Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Casey Anthony: first on-camera interview since trial 11yrs ago.

ouija ouija

On 29th November, the Peacock channel will be showing Casey Anthony's first on-camera interview since she was acquitted of murdering her 2yr old daughter, Caylee. I don't suppose there will be any new information in it; it will just be Casey dodging questions with neutral replies but I'd still like to see it. I watched every minute of her trial and I think it was right that she was acquitted . . . an unpopular view at the time.

I'm hoping I'll be able to watch it on YouTube.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11404809/Casey-Anthony-gives-interview-2011-acquittal-daughters-murder-new-docu-series.html

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

A few years ago, there was talk about Lifetime doing a movie about her and the case, that caused a lot of uproar. 

• Like 3

I'll admit, I didn't really follow this case much.  Remind me, was it obvious she was guilty or not guilty?

1 minute ago, Myles said:

I'll admit, I didn't really follow this case much.  Remind me, was it obvious she was guilty or not guilty?

It sort of was and it sort of wasn't! Her behaviour and statements were often very odd and she contradicted herself many times. Several of her claims were not followed up and investigated. Her family also made some odd statements that didn't add up and weren't followed up on. On the surface, she doesn't come across as a very nice person and yet she seemed to be very popular with her friends. I can see how the majority of people would say she was obviously guilty, but I didn't feel she was. I think the jury were right to say they didn't have enough evidence to convict her on. The Prosecution did a really bad job and behaved in an arrogant and rude way that lost them the case.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ouija ouija said:

It sort of was and it sort of wasn't! Her behaviour and statements were often very odd and she contradicted herself many times. Several of her claims were not followed up and investigated. Her family also made some odd statements that didn't add up and weren't followed up on. On the surface, she doesn't come across as a very nice person and yet she seemed to be very popular with her friends. I can see how the majority of people would say she was obviously guilty, but I didn't feel she was. I think the jury were right to say they didn't have enough evidence to convict her on. The Prosecution did a really bad job and behaved in an arrogant and rude way that lost them the case.

So if you had to say, guilty or not guilty?

Not in the court of law because that requires beyond a benefit of the doubt.   Just your own gut feeling.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Myles said:

So if you had to say, guilty or not guilty?

Not in the court of law because that requires beyond a benefit of the doubt.   Just your own gut feeling.

This is what I think happened: Casey, her father and little Caylee where all at home; the father(George?) was in his room, Casey in hers. In the back yard there was quite a deep pool which Caylee was only allowed in with an adult and wearing armbands, obviously. Caylee wandered off on her own and climbed the ladder into the pool, something the family didn't know she could do on her own. She drowned, and when she was found George and Casey blamed each other . . . each thought Caylee was with the other. At this point, any normal family would have called an ambulance but the Anthonys were not a normal family. For whatever reason, they decided to cover up the drowning and get rid of the body. So, to answer your question, I would say her death was an accident.

To clarify: at one point in the trial this was put forward as to what happened.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

My impression was that she was guilty.  I don't know if it was due to a real plan to get rid of what she saw as a burden on her freedom or if it was just a result of neglect but the innocent verdict was not expected or well received, generally.

• Like 7

33 minutes ago, glorybebe said:

Well, anyone who goes out partying when her daughter is missing makes me question her innocence 

I agree. She did not seem distraught at all. 

• Like 7

6 hours ago, glorybebe said:

Well, anyone who goes out partying when her daughter is missing makes me question her innocence 

6 hours ago, Scholar4Truth said:

I agree. She did not seem distraught at all. 

I think she had a mental breakdown which caused her to behave so oddly. Plus, let's not forget her entire family was peculiar and her parents' treatment of her from before Caylee's birth onwards was repressive and contradictory.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, glorybebe said:

Casey Anthony killed Caylee by giving her a bunch of drugs and chloroform  putting her out to sleep by going  partying in a bar:( 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

On 11/11/2022 at 10:52 AM, docyabut2 said:

Casey Anthony killed Caylee by giving her a bunch of drugs and chloroform  putting her out to sleep by going  partying in a bar:( 

I agree and think this fits the facts. She obviously got scared when she discovered Caylee was dead and drove around with her in the trunk of the car until the smell (decomposition) became so bad she dumped the body and just abandoned the car in a parking lot. If Caylee had drowned and George found her, he would have buried her somewhere, he would not have left it up  to Casey. I think poor George got a lot of crap piled on to him just for being Casey's father. 

I might watch the documentary, but doesn't make me a supporter of hers. All the drama could have been avoided if she had just told the truth from the beginning. 

• Like 4

Well, her drowning theory doesn't stand the 'smell' test. Why would she have driven around for a week with Caylee's body in the trunk?  There are ways to explain a child accidently drowning... nothing she's said so far has convinced me that she is innocent. 

• Like 2

This case is so interesting. There was so much doubt and suspicion between Casey and her father, it was hard to tell which of the two told the most lies. Can't wait to see the interview.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I watched it. I still don't believe a single word she says. She's a pathological liar and everything that comes out of her mouth is total b.s. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The law and conviction can be an odd thing but imnsho she is the reason her daughter is dead the rest is just smoke and mirrors scenery.

• Like 2