is fine too...but if you want to spread your joy on an open forum, other's will  either gravitate to it or ignore it or have a reaction to it that you interpret as negative.  

Thats fine, but, on an open forum, I am allowed to ask a question back, right?

3 hours ago, Will Due said:

urantia_flag3d_zpslunds1cx.gif

Hello, Will, was hoping you might show up.

But what does that flag mean, please?

• Like 1

• The topic was locked