Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Crypto exchange FTX files for bankruptcy protection

Eldorado

2 hours ago, acidhead said:

Hmmm.... 

A little jittery you think?  Keep in mind it takes a lot of speed to be a billionaire crytpo trader at age 30.

• Like 1

On 11/11/2022 at 4:40 PM, Piney said:

Which prophets would that be? 

Ezekiel and Isaiah, primarily.  Do us both a favor and pass on the religion lessons.  I'm not interested in being told, in detail, why you think I'm an idiot.  I don't CARE if you believe that, Piney.  You'll note that I'm not the one mocking those like you who reject the idea of faith and substitute it with pride in their own knowledge.  You do you.  I already know that it will be RARE indeed for those who are filled with pride to ever admit they might be wrong in their beliefs.  We both know that these predictions that were dated around 2500 years ago, could unfold in precisely the way they were written and folks like yourself would use your knowledge of history and texts to explain away anything Divine being involved.  I'm okay with that.  I can't change people like that and they'll never change me, so what would be the point in trying?

Ultimately, if your beliefs are accurate, I'll never be aware of it.  If MINE are accurate, there will be some major surprises in the futures of those who mock people of faith.  I sincerely take no joy in that idea.

On 11/12/2022 at 5:03 AM, preacherman76 said:

Just watch. This is all going down soon. We will see what is or isn’t possible when it comes to policing digital currency. 

I think that anyone who is betting the U.S. won't find a way to control and tax wealth, is just kidding themselves.  I'm about as ignorant of all this as it's possible to be but what I DO KNOW is that once our government institutes their own digital dollar, all freedom, every single bit of it, is gone from that day forward. In THAT world, a skilled craftsman who has a marketable product based on his labor and knowledge, will be far better off than people with all their money in bank accounts.  Barter will be the only means of sidestepping that control and even THEN, the government will be on the look out to bust such freedoms.

On 11/13/2022 at 1:51 PM, preacherman76 said:

True. They were Biden’s top donor. 

Yeah, but we've seen this movie before.  Those on the Left in DC have reached the point where they simply ignore the laws and basically flip the people the middle finger.  Consider Wray at FBI.  He sits in front of a congressional committee and repeats, over and over, that he "can't discuss" cases under active investigation.  Our government has morphed into full totalitarianism, all that's missing is confiscation of the guns.

On 11/15/2022 at 8:35 AM, preacherman76 said:

Guess you were right. Sam is being totally protected. Bahama’s authorities said he has done nothing illegal and is free to go. Like wow. This kid has friends in high places. This is the worst scandal in American history, and so far looks like he’s gonna walk. 

Along with several democrats who were getting money sent back from Ukraine through FTX to fund campaigns. That’s in part why it’s so important we send them a insane amount of cash flow. Just wow

I saw a quote from Maxine Waters where she was basically saying - everyone was doing it.  The Rs are going to be more circumspect (I hope) with the funding of Ukraine's war with Russia.  They won't stop the funding (nor should they, IMO) BUT they should name an Inspector General to thoroughly audit every penny from this point forward.  Honest people will have no problem with this.

@acidhead  He looks like he's cruising on some meth or something similar to it.  I don't expect anyone to be held accountable for where these billions have gone BUT I'd at least like to see the politicians like Nancy, Chuck, Dick Durbin, and marble-mouth Mitch having to defend themselves in the public eye.  There are certainly records of these "donations" and it should be fun and instructive to look at the dates when the cash was given to Ukraine and then compare it to when the campaign donations flowed by to the politicians.

2 hours ago, and-then said:

Ezekiel and Isaiah, primarily.  Do us both a favor and pass on the religion lessons.  I'm not interested in being told, in detail, why you think I'm an idiot.  I don't CARE if you believe that, Piney.  You'll note that I'm not the one mocking those like you who reject the idea of faith and substitute it with pride in their own knowledge.  You do you.  I already know that it will be RARE indeed for those who are filled with pride to ever admit they might be wrong in their beliefs.  We both know that these predictions that were dated around 2500 years ago, could unfold in precisely the way they were written and folks like yourself would use your knowledge of history and texts to explain away anything Divine being involved.  I'm okay with that.  I can't change people like that and they'll never change me, so what would be the point in trying?

Ultimately, if your beliefs are accurate, I'll never be aware of it.  If MINE are accurate, there will be some major surprises in the futures of those who mock people of faith.  I sincerely take no joy in that idea.

I mock nothing. I show the historical context they were written in and it has nothing to do with the U.S.

As for Ezekiel. Any Rabbinical scholar will tell you it is the mudpies of a mentalcase's mind and only kept for its literary value.

Edit: But the Jews are wrong about their own sacred book and a uneducated American preacher is right......Which is racist......

Edited by Piney
  • Like 1

He joins an illustrious list.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, and-then said:

For the readers..

Isaiah was talking about the Jews being freed from Babylonian captivity by Cyrus the Great. The main part was probably written by the actual Isaiah. The prose and commentary added during the rule of King Josiah.

• Like 1

These are some facts.  US politicians send 50 billion USD in aid to Ukraine. It's the taxpayer's money.  Ukraine government "invests" in FTX.  Sam Bankman-Fried becomes the third highest donor to the Democratic National Committee to the tune of 70 million USD.  One of his company officers give the Republicans 27 million USD.  Do you see how this works?

Edited by tortugabob
  • Thanks 1

Next week the New York Times in partnership with WEF partner Accenture is supposed to be hosting a live event with Sam Bankman-Fried. Sitting next to him will be Zelensky, Zuckerberg and U.S. Treasury's Janet Yellen.

FhvhmCEXgAEmTs4.jpg.e78681694d5db2964167f9e11d5a8895.jpg

How much has Biden promised Zelensky? 

Anybody else smell fish?

Edited by itsnotoutthere
  • Haha 2

Inspector Maxine, I presume?

Chairwoman Waters, Ranking Member McHenry Announce December Hearing to Investigate FTX Collapse

https://financialservices.house.gov/news/documentsingle.aspx?DocumentID=409920

Waters avoided reporter Hillary Vaughn’s question when asked if Democrats who received campaign cash from FTX should give it back, saying, "Well, I don't want to get into that. As a matter of fact, both sides, Democrats and Republicans, have received donations. So thank you."

https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics/maxine-waters-dodges-question-ftx-democrat-ties-claims-both-sides-got-money

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, el midgetron said:

Inspector Maxine, I presume?

Chairwoman Waters, Ranking Member McHenry Announce December Hearing to Investigate FTX Collapse

https://financialservices.house.gov/news/documentsingle.aspx?DocumentID=409920

Waters avoided reporter Hillary Vaughn’s question when asked if Democrats who received campaign cash from FTX should give it back, saying, "Well, I don't want to get into that. As a matter of fact, both sides, Democrats and Republicans, have received donations. So thank you."

https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics/maxine-waters-dodges-question-ftx-democrat-ties-claims-both-sides-got-money

I’ll eat everyone’s hats if the result of the investigation isn’t “nothing to see here, he donated to both sides” with a side order of “well, he’s a naughty boy, but there’s nothing we can do about it, lol”. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

20 hours ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

I’ll eat everyone’s hats if the result of the investigation isn’t “nothing to see here, he donated to both sides” with a side order of “well, he’s a naughty boy, but there’s nothing we can do about it, lol”. 

Well then, that will tell us everything we need to know about corruption in high office.

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Eldorado said:

Absolutely brilliant & spot on.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

FEC is investiating after Sam Bankman-Fried's admission that he secretly donated money to Republicans:Sam Bankman-Fried’s Admission About Secret GOP Donations Provoke An FEC Complaint (msn.com)

In a complaint to the Federal Election Commission (FEC), Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington (CREW) cited a November interview between Bankman-Fried and YouTuber Tiffany Fong, in which Bankman-Fried claimed to be “the second or third biggest Republican donor this year.” 

Bankman-Fried is widely known to have donated roughly $37 million to Democratic candidates in 2022. But in the interview, he claimed to have donated “about the same amount” to Republicans. He said he did it anonymously because he anticipated a backlash if his ties to the GOP became public.- from the article. 

Sounds like he ws paying off both sides but was ashamed of being associated with the Republicans.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Gromdor said:

FEC is investiating after Sam Bankman-Fried's admission that he secretly donated money to Republicans:Sam Bankman-Fried’s Admission About Secret GOP Donations Provoke An FEC Complaint (msn.com)

In a complaint to the Federal Election Commission (FEC), Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington (CREW) cited a November interview between Bankman-Fried and YouTuber Tiffany Fong, in which Bankman-Fried claimed to be “the second or third biggest Republican donor this year.” 

Bankman-Fried is widely known to have donated roughly $37 million to Democratic candidates in 2022. But in the interview, he claimed to have donated “about the same amount” to Republicans. He said he did it anonymously because he anticipated a backlash if his ties to the GOP became public.- from the article. 

Sounds like he ws paying off both sides but was ashamed of being associated with the Republicans.

Trying to play both sides for favors, but really only caring if he gets caught with the Republicans. Hilarious.

The Bahamas police have arrested Sam Bankman-Fried, founder of the collapsed cryptocurrency exchange FTX, the country's attorney general has said.

He will appear in a magistrates court in The Bahamas on Tuesday, authorities in the Caribbean country said.

Police said Mr Bankman-Fried was arrested for "Financial Offences" against laws in the US and The Bahamas.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-63953096

• Like 1