Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Bigfoot sighting near Cave City, KY

Tonedog45

Here are some excuses for BF:

• They bury their dead
  • They can see trail cams and avoid them even on a moonless night
  • They bury their scat
  • They are very intelligent and avoid people
  • The ebil gummint hides their existence
  • They are supernatural beings
  • They come from another dimension (whatever that is)
  • They have anti-gravity abilities making the photos of them blurry
  • They are like labradoodles and don't shed hair
  • Their DNA is so close to humans that they go undetected
  • They can sense when wildfires, floods, and other natural disasters will occur which is why a dead one has never been found

21 minutes ago, tonecop45 said:

Cover ups are basically everywhere. 

And as with footie's existence, a cover-up also requires evidence.  Adding more claims just adds to the burden.

• Like 1

So @tonecop45, you are suggesting you know a lot about this bigfoot. I ask all of the believers a simple question. So far all do not want to answer it.

How many toes in a bigfoot track? Simple to answer I would hope.

24 minutes ago, stereologist said:

Not for bigfoot. Oh please!

And why not? I can think of a million reasons why they are subjected to cover ups. One of them is they will be considered endangered causing lots of prime habitat to be closed to logging industry and other industries such as recreation and hunting. Doing this means less spending and less revenue and less taxes and screwed up economy. 

Edited by tonecop45
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, stereologist said:

So @tonecop45, you are suggesting you know a lot about this bigfoot. I ask all of the believers a simple question. So far all do not want to answer it.

How many toes in a bigfoot track? Simple to answer I would hope.

I never said I did as I am just researching them some more since my experience. I know nothing about tracks or anything else and I would have to ask professionals about that one. 

17 minutes ago, stereologist said:

Here are some excuses for BF:

• They bury their dead
  • They can see trail cams and avoid them even on a moonless night
  • They bury their scat
  • They are very intelligent and avoid people
  • The ebil gummint hides their existence
  • They are supernatural beings
  • They come from another dimension (whatever that is)
  • They have anti-gravity abilities making the photos of them blurry
  • They are like labradoodles and don't shed hair
  • Their DNA is so close to humans that they go undetected
  • They can sense when wildfires, floods, and other natural disasters will occur which is why a dead one has never been found

Interesting opinions.

3 minutes ago, tonecop45 said:

And why not? I can think of a million reasons why they are subjected to cover ups. One of them is they will be considered endangered causing lots of prime habitat to be closed to logging industry and other industries such as recreation and hunting. Doing this means less spending and less revenue and less taxes and screwed up economy. 

You think that is why their existence was "covered up" before 1980?  No.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Resume said:

Makes good story, that held back evidence, but as always, it smells like bull**** no matter how accomplished a human lie detector one mighty imagine oneself.

That is your opinion.

Just now, tonecop45 said:

That is your opinion.

Not just his but mine as well.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

You think that is why their existence was "covered up" before 1980?  No.

We do not know the answer. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Desertrat56 said:

Not just his but mine as well.

Good and your entitled to it. 

28 minutes ago, tonecop45 said:

Ridiculous reason, absolutely laughable. Come up with something that makes sense. Large areas are already closed to logging due to other creatures. Recreation and hunting are allowed  in many areas where there are endangered creatures.

• Like 1

Interesting opinions.

But not mine. These are some of the dubious claims that are made by those saying why there is zero evidence in 70 years, and for centuries if you want to believe the most brazen BF story tellers.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, tonecop45 said:

I never said I did as I am just researching them some more since my experience. I know nothing about tracks or anything else and I would have to ask professionals about that one. 

And so once again someone proposing BF does not know how many toes are in BF tracks.

It's a trivial question one would think. It has a simple answer. It is based on so-called evidence provided by the BF story tellers.

• Like 2

We do not know the answer. 

So you have nothing to tell us other than some vague claim of " I can think of a million reasons why they are subjected to cover ups."

Seems your first suggestion does not pass the @Desertrat56test.  Remember that we are not discussing this week, but the entire set of claims of the existence of BF

• Like 2

1 hour ago, stereologist said:

Ridiculous reason, absolutely laughable. Come up with something that makes sense. Large areas are already closed to logging due to other creatures. Recreation and hunting are allowed  in many areas where there are endangered creatures.

Dude you cannot hunt in National Parks or Reserves. Alot of lands over the years have been landlocked due to protecting habitat for endangered species. 

41 minutes ago, Resume said:

Certainly.  An informed one.

If you say so and makes you sleep at night. 

So you have nothing to tell us other than some vague claim of " I can think of a million reasons why they are subjected to cover ups."

Seems your first suggestion does not pass the @Desertrat56test.  Remember that we are not discussing this week, but the entire set of claims of the existence of BF

I am not an expert so no I do not have the answers. Wrong person to ask that question for full facts but I can only provide theories based on information I obtained from other people involved in this issue. 

And so once again someone proposing BF does not know how many toes are in BF tracks.

It's a trivial question one would think. It has a simple answer. It is based on so-called evidence provided by the BF story tellers.

Well I cannot tell you since I could not see their feet that night and no tracks was visible so again I am no expert just a witness. 

Just now, tonecop45 said:

I am not an expert so no I do not have the answers. Wrong person to ask that question for full facts but I can only provide theories based on information I obtained from other people involved in this issue. 

Based on this comment, you could put your armchair next to @papageorge1.   

• Like 2

Just now, Desertrat56 said:

That is your entitled opinion. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

Well, I am late to this party and thanks for the invite. Just read the OP story only:

Papameter Reading

Cryptid 70%    Natural  15%    15% Hoax

(Natural would include bear or human or human in costume)

@tonecop45   I like people that stick to their guns (figuratively I mean).

A source I respect says Ohio is a bigfoot hotspot. Kentucky is a boarder state, so....?

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

Well, I am late to this party and thanks for the invite. Just read the OP story only:

Papameter Reading

Cryptid 70%    Natural  15%    15% Hoax

(Natural would include bear or human or human in costume)

@tonecop45   I like people that stick to their guns (figuratively I mean).

A source I respect says Ohio is a bigfoot hotspot. Kentucky is a boarder state, so....?

I am not sure about Ohio as I have visited the Northern areas of Columbus near Marengo and did not have that bad vibe like I did in Eastern Kentucky in Cave City area. 

1 hour ago, tonecop45 said:

Dude you cannot hunt in National Parks or Reserves. Alot of lands over the years have been landlocked due to protecting habitat for endangered species. 

This statement is incorrect:

https://www.doi.gov/blog/hunting-and-fishing-national-parks-and-fish-and-wildlife-refuges

However, your comments on ballistics are, in a general manner, accurate.

• Like 1

• The topic was locked