Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

11 school children pass out after Ouija board session in Colombia

UM-Bot

51 minutes ago, jethrofloyd said:

Very tragic. But, I believe that something else is the reason of deaths, not the ouija table. Maybe a gas poisoning?

They didn't die, just fell unconscious.

• Like 2

The article also says that, while the investigation is ongoing, the medical report claims they got sick due to food poisoning.
You gotta read those things, people :P

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I think it had to be some shared food or drink that caused it.  I've never heard instances of mass hysteria  (psychogenic illness)  causing these kinds of symptoms but if anyone can link to it, I'd be interested to learn :) 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, jethrofloyd said:

Very tragic. But, I believe that something else is the reason of deaths, not the ouija table. Maybe a gas poisoning?

It didn't say any of them died, did it? Edit:  Oh sorry, someone already responded.

Edited by papageorge1

Well, we'll probably never hear the results of this investigation. Did they all eat the same food?

Anyway, I do believe malevolent spirit activity could cause something like these. I have heard other cases too.

Papameter just flashed message: not enough information

Edited by papageorge1

They could have hyped themselves into believing terrible things were happening. Unfortunately, there are no known biometrics of the classmates and this isn't a study. 

• Like 1

Food poisoning seems like a possibility.

• Like 1

Good thing it was only a single ouija board or @ouija ouijawould have some explaining to do.

Edited by newbloodmoon
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

If they were in a small closed room with lit candles while using the ouija board I think it could very well be lack of oxygen which caused the symptoms.

food poisoning or a noxious chemical in the air, likely. 
They should have waited for the kids to say what they think it was.

• Like 1

Wow a baby walked thru bars or a ouiji board made brats sick are people really this gullible?

• Like 1

On 11/12/2022 at 3:46 AM, UM-Bot said:

According to reports, the youngsters were found unconscious and suffering from various physical ailments.

https://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/361887/11-school-children-pass-out-after-ouija-board-session-in-colombia

I'm gonna bet it is caused by anxiety.  If you tell kids that the ouija board talks to the devil and they will all be cursed, they will work themselves up to a state of nervous exhaustion, and if there is a group of them, they will all synch in to each other and hype each other up.

On 11/12/2022 at 3:58 AM, jethrofloyd said:

<_<Clearly Jethrofloyd knows more about this than he's letting on... Nobody else mentioned any deaths, and as a Kid I was really good at Encyclopedia Brown mysteries, so I know when I've seen a textual prompt for guilt.  Why did you do it Jethro?  Did one of the kids owe you money?  Did you sell them the Ouija board or something?  What kind of gas was it you used ? Confess! :td:

Edited by Alchopwn
  • Like 1

Apart from them putting it on it is psychological imo and can lead to depression and even death. This is why ouija board use is to be avoided. It is dangerous as I've always said if the belief is that strong, the mind can do more than we know.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, the13bats said:

Wow a baby walked thru bars or a ouiji board made brats sick are people really this gullible?

They really are and dumb to go with it. I don't know how you work with groups of inebriated ones, hats off to you mate:tu:.

• Like 1

On 11/15/2022 at 9:56 AM, Alchopwn said:

Confess! :td:

I confess. :lol:

Eh...Before I saw this news here, on the another site I read a news about this accident too For a short time, it was wrongly stated that there were several deadly casualties. After some time, I saw the news here too, and without thinking too much and under the impression of that other site wrong statement, I wrote my message in this thread.

The most important thing is that neither the other site, nor myself was right and i hope the kids are ok now.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/15/2022 at 5:20 AM, openozy said:

They really are and dumb to go with it. I don't know how you work with groups of inebriated ones, hats off to you mate:tu:.

Thanks, Im lucky to be where i am at in the club stuff like on sat night i stayed in my DJ booth from 8 til 2. Leave the drunks to security.

On 11/15/2022 at 5:15 AM, openozy said:

Apart from them putting it on it is psychological imo and can lead to depression and even death. This is why ouija board use is to be avoided. It is dangerous as I've always said if the belief is that strong, the mind can do more than we know.

You know i place zero power in any board game, and i posted somewhere i use one as a mouse pad however the power of the mind is a different story, like that cat in the 90s who thought i put a spell on him he wrecks his car and is unhinged begging me to take it off, no matter how much i told him i do not believe in magic he insited it was real and i did it to him, poor guy hope hes okay.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, the13bats said:

like that cat in the 90s who thought i put a spell on him he wrecks his car and is unhinged begging me to take it off, no matter how much i told him i do not believe in magic he insited it was real and i did it to him, poor guy hope hes okay.

That's like the indigenous over here, they will point a bone at someone to do them harm and the victim often dies from this ritual. All mind based but if you deep down believe it, it is reality. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, openozy said:

That's like the indigenous over here, they will point a bone at someone to do them harm and the victim often dies from this ritual. All mind based but if you deep down believe it, it is reality. 

Very much so i worked at my buddies Santeria shop and i saw so many people 100% believe a bath or candle could change the world for them.

• Haha 1