Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Christ Rising


Crazy Horse

Recommended Posts

58 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

 

An add to: repeatedly thinking the same thought over and over becomes what is known as a belief. A belief is a thought that has been thought so much over and over that it has become one’s personal truth from there the brain kicks in with priming, this is observed by consistently interpreting the events of your life by only accepting the things that match up to this particular belief.
 

 For ex: you have thought many times that you and g?d are one, it is now a personal truth that shows up in posts and threads as a firm belief/truth that you and god are one, in other words, you demonstrate a cognitive bias in regards to your personal belief. It is literally a thought that you have created a narrative around by thinking the thought over and over. You only want to discuss your narrative in spite of the suggestion that it really is not supported by any thing based in fact. This is simply feedback whether you consider it or not is always your choice, I have no preference in the matter. 

In Cognitive Behavioral Therapy or a Mindfulness based approach the objective is not to create a specific pattern or set of beliefs/truths around any particular subject, thought or situation this is where meditation comes in and it is a practice. The way you are using meditation is as a way to create a narrative that helps you cope with your life. In other words, you understanding and practice of meditation isn’t based on anything factual. This isn’t right or wrong in and of itself, just a suggestion to point you in a more fruitful direction of course, you always reserve the choice to disregard. 
 

If I can offer you legitimate resources to explore, let me know. 
 

All the best.
 

 

 

 

 

Well, my own person beliefs come from my own personal experience, not from a repeated thought, although thoughts that are repeated, with some passion, for good or ill, they shall have an effect upon one's mood, one's inner feelings. Which then affect everything..

And so, because they are true for me, and because I don't mind how you take them yourselves, and because I feel no need to conform to your ideas about whatever it is that you think I am saying, being, then my peace cannot be broken.

If you have any more questions, please don't hesitate to contact me, (see what I did there?).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Crazy Horse

Why as it is a part of the issue and should not be excluded from consideration?

Fine.

Fear is bad.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Crazy Horse

Have heard spouses with black eyes or broken bones say the same thing

Really, well they should have been more careful then, or more loving, same thing.

  • Confused 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

Really, well they should have been more careful then, or more loving, same thing.

You being serious? :o As somebody who is in a relationship with somebody who was physically abused in a previous relationship, you'd be rethinking those words pretty quickly if this conversation was in person.

Edited by Nuclear Wessel
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Nuclear Wessel said:

You being serious? :o

To be honest, I have no idea what Jay was talking about, but that was the first thing that sprung to mind.

The thing is, the written language, as brilliant as it is, can always be misinterpreted by the reader, at least from the way the writer intended.

And when J writes such a cryptic sentence, well, I'm not a mind-reader, yet.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Nuclear Wessel said:

You being serious? :o As somebody who is in a relationship with somebody who was physically abused in a previous relationship, you'd be rethinking those words pretty quickly if this conversation was in person.

Like I said, I am not a mind reader.

Do you really expect me to sensor myself with things that I don't know about?

Perhaps you should talk to Jay, hes the one who wrote the sentence.

Edited by Crazy Horse
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

Well, my own person beliefs come from my own personal experience, not from a repeated thought, although thoughts that are repeated, with some passion, for good or ill, they shall have an effect upon one's mood, one's inner feelings. Which then affect everything..

And so, because they are true for me, and because I don't mind how you take them yourselves, and because I feel no need to conform to your ideas about whatever it is that you think I am saying, being, then my peace cannot be broken.

If you have any more questions, please don't hesitate to contact me, (see what I did there?).

That is a self reinforcing loop. You believe a thing and all your perceptions rearrange themselves in order to validate that belief. You don't need to consciously focus on the belief. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

Perhaps you should talk to Jay, hes the one who wrote the sentence.

It's obvious that you knew what he was talking about. Don't try and backpedal after being called out on it - have some accountability for your responses, please.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, Nuclear Wessel said:

You being serious? :o As somebody who is in a relationship with somebody who was physically abused in a previous relationship, you'd be rethinking those words pretty quickly if this conversation was in person.

I don't think his people skill and experience are all there. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

That is a self reinforcing loop. You believe a thing and all your perceptions rearrange themselves in order to validate that belief. You don't need to consciously focus on the belief. 

Well, it's only a self-reinforcement thingy if you are dishonest with yourself, otherwise, one's experiences can change one's beliefs very rapidly.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Nuclear Wessel said:

It's obvious that you knew what he was talking about. Don't try and backpedal after being called out on it - have some accountability for your responses, please.

Mate, even if I did know exactly what he was talking about, I didn't have the first clue about your situation, which, I am genuinely sorry to hear about, but just to make my point, if there were more love in the world, there would also be less violence too.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

From all the post of yours I have read, you have spend ample time building up and reinforcing your beliefs. Which is just self-reinforcement. So your idea and concept of God is thoroughly saturated in your psyche. Basically you're obsessed with your idea of god. Your experience only strength this mental construct. 

2 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

Well, it's only a self-reinforcement thingy if you are dishonest with yourself, otherwise, one's experiences can change one's beliefs very rapidly.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

Mate, even if I did know exactly what he was talking about, I didn't have the first clue about your situation, which, I am genuinely sorry to hear about, but just to make my point, if there were more love in the world, there would also be less violence too.

Yeah, not what you said, tho - you said "They should have been more careful, or more loving"

  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

Fine.

Fear is bad.

Hi Crazy Horse

Sometimes not always because fear is a part of our survival instinct. In discussing a subject excluding aspect of it is dishonest and does not properly address all the aspects of what your concept of love is

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

To be honest, I have no idea what Jay was talking about, but that was the first thing that sprung to mind.

The thing is, the written language, as brilliant as it is, can always be misinterpreted by the reader, at least from the way the writer intended.

And when J writes such a cryptic sentence, well, I'm not a mind-reader, yet.

Hi Crazy Horse

It might help if you follow what was said in the post preceding the one you quoted. A discussion usually about the whole of what is being discussed and not one sentence 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I wonder if religion was not forced on us as children, when we are trusting and malleable, would we as adults find a spiritual belief? I heard on the news today, I think it was Iran, has forbidden women to use public parks because they abuse the privilege by uncovering their hair while they are there. Banned from working, banned from education, banned from being out in public (perhaps it is Afghanistan). Religion is all a bit bonkers, to my mind. If women are such intemperate temptresses, why did God create them?

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, jmccr8 said:

Hi Crazy Horse

Sometimes not always because fear is a part of our survival instinct. In discussing a subject excluding aspect of it is dishonest and does not properly address all the aspects of what your concept of love is

Survival for an Infinite Life doesn't make sense. 

This is what Christ knew.

Fear is an illusion that has the power you decide to give it.

Love is the Real.

Accept or reject, your choice Jay, no one else's.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, pellinore said:

I wonder if religion was not forced on us as children, when we are trusting and malleable, would we as adults find a spiritual belief? I heard on the news today, I think it was Iran, has forbidden women to use public parks because they abuse the privilege by uncovering their hair while they are there. Banned from working, banned from education, banned from being out in public (perhaps it is Afghanistan). Religion is all a bit bonkers, to my mind. If women are such intemperate temptresses, why did God create them?

Well, can't speak for anyone else, but my parents don't have a religious bone in their bodies.

And yet I always wanted to know about Christ. 

Unfortunately, I only had a NT.

As for curbing one's freedom, without an actual crime being committed, then obviously it's not anything from GOD, but from man.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Crazy Horse said:

Survival for an Infinite Life doesn't make sense.

Hi Crazy Horse

 I still have to live this life with all it’s dangers and rewards and that is the life I am talking about since you can’t prove there is an infinite life. I don’t know if anything exists beyond the life I am living and this is the life I have and know so spend my time trying to make it worthwhile no matter how challenging it is at times.

5 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

This is what Christ knew.

That is what you believe as you weren’t here when he if he existed walked on this earth. I spawned legends and myths back home through the telling of my deeds by others who were less outgoing than me and who lived vicariously through me and my exploits. 
You believe what you were told about him by others that may not have even known, met or seen him.

11 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

Fear is an illusion that has the power you decide to give it

Fear creates illusion depending on the how fear is understood by the individual. My r wife had a fear of heights and I worked heights with a respect for it and myself but did not treat it as anything more than being aware of where I was and working with it.

She also had a fear of having no money and I was her meal ticket so think most of he fear was based on that.

19 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

sion that has the power you decide to give it.

Love is the Real

And your point is what I haven’t argued about whether love is real or not and just like fear it is a matter of perception that your are personally trying to define by your perceptions and biases. We are not you anymore than you are me or anyone else each of us having different experiences in life mine no less valid than yours.

23 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

Accept or reject, your choice Jay, no one else's

Obviously I have accepted my choice and you haven’t and would judge me for it. I don’t care what you believe so long as you understand it is what you believe. I don’t expect the world to conform to what I believe your life is yours and my life is your life each according to how we perceive and react in our environments.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, jmccr8 said:

I believe your life is yours and my life is your life each according to how we perceive and react in our environments.

It was to late to edit, that should has said my life is mine  live each rather than my life is yours

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/9/2022 at 6:24 AM, XenoFish said:

Don't break an arm stroking your ego.

Love is not ego. Ego is selfish, love is not.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Hankenhunter said:

Love is not ego. Ego is selfish, love is not.

The first step in love is desire, desire is a selfish need projected onto someone else.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Crazy Horse said:

Yes, helping people makes us all feel good, and that's because it is an aspect of love in action.

Do you understand?

No it isn't love in action.  It is part our dna induced Narcissism.  We don't help others because we love them, we help people because it makes us feel better about ourselves and that makes us feel good.  It's all a dopamine release based action. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Crazy Horse said:

Well, my perspective is twofold.

Firstly, I believe that humanity creates natural disasters and makes war upon their neighbour.

And secondly, I don't recognise that vengeful God, as GOD.

Then like @Keiw1...you are delusional.   Humans don't create natural disasters...that's dumbass talk...stop being a dumbass CH...the word Natural means just that...they are called Acts of God not Acts of Humans.  Your perspective is screwy...which is fine...go join the My Perspective is Screwy Crowd.  I didn't make up the vengeful God...the Bible did.  Vengeance is Mine sayeth the Lord.   What is it with you people that make up your own religion as you go and then want to preach Your Truth to everyone else.

Do you understand?

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, jmccr8 said:

It was to late to edit, that should has said my life is mine  live each rather than my life is yours

 

I liked it better the original way ...now  drop down and give me twenty!  Do it!  I own you! 

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • The topic was locked
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.