Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

[Merged] 2022 election results

Myles

Too early.  It is so irksome to me when a winner is announced (remembering the first election I could vote in in the 70's) and California polls had not closed yet.    Just breathe and watch a movie on Netflix or something to get your mind off of it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

For the first time in nearly 30 years, Guam elected a Republican as its non-voting U.S. Congressional delegate on Tuesday.

James Moylan, a senator in the island’s legislature, defeated Democrat Judith Won Pat by 1,648 votes out of 32,502 votes cast, according to the Pacific Daily News. The results are partial and unofficial.

He was the first Republican elected to the position since 1993 and only the second since 1972, when the seat was created, the newspaper reported.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/james-moylan-republican-wins-first-house-delegate-election-guam-since-1993

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Trelane said:

My question is, what is the "so what" if there is no red wave? Can people accept that?

I'll be bummed but it is what it is.

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, Trelane said:

My question is, what is the "so what" if there is no red wave? Can people accept that?

There are a few on this forum (most not even in the U.S.) that will go stark raving mad, based on things they have been saying.   Bless their hearts if there isn't a red wave, but in the bigger picture, it will be a blip, just like every other election that has people foaming at the mouth.   

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I pretty much for many reasons and im not even politically savvy or very interested still predict the GOP getting it.

That will be good in a way as a lot of BOMs bent knees have been in some degree of unhinged meltdown over their masters epic fair loss and this will allow them some ego placating and ability to bray about BOMs 2024 world take over

• Like 2

1 minute ago, the13bats said:

I pretty much for many reasons and im not even politically savvy or very interested still predict the GOP getting it.

That will be good in a way as a lot of BOMs bent knees have been in some degree of unhinged meltdown over their masters epic fair loss and this will allow them some ego placating and ability to bray about BOMs 2024 world take over

I didn’t even know we had that acronym…… this opens up a whole new world. 

All the major pollsters final predictions were Senate R 51 and D 49. House +17 R. 

Will be curious to see how accurate the polls are thos time around 

• Like 3

For those weirdos like me who like the watch on election night, the Senate seats deciding the fate of the senate are.

Each party needs to win 5 of these to get Senate majority.

Waiting for race estimates

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

For those weirdos like me who like the watch on election night, the Senate seats deciding the fate of the senate are.

What is your prediction?

42 minutes ago, Occult1 said:

I expect an overwhelming Republican victory.

25 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

Fox News has started showing its projections and it seems to be a slight victory for the Republicans in the Senate.

The House is expected to be a clear Republican victory. But we best wait a day to see if there is a mysterious ballet drop again.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

22 minutes ago, Occult1 said:

What is your prediction?

51 R in the Senate and 49 D.

There is also a chance of a 50/50 in my mind.

But I'd be surprised if we saw anything different from those two results.

House definitely goes republican.

• Like 2

Hilarious. Trump's already threatening Desantis. With how massively Desantis won in Florida I can see why he is scared. 

Donald Trump has warned Florida's Governor Ron DeSantis against running for president in 2024, saying doing so would harm the Republican Party.

"I think he would be making a mistake. I think the base would not like it," the former president told Fox News.

He also threatened to release unflattering information about the 44-year-old, without providing details.

Both men have been tipped to announce presidential runs and become likely rivals for the Republican nomination.

Mr Trump's comments came just hours before Tuesday's midterm elections that will decide control of Congress.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-63563862

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Trelane said:

I’ll storm the Dicks Deluxe on Capitol Hill regardless of who wins.

image.thumb.jpeg.709a459c61a336684ba3a49ef885254a.jpeg

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Trelane said:

I doubt it. cries of "they stole the election" will echo from the mouth of every election denier from one coast unto the other if the Democrats retain the Senate.

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, MGB said:

I doubt it. cries of "they stole the election" will echo from the mouth of every election denier from one coast unto the other if the Democrats retain the Senate.

Very likely yes. I would also venture a guess the same would happen if the opposite were to occur. 

Edited by Trelane
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, Trelane said:

Very likely yes. I would also venture a guess the same would happen if the opposite were to occur. 

True.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, MGB said:

Fetterman and Abrams are already setting the stage and the election hadn't even started yet.

54 R vs 46 Dem expected for the Senate.

Republican are forecasted to gain an absolute majority in both the House and Senate.

Edited by Occult1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, spartan max2 said:

Hilarious. Trump's already threatening Desantis. With how massively Desantis won in Florida I can see why he is scared. 

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-63563862

Too funny trump knows he has zero chance in 2024 and if desantis runs trumps chance is less than zero so the once buddies become rivals.

smiley_popcorn.gif.5a89c843c9c41da25550b2bc3c4c29f6.gif

• Like 4

• The title was changed to [Merged] 2022 election results